Connecting problems

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Connecting problems

Post by Zestana » 31 May 2011 22:40

Hey all,

So I moved into a new place and haven't gotten the internet set up yet.

I am close enough to a university to get the free wifi there, but when I try connecting to genesis even through the web client it tells me there is a security error.

Does anyone know if there is a way around the block the university seems to have put up for this?

Zestana

Laurel

Re: Connecting problems

Post by Laurel » 01 Jun 2011 09:46

did you try any of the "HideMyIp" sites?

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 01 Jun 2011 19:01

Tried with no luck.

Guess I'll be visiting Starbucks later.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 06 Jun 2011 03:57

An open wifi is likely to have telnet protocol connections restricted. This or hgh ports blocked. A number of solutions here. The easiest- someone setting a tunnel for you, or using some third-party software e.g. http://your-freedom.net/. Little app in the download section allows setting the mud connection through a port 80- web. The premium account has unlimited transfer/time. Regular accounts have weekly restrictions. Though these are assigned to logins and their corresponding emails. Thus a few emails should be enough to shuffle between them without hitting time limits.

Not particularly convenient, still should do the job. Zmud/Cmud seem to be able also to connect through a proxy. Though I tried this once or twice and my attempts proved to be futile. I haven't given it much time though. Anyway, it might be difficult to find a reliable free proxy server.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/