Search found 98 matches

by Jhael
23 Feb 2014 18:56
Forum: Game - General
Topic: Kender XP
Replies: 4
Views: 1893

Re: Kender XP

Actually, I've found that the best way to grind xp is actually to kill large amounts of smaller enemies, rather than small amounts of large enemies. I can't speak to any xp modifiers that exist in the world, but efficiency-wise smashing a ton of little things is more effective for a number of reason...
by Jhael
20 Feb 2014 16:40
Forum: Game - Help
Topic: Advanced Newbie Guide
Replies: 21
Views: 10467

Re: Advanced Newbie Guide

I do mean this constructively ... but I find it a little goofy that you were just talking about how this game is hard and that's a good thing, but here you are wanting to create a compendium to give to newbies? I mean don't get me wrong, I think it's a step in the right direction, I'm just not sure ...
by Jhael
15 Feb 2014 21:02
Forum: Game - Technical
Topic: Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD
Replies: 13
Views: 7027

Re: Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD

Sorry, I did see that post and probably should have piggy backed off of it. I had been trying to use Earth's advice in this most recent attempt to get it working and without realizing how old the post was just replied to it. :D Just giving you a hard time. That post is pretty recent though, and pro...
by Jhael
14 Feb 2014 23:37
Forum: Game - Technical
Topic: Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD
Replies: 13
Views: 7027

Re: Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD

I'm not sure how you managed to necro a 4 year old thread without first finding this one: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =14&t=2560
by Jhael
14 Feb 2014 20:35
Forum: Cornucopia - Everything Else!
Topic: Star Citizen
Replies: 7
Views: 2498

Re: Star Citizen

I can't decide if I'm upset that I didn't pledge anything for Star Citizen when I had the chance. I struggle with MMO's pretty hard, they get boring so fast. But this game looks like it going to be pretty awesome ... and I played so much Wing Commander when I was a kid.
by Jhael
14 Feb 2014 20:23
Forum: Cornucopia - Everything Else!
Topic: Star Citizen
Replies: 7
Views: 2498

Re: Star Citizen

My, my. Someone's nosey. :lol:
by Jhael
07 Feb 2014 18:28
Forum: Game - General
Topic: Problems Thread
Replies: 40
Views: 19354

Re: Problems Thread

6) 1 Replies 61 Views (at time of edit) Apparently everyone is willing to comment on various solutions, but not on what the underlying problems actually are? Guess we better solve it quick, whatever it is. I realize I may come from a different perspective as everyone else, but my world is software d...
by Jhael
06 Feb 2014 16:36
Forum: Suggestion Box
Topic: Stats - Diminishing Returns
Replies: 48
Views: 9008

Re: Stats - Diminishing Returns

Maybe it's time to admit that Genesis will forever remain imbalanced in this regard. From what I can tell, the biggest players of the realms will never agree to any sort of nerf on themselves (and why should they?). Perhaps, too, it's time to change our expectations of Genesis. It keeps getting said...
by Jhael
31 Jan 2014 17:31
Forum: Game - General
Topic: Death Penalty Opinions
Replies: 193
Views: 36145

Re: Death Penalty Opinions

Perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention to this discussion, but I've lost sight of what changing the death penalty is a solution for. What is the existing 'problem' that this change is intended to resolve? In my estimation there are a few possibilities, of course if I miss the mark with all o...
by Jhael
24 Jan 2014 09:04
Forum: Game - General
Topic: Death Penalty Opinions
Replies: 193
Views: 36145

Re: Death Penalty Opinions

Lastly this I think would have a chilling effect on guild wars. Any time one broke out, players would sit in their guild for fear of losing 25% of their stats and not being able to defend as the war continues. If a champion stands no chance against a myth mage, what will 75% of a champion hope to a...