Connecting problems

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Connecting problems

Post by Zestana » 31 May 2011 22:40

Hey all,

So I moved into a new place and haven't gotten the internet set up yet.

I am close enough to a university to get the free wifi there, but when I try connecting to genesis even through the web client it tells me there is a security error.

Does anyone know if there is a way around the block the university seems to have put up for this?

Zestana
The opinions in these posts are not that of the player Zestana but that of the player Ilrahil. Having had my account removed due to irreconcilable differences with the administration it is the only way I am able to offer my opinion.

Laurel

Re: Connecting problems

Post by Laurel » 01 Jun 2011 09:46

did you try any of the "HideMyIp" sites?

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 01 Jun 2011 19:01

Tried with no luck.

Guess I'll be visiting Starbucks later.
The opinions in these posts are not that of the player Zestana but that of the player Ilrahil. Having had my account removed due to irreconcilable differences with the administration it is the only way I am able to offer my opinion.

Targun
Adventurer

Post by Targun » 06 Jun 2011 03:57

An open wifi is likely to have telnet protocol connections restricted. This or hgh ports blocked. A number of solutions here. The easiest- someone setting a tunnel for you, or using some third-party software e.g. http://your-freedom.net/. Little app in the download section allows setting the mud connection through a port 80- web. The premium account has unlimited transfer/time. Regular accounts have weekly restrictions. Though these are assigned to logins and their corresponding emails. Thus a few emails should be enough to shuffle between them without hitting time limits.

Not particularly convenient, still should do the job. Zmud/Cmud seem to be able also to connect through a proxy. Though I tried this once or twice and my attempts proved to be futile. I haven't given it much time though. Anyway, it might be difficult to find a reliable free proxy server.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/