Help regarding forgotten password

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amastacia
Greenhorne

Help regarding forgotten password

Post by Amastacia » 31 Oct 2016 12:57

So, I'm returning to Genesis after a while, and I seem to have forgotten my password, and can't find a way to reset it. Can someone help?

Apologies if I'm missing some obvious option to reset it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Help regarding forgotten password

Post by Cherek » 31 Oct 2016 17:03

Amastacia wrote:So, I'm returning to Genesis after a while, and I seem to have forgotten my password, and can't find a way to reset it. Can someone help?

Apologies if I'm missing some obvious option to reset it.
Unfortunately we have no obvious option other than to contact the AoP team. (We really should have one, because this is a common request). I have sent you a PM.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 01 Nov 2016 23:59

There is an option to add an email address to your account. Using that and adding a security question or two shouldn't make an automated password reset that difficult.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Nov 2016 06:19

Mersereau wrote:There is an option to add an email address to your account. Using that and adding a security question or two shouldn't make an automated password reset that difficult.
It's possible it isn't difficult, or maybe it is. I don't know, but as usual someone has to actually do it too. Right now we do it manually because nobody has set up anything automatic. Maybe a wizard will emerge with these powers one day!:)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 02 Nov 2016 06:45

So now we wait on the chosen one. Is there a prophesy to accompany the heralding of this savior?

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 02 Nov 2016 08:14

They say:
That he wears a cloak of gold and has eyes of fire..
That he will drink your wine and tell you tales..
That he spreads peace and love through the world from his mountain home..
That one might chance to meet him, wandering through the night..

Licentious
Novice
Location: close your eyes and dream of desire, there ah'll be.

Post by Licentious » 03 May 2017 04:21

ah'm having the same issue. Ah e'en reset the password and it lets me into the forums, but ah can't login with the same info? O.o
any help would be appreciated.
Overheard whilst ummm engaged: The youthful short-haired female guard pitifully says: "Nothing sadder than a merc with superior guru in Being Ridden."

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 May 2017 15:43

Licentious wrote:ah'm having the same issue. Ah e'en reset the password and it lets me into the forums, but ah can't login with the same info? O.o
any help would be appreciated.
Forum and game are two completely different things, so changing the password on the forums has no effect on the your account in the game. Only way to reset that is manually. Send me a PM here if you still need help!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/