Herb gathering code (zMud 7.21)

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sharn
Expert

Re: Herb gathering code (zMud 7.21)

Post by Sharn » 19 Jan 2011 12:46

Cherek wrote:Sharn: Even if you turn off combat messages?

I have them off (which should be default I think) and colorcode say/grates/yells etc. Works fine for me.
With combat messages off is almost bearable...but I turned them on to see how we mash trolls!
Amber rocks! :shock:

I still like some descriptions of combat specials and blows but had to turn it off again.
Would love to watch combat while not missing any chat :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Jan 2011 14:21

Then help from Earth is probably a good bet yes.:)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 19 Jan 2011 17:05

I have see combat off but are spammed with echos of my own shitty triggers. I need a newbie trigger/script guide!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 19 Jan 2011 17:47

Why not just make a trigger that pulls conversation into a seperate Window so you have that text seperated? I doesn't work well with Communes.. or Magic based tells... but works pretty decently for basic conversation. Thats what I have... helps me keep up with the conversation and filters out all the spam or combat details when i just want to see conversation.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 19 Jan 2011 17:59

Got a number to a callcenter for questions about that?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Jan 2011 18:12

Makfly wrote:You try to make it seem like you have it so hard, but it's a bit like millionaires talking about how hard they have it, when they have to choose between a 3rd yarcht and a 5th Rolls Royce. :)

Personally, I don't think you should be entitled to an edge in the game, because you happen to know how to code scripts.
But since the Admin agrees with you, you have been able to maintain an edge in the past, and will be able to do so in the future as well.

Just sucks for all the other players, who don't know how to code, but then, who cares...they can just shut up and learn how to code, right?
I agree and it's also unfair that people don't give me all the quest guides I'd ever want because that gives certain people an edge over me, specially those old timers who have quests that I dont because they found Genesis before me. Yeah thats right I said it you old farts.

Oh and people who know where to find the best items and what they do, thats not always common knowledge and the admin have let this go on for years and years. It sucks but I mean who cares? Guess I'll just have to shut up and learn what NPC's hold which items and where to find them.

And don't even get me started on those people who can figure how far along their stats are once they reach Epic and beyond. I mean thats just total crap that they can understand something I can't.

Life is just so unfair on Genesis how dare the admin allow these players to take the time to learn and understand something I just don't think is right. Shame on you wizards for just sitting by while this is taking place! You are ruining this game for me and I hope your all happy with your decision!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Jan 2011 18:13

Kitriana wrote:Why not just make a trigger that pulls conversation into a seperate Window so you have that text seperated? I doesn't work well with Communes.. or Magic based tells... but works pretty decently for basic conversation. Thats what I have... helps me keep up with the conversation and filters out all the spam or combat details when i just want to see conversation.
I've tried that a few times but the problem I run into is when it captures what others are saying it switches windows on me so then I have to reclick the mud window so I can reply.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 19 Jan 2011 18:46

sharn wrote:Sorry for the off topic.

Earth, I think you posted a great script for zmud (or at least a part of it).
The script filtered all chat like emotes, says, tells, grates, etc. and displayed it in new zmud window.

In my opinion, it is a must have in script database.
I couldnt find it. Could you post it?

Would be a bless in combat spam.
I had a long break from genesis. Yesterday I got headache trying to catch the team chat in just mild combat spam on Mithas.
Sure...I'll be willing to share. I'll start a brand new thread and post it there when I have a moment.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 19 Jan 2011 19:06

Greneth wrote:I agree and it's also unfair that people don't give me all the quest guides I'd ever want because that gives certain people an edge over me, specially those old timers who have quests that I dont because they found Genesis before me. Yeah thats right I said it you old farts.

Oh and people who know where to find the best items and what they do, thats not always common knowledge and the admin have let this go on for years and years. It sucks but I mean who cares? Guess I'll just have to shut up and learn what NPC's hold which items and where to find them.

And don't even get me started on those people who can figure how far along their stats are once they reach Epic and beyond. I mean thats just total crap that they can understand something I can't.

Life is just so unfair on Genesis how dare the admin allow these players to take the time to learn and understand something I just don't think is right. Shame on you wizards for just sitting by while this is taking place! You are ruining this game for me and I hope your all happy with your decision!
Fair attempt at sarcasm, but your underlying attitude is surely something that will attract gamers and keep them staying around for years to come.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/