One Per Arma/Extremely Slow Item Respawns

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: One Per Arma/Extremely Slow Item Respawns

Post by Kvator » 13 Oct 2018 14:14

bugs wrote:One more to the list: black horse quest, seems once per arma too
EDIT: Also this
Like stepping out of a portal, you find yourself near Bree in the Shire. You see an old woman running around in frenzy with a lunch bag in her hand while calling for her husband.
But not 100% sure as she may be hidden somewhere, but in the last few days ran through the whole area multiple times and that description is either wrong, or another once per arma setup
Stuff in Shire moves (boars, hobbits etc) so it's MUCH easier to do some quests there just after arma (where some npcs are close to where solutions points). Still not a bug, but design issue*.

My favourite was to find Dondel on Shire-Sparkle ship (in this dark location)

* But is it really an issue? Lots of new AAA open-world titles brag about their npcs 'living their lives' here we have super old F2P mud where npcs are even going on vacations (as in Dondel example above) from time to time.
Last edited by Kvator on 13 Oct 2018 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 13 Oct 2018 14:20

Kvator wrote:
bugs wrote:One more to the list: black horse quest, seems once per arma too
EDIT: Also this
Like stepping out of a portal, you find yourself near Bree in the Shire. You see an old woman running around in frenzy with a lunch bag in her hand while calling for her husband.
But not 100% sure as she may be hidden somewhere, but in the last few days ran through the whole area multiple times and that description is either wrong, or another once per arma setup
Stuff in Shire moves (boars, hobbits etc) so it's MUCH easier to do some quests there just after arma (where some npcs are close to where solutions points). Still not a bug, but design issue.

My favourite was to find Dondel on Shire-Sparkle ship (in this dark location)
I've been walking the whole area multiple times over as finally decided to start completing the quests etc, pretty sure they are not in normally walkable locations as went through whole GH harbour-road to trollshaws area in last couple days few times (funnily enough the only black horse out there is the one under a dark shape, wonder if anyone tried to bring this one back to complete the quest)
* But is it really an issue? Lots of new AAA open-world titles brag about their npcs 'living their lives' here we have super old F2P mud where npcs are even going for vacations (as in Dondel example above) from time to time.
Not necessarily an issue, but from my exploration, they are either somewhere near MM and living their dark lives there, or it's just a buggy quest implementation, something that this thread is about?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Oct 2018 14:23

bugs wrote: I've been walking the whole area multiple times over as finally decided to start completing the quests etc, pretty sure they are not in normally walkable locations as went through whole GH harbour-road to trollshaws area in last couple days few times (funnily enough the only black horse out there is the one under a dark shape, wonder if anyone tried to bring this one back to complete the quest)
I am not sure if horse spawn only after you ask for the quest. Try that and start serching from Ithilien area.

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 13 Oct 2018 14:29

Kvator wrote:
bugs wrote: I've been walking the whole area multiple times over as finally decided to start completing the quests etc, pretty sure they are not in normally walkable locations as went through whole GH harbour-road to trollshaws area in last couple days few times (funnily enough the only black horse out there is the one under a dark shape, wonder if anyone tried to bring this one back to complete the quest)
I am not sure if horse spawn only after you ask for the quest. Try that and start serching from Ithilien area.
Thanks, will try that, even though I have explored most of that too looking for mosquito cure and herbing, but not as thoroughly as the NW part, is the woman with sandwiches also hiding in Ithilien so her husband doesn't find her?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Oct 2018 14:34

bugs wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Thanks, will try that, even though I have explored most of that too looking for mosquito cure and herbing, but not as thoroughly as the NW part, is the woman with sandwiches also hiding in Ithilien so her husband doesn't find her?
Never had problem finding the woman. Husband should be tricky one here (as mentioned before I've met him on Sparkle-Shire ship once :) ).

btw I don't think she intro (so you must read descs of hobbit females - there should be something about her being worried for huaband or something)

