Tinyfugue

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aristos
Veteran

Tinyfugue

Post by Aristos » 16 Sep 2013 15:44

Hi,

I've been trying to decipher some posts Rhaegar made on tinyfugue, but my puny brain can't understand them. I mean, I can use them and modify them, but I'd like to actually understand how to make some myself instead of modifying the existing ones (No, I cant really figure it out from his scripts).

I was wondering if any of you use tinyfugue at all and would be willing and able to have a QA session per PM, E-mail, Skype, or right here in the forum thread (so people can also benefit from it if they want), as I try to understand some concepts which I'd need to see if I can finally crack it. With the knowledge, and my incredible need to simplify complicated stuff, I was planning to write a "for-dummies" tutorial on it.

Now to the reasons.

Right now, one of the only reasons I'm still keeping a windows partition on my machine is because of CMUD and Genesis, otherwise I would've migrated completely to Debian. I have the opportunity of using tf there, and would love to "know" how to do more than what I can now (it's a childhood dream of mine). I know we have a web game client which I find wonderful, but I'm just used to keeping configuration files local, and also need color coding for lots of strings since I otherwise cannot differentiate between one thing and the other when fighting, etc.

Thanks!

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Tinyfugue

Post by Zhar » 16 Sep 2013 21:11

What exactly do you need to know about TF?

I'll PM you with my e-mail so you can ask freely there or via googletalk if it suits you. Or you can just ask your questions here and I'll answer as best I can.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Tinyfugue

Post by Zhar » 22 Feb 2014 19:11

Don't want to start another thread unnecessarily. I've been experimenting with TF substitutes recently and here's the result:

Code: Select all

A large chamber within the dungeons.
There is one obvious exit: south.
Eight orcish runts.
> health all
[    FEELING VERY WELL : IN FULL VIGOUR       ]
[                 runt : feeling very well    ]
>
Thought I'd make some info more readable. Need to experiment with this some more though...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/