Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Maisey
Beginner

Re: Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Post by Maisey » 06 Apr 2017 07:08

Dixel wrote:Hey all!

EDIT: so, i managed to fit everything in my screen... removed the bars from the magic map, and tweaked a bit with the position of Hairetikos stats... it looks like the attachment now.... regretfully, it will probably not look the same in any other resolution that isnt 1366x768 (this is a laptop)... i can show you where to modify the width/height and where the template for the onscreen data is, so you can tweak with it yourself though....
I need some help from anyone who is willing to help me get the magic map to show up. I am currently not seeing the map at all. I would love to get my screen to look like the one in Dixel's post above, with the scrollbars removed and the map fitting so nicely. But for it to show up at all will be an improvement. I need the most bonehead explanations possible. Here what I have done so far:
I downloaded and installed Mudlet 3.0 for mac.
Then using packet manager (which I only learned to do reading this forum) I installed some things. The packet install screen now shows the following:
GenesisMagicMap
For_Genesis_20130329b1
Mapper_Modifiedrar
mapper (which for some reason when I install lists itself twice)
mapper
For_Genesis_20130326b1
GenesisMagicMap-8-19-2014

Under Preferences, General, I have checked the box for 'enable GMCP'

I have saved, quit mudlet and restarted. I have all the status bars, but no magic map. Thank you to anyone who can help!!
And I would super love to be able to set up my screen to look like the one in the post.

Maisey

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 06 Apr 2017 08:11

Maisey wrote:...my magic map won't show up...
You could use the Webclient through the Chrome Store..
It's always worked for me, though I use Windows..
(Can you even get Chrome on a Mac? Does that work? *shrug* )
Here's a link to the Chrome Store*
Again, this has never failed me, but you may prefer something else, so oh well.
Hope it helps--if not you--someone. :)

*If the link does not work, typing "Genesis" into the store search bar works as well..

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 28 May 2017 21:31

Maisey wrote:
Dixel wrote:Hey all!

EDIT: so, i managed to fit everything in my screen... removed the bars from the magic map, and tweaked a bit with the position of Hairetikos stats... it looks like the attachment now.... regretfully, it will probably not look the same in any other resolution that isnt 1366x768 (this is a laptop)... i can show you where to modify the width/height and where the template for the onscreen data is, so you can tweak with it yourself though....
I need some help from anyone who is willing to help me get the magic map to show up. I am currently not seeing the map at all. I would love to get my screen to look like the one in Dixel's post above, with the scrollbars removed and the map fitting so nicely. But for it to show up at all will be an improvement. I need the most bonehead explanations possible. Here what I have done so far:
I downloaded and installed Mudlet 3.0 for mac.
Then using packet manager (which I only learned to do reading this forum) I installed some things. The packet install screen now shows the following:
GenesisMagicMap
For_Genesis_20130329b1
Mapper_Modifiedrar
mapper (which for some reason when I install lists itself twice)
mapper
For_Genesis_20130326b1
GenesisMagicMap-8-19-2014

Under Preferences, General, I have checked the box for 'enable GMCP'

I have saved, quit mudlet and restarted. I have all the status bars, but no magic map. Thank you to anyone who can help!!
And I would super love to be able to set up my screen to look like the one in the post.

Maisey
Hey, if you've figured it out, could you post a solution? I'm trying to figure out the same right now, and not succeeding.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 02 Jan 2018 09:27

Simple vitals and status bars for mudlet - gmcp

Updated. Progress gauge added.

Attachments
Vitals20180102.zip
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 12 Jan 2018 11:40

If we can get hallor from discord to "demilitarize" his mapper script (whatever that means!), we could get genesis with the fancy artwork to the pre-installed muds into mudlet - might actually do more good for getting more players than the clicking and voting on some sites.

https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Listing_Your_MUD

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 12 Jan 2018 15:44

Zugzug wrote:If we can get hallor from discord to "demilitarize" his mapper script (whatever that means!), we could get genesis with the fancy artwork to the pre-installed muds into mudlet - might actually do more good for getting more players than the clicking and voting on some sites.

With Syrk's package and Mudlet's flexibility and ease-of-use (it makes timers, for example, very very easy), I think Mudlet could be really effective for generating enthusiasm for the game. I don't know if it will drive people to Genesis, but it certainly makes it more powerful without requiring knowledge of JavaScript.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 12 Jan 2018 18:38

sylphan wrote:
Zugzug wrote:If we can get hallor from discord to "demilitarize" his mapper script (whatever that means!), we could get genesis with the fancy artwork to the pre-installed muds into mudlet - might actually do more good for getting more players than the clicking and voting on some sites.

With Syrk's package and Mudlet's flexibility and ease-of-use (it makes timers, for example, very very easy), I think Mudlet could be really effective for generating enthusiasm for the game. I don't know if it will drive people to Genesis, but it certainly makes it more powerful without requiring knowledge of JavaScript.
Mudlet is the default client new MUD players download - it is actively under development and has all the bells and whistles of older clients that have been abandoned (cMUD, zMUD, etc.)

In fact, if we get together some packages that would work for anyone (I think that would also mean figuring out how to spread out the geyser containers regardless of the screen resolution) we could get Genesis added to the list of "default" muds in mudlet, which could, in turn, drive more potential players to check out the game.

(these are the requirements):

Some MUDs go out of their way to make an nice interface, and can actually send that to new players when the game detects that they are using a compatible client.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 12 Jan 2018 21:36

I've looked at including Genesis there in the past but the blocker was that I don't use Mudlet so someone would need to maintain the 'official' package the mud presents.
If someone were to put together a package for Genesis and commit to keeping it updated then we could absolutely host it and make Mudlet automatically download it through GMCP.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 13 Jan 2018 00:49

cotillion wrote:

I've looked at including Genesis there in the past but the blocker was that I don't use Mudlet so someone would need to maintain the 'official' package the mud presents.
If someone were to put together a package for Genesis and commit to keeping it updated then we could absolutely host it and make Mudlet automatically download it through GMCP.
We already have a "basic package" for mudlet that Syrk had put together from various scripts - it's only missing the mapping scripts (that other players have, and have indicated they'd be willing to share) to make the complete set "required" by mudlet dev team.

Keeping them working would just require not taking anything else away from gmcp data (perhaps adding some stuff would be nice? we should talk about this in a different topic though) :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/