Count variables in CMUD

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aristos
Veteran

Count variables in CMUD

Post by Aristos » 16 Sep 2013 15:35

Hi,

I have a simple question regarding counting variables in CMUD -> Is there a way to set one ?!

I'd like to, for example, count the number of times I do an action, store this in a variable, and
then be able to call it out or make a decision based on the number reached.

Thanks in advance!

Jhael
Adept

Re: Count variables in CMUD

Post by Jhael » 22 Nov 2013 07:59

I don't know if you ever got a response on this ... but you can accomplish this a couple different ways.
Let's say you want to count how many times you 'kill human'

#1 you can create an alias, call it 'kh', that executes 'kill human' and then increments a counter variable through simple addition
#2 you can track the results of your desired action. create a trigger that fires on "you attack the * human" and increments the counter

Then you have a couple of options to perform your desired action once you've reached your limit

#1 again fire a trigger off of the results, if counter > X {do some stuff}
#2 you can set up an alarm that fires within an acceptable time period to track your action

It's been a few months since you asked this, but I figured I'd respond in case you would still find it useful.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/