Health Commands

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jhael
Adept

Health Commands

Post by Jhael » 05 Dec 2013 20:29

Is <help health> accurate on this?

I was hoping there exists a 'h enemies' that would list the health of all enemies you are currently in combat with. All I see is 'h enemy' which lists the health of only the enemy you are currently attacking.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: Health Commands

Post by Manglor » 05 Dec 2013 21:47

Jhael wrote:Is <help health> accurate on this?

I was hoping there exists a 'h enemies' that would list the health of all enemies you are currently in combat with. All I see is 'h enemy' which lists the health of only the enemy you are currently attacking.
Unfortunately, you are correct. Since you can onlybe attacking one mob at a time, that specific mob is considered your "enemy".

You can still, obviously, do 'health all' and extract non-teammate data.

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 05 Dec 2013 22:35

Hmm indeed. I was just hoping I was using incorrect syntax or something. I guess I'll start working on the triggers to strip stuff out.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 05 Dec 2013 23:27

Jhael wrote:Hmm indeed. I was just hoping I was using incorrect syntax or something. I guess I'll start working on the triggers to strip stuff out.
Jhael making an assumption here but you were trying to figure out how to make a Enemy Gauge from the conversation in the other thread? Assuming you also meant that for GPMC there is not "enemy" as a usable variable?

Just some novice thoughts but could it be possible to do a trigger/command that does a "look" and upon seeing "Is fighting you" have the command do a "health all" and list those descriptions or npcs in a guage/button format?

Also really going off the deep end, how possible would it be to expand on this and include a "team guage" that upon inviting someone creates them a guage and displays it underneath yours so you could now visually keep track of your teams health. Would be awesome when doing lands like Terel Trolls, Qual, Icewall and its possible that someone else is taking damage?

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 06 Dec 2013 01:26

Alexi wrote:
Jhael wrote:Hmm indeed. I was just hoping I was using incorrect syntax or something. I guess I'll start working on the triggers to strip stuff out.
Jhael making an assumption here but you were trying to figure out how to make a Enemy Gauge from the conversation in the other thread? Assuming you also meant that for GPMC there is not "enemy" as a usable variable?

Just some novice thoughts but could it be possible to do a trigger/command that does a "look" and upon seeing "Is fighting you" have the command do a "health all" and list those descriptions or npcs in a guage/button format?

Also really going off the deep end, how possible would it be to expand on this and include a "team guage" that upon inviting someone creates them a guage and displays it underneath yours so you could now visually keep track of your teams health. Would be awesome when doing lands like Terel Trolls, Qual, Icewall and its possible that someone else is taking damage?
It's all 'possible' it just comes down to a matter of how complex it is, is all.

For sake of simplicity, it might be easier to keep track of each thing that 'attacks you' or 'you attack' and then do a 'h <thing>'. I'm going to keep looking into it, it's just not as easy as I wanted it to be. :(

That also translates to it take me longer to get it going.

The team gauge would be done similarly, but it would even be easier than the enemy one, since there's a 'h team' command.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 06 Dec 2013 10:03

I should have some old triggers that highlight the health of your team in different colour than all the rest. I'll look for it and post it here somewhere if I find it. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 06 Dec 2013 11:16

Having just one button for health of your actual 'target' is quite easy to code but having buttons for all enemies in location is more complicated as you don't know how many of them could there be - it changes dynamically and no one cannot predict how big number of buttons you would need. I can make assumption there won't be more than five enemies but then code won't be perfect as no one can be certain s/he won't fight against bigger number. Instead of using 'h all' one might try to use 'h all but team' - it will show health of all at location with exception for the team members. I suggest different solution - if you really would like to have health of your enemies extracted from text you can capture it to separate window Image
or just make it more visible in main window using graphic symbols in the same way as in version with separate window. Having written that I must say you will have to hit the macro key or use the trigger to check health of your enemies quite often because it is not send via gmcp. Coming back to health bar for your target (enemy) - my solution is a trigger I've attached to this post. All you need to do later on is just type h enemy and it should display it in additional button next to your health bar.
Attachments
gaugebuttonforenemy.xml
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 368 times

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 06 Dec 2013 14:27

Nice, thanks!

What about the same thing for xp progs through the day (as we did with health bars?) For example, when I kill a mob i type 'stats' to see if I gained a progress level -- is there a way we could have something like:

***==========
minimal->fanta

Where the above filled in with asterisks would represent "a little" progress gained. (I took out insignificant obviously)

Einar, next I'd like you to work on a HUD for Genesis similar to popular MMO's. I'd like 3D graphical 'globes' similar to that of Diablo for health and fatigue.

Not sarcastic, your skills are amazing and I'm humbled. Is there a way to change the size/shape/design of the health bars you helped us make?

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 06 Dec 2013 16:14

Einar wrote:if you really would like to have health of your enemies extracted from text you can capture it to separate window
That is exactly what I have been doing. Jhael gave me a hand getting a few things set up, and last night I was able to get a third window (after game/speech windows) going that keeps track of various combat related items that I want to keep track of (related to spells, herb munching, enemy health related items.) It all pumps into that window.

The only thing I would maybe like to change is to add a newline in that window before or after certain items. Is there a good way to do that?
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 06 Dec 2013 22:50

Manglor: to answer your first question - of course it is possible but solution depends on what you would like better to have - graphic bar in main window as your example: ***========== or gauge bar as for health and fatigue. I haven't tried to customise the shape of button - it might be possible (I'm quite sure it is) but I never explored that option so cannot give you solution right now.
Amorana: you can either wipe off anything of the third window or simply add into code of trigger capturing choosen extra line like: name_of_third_window:#print {}
Personally when I had been using separate window to capture and display graphic health I had macro key under which I had two command: name_of_third_window:#clr;h all so every time I've pressed it the text on third window was wiped off and I filled in with new captured information.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/