Soft stat cap

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Soft stat cap

Post by Zar » 22 Mar 2012 16:22

Hi

There a lot of notes on boards talking about soft cap.
May anyone shed some light on how it works?

It is pretty unfair that some (former wizards or friends of wizards) know how it works and the rest not.

Maybe if we will know we will stop whining about hard cap.

Laurel

Re: Soft stat cap

Post by Laurel » 22 Mar 2012 17:24

Without numbers (as I never had a wizard, nor a possibility to look into wizard-files myself):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth

If you take exp required to grow your stat by one, it's more or less the green line in this picture:

This means, that growth from 1-2 requires a lot less experience invested in the given stat, than growth from 101-102.

Imagine how much exp people have invested in stats "supreme*1.5" (Irk? Feya? Xar?)? All I can suggest to you, is that if they invested this exp from this single stat, evenly onto other stats (obviously human, as this does not take racial bonuses into count), they'd reach supreme in all 6 stats (QUITE above myth).

Count into it the simple fact, that combat exp gain is QUITE affected by brutality and quest-exp cap is not quite "soft".

PS.: My GF quite enjoys mathematics and statistics and made a graph for Gen-exp for me once. Need to nudge her to find it for me, but it showed more or less that above supreme stat (without racial bonuses) growth becomes ... pathetic/insignificant/incredibly slow/etc.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 22 Mar 2012 18:50

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 22 Mar 2012 19:29

Wow... bring me more public information :D

What else is public?

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 22 Mar 2012 19:30

zar wrote:Wow... bring me more public information :D

What else is public?
Click the formulas.h link above and check the other files.
It's rather boring reading however. :)

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 23 Mar 2012 02:30

It gets steeper and steeper..

So automatically there will be a softcap itself cause it will take so much exp to gain a single point of a stat that it takes like 2 months to grind it, in end that is.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/