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 13 Oct 2018 14:37

Kvator wrote: Never had problem finding the woman. Husband should be tricky one here (as mentioned before I've met him on Sparkle-Shire ship once :) ).

btw I don't think she intro (so you must read descs of hobbit females - there should be something about her being worried for huaband or something)
Thanks, was pretty sure to ask every old/aging/etc female hobbit task/help/quest, but must've missed her in that case. Will rewalk that whole area once again to make sure then

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Oct 2018 16:01

bugs wrote:
Kvator wrote: Never had problem finding the woman. Husband should be tricky one here (as mentioned before I've met him on Sparkle-Shire ship once :) ).

Thanks, was pretty sure to ask every old/aging/etc female hobbit task/help/quest, but must've missed her in that case. Will rewalk that whole area once again to make sure then
Chcecked it.

And as usual (+/- 90% of cases) when players grumble bout 'undoable quests' it's their fault (rely on solutions to much, not checking everything etc.) instead of actually "broken quests" :).

The Dondels' Residence.
There is one obvious exit: out.
A tall blonde female hobbit.
>
Your magic map is no longer glowing.
The tall blonde female hobbit mutters silently about something she has
forgotten.
This tall blonde woman seems to be stressed by large amount of house work.
Perhaps she could use a hand.
She is extremely tall and fat for a hobbit.
She looks attractive.
She seems to be feeling very well.
She is sighing sadly.
>
You ask the tall blonde female hobbit: help
>
You scratch your behind.
You ask the tall blonde female hobbit: husband
>
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: Oh my silly husband ran off without
his lunch.
The tall blonde female hobbit goes hmmmm.
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: Say, you look like a respectable
person.
The tall blonde female hobbit tries to look thoughtful but fails.
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: I'm sure you'd deliver it for me,
wouldn't you? He'd be most pleased.
The tall blonde female hobbit drops a brown wrapped lunch.
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: Thank you, toodles!
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: Oh, by the way, my husband's name is
Dondel!
The tall blonde female hobbit chatters: Curse that husband of mine. Ran off
without his lunch

(walking, searching)

This Dondel looks much like most other hobbits do: bare, furry feet; large,
rounded belly; and wide, friendly face. He is holding his big belly in his
hands.
He is extremely tall and of normal width for a hobbit.
He looks handsome.
He seems to be feeling very well.
>
You give a brown wrapped lunch to the tired hungry male hobbit.
>
The tired hungry male hobbit chatters: I appreciate the thought, but you
already brought me food.

took about 5 mins.

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 13 Oct 2018 16:06

Cool, will have to have a closer look for dondell's residence as I don't recall that location, can you also recheck where the black horse is?

Tulasi
Beginner

Post by Tulasi » 13 Oct 2018 17:40

Black Horse is 100% only spawning after someone asks for the task, and I did not have a problem after that. I think that it has a time after being returned (or possibly despawned) beforr it spawns again even whe asking for the task, so I would love it if the stablemaster perhaps had the same cooldown, saying "sorry, not needing help right" type of reply when quest is on cooldown...

Code: Select all

What's up with every big-player area being alignment nerfed from evil mobs to neutral or almost neutral while the good mobs stay good?

Examples like Ghastly Keep undeads and Terel Trolls can be mentioned on the "why are these almost neutral?"

bugs
Beginner

Post by bugs » 13 Oct 2018 20:53

Tulasi wrote:Black Horse is 100% only spawning after someone asks for the task, and I did not have a problem after that. I think that it has a time after being returned (or possibly despawned) beforr it spawns again even whe asking for the task, so I would love it if the stablemaster perhaps had the same cooldown, saying "sorry, not needing help right" type of reply when quest is on cooldown...
Look, I will respond with stablemaster: We have enough oats, ignore the horse west from me, surely it eats, but not enough to trigger a new quest, wait for saruman/suron, only they can trigger people in MT hard enough to warrant a quest, and that's a good thing

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/