Two issues: 1. client for Mac? 2. server address and port?

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ives
Beginner

Two issues: 1. client for Mac? 2. server address and port?

Post by Ives » 09 Feb 2015 20:12

1. I've been using the webpage interface, but want to try out a client. It looks like zMUD and cMUD are for Windows. Can anyone recommend a good Mac client?

2. I downloaded a Mac client called Mudlet just to try it out. It asks for a server address and port in order to connect - what is the correct address? (spica3.chalmers.net doesn't seem to work anymore... LOL)

Thanks for your help.

Ives

Mercade
Wizard

Re: Two issues: 1. client for Mac? 2. server address and po

Post by Mercade » 09 Feb 2015 20:26

Ives wrote:2. I downloaded a Mac client called Mudlet just to try it out. It asks for a server address and port in order to connect - what is the correct address? (spica3.chalmers.net doesn't seem to work anymore... LOL)
genesismud.org : 3011

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 09 Feb 2015 22:23

Ives wrote:1. I've been using the webpage interface, but want to try out a client. It looks like zMUD and cMUD are for Windows. Can anyone recommend a good Mac client?

Ives
1. mudlet is free and for mac, there is also a section on the forums where you can find a mapping script, specifically for Genesis as well as some other scripts -> https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 614#p24614

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Feb 2015 02:26

Yup Mudlet is probably your best option for Mac. Unless you wanna do like I do and run cMud on your Mac through a Windows emulator. There are a few around, I am using "Crossover", and except a few error messages when installing (that you can ignore), it's been running smoothly for half a decade.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/