One Per Arma/Extremely Slow Item Respawns

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: One Per Arma/Extremely Slow Item Respawns

Post by Melarec » 23 May 2017 07:43

Ckrik wrote:
Drazson wrote:Oh yes I confirm about the one in Twhil, not sure if it had issues with both quests there but sure with the sheep. I removed the cloak entirely, went south and north (or something) and the boy suddenly realized I had helped him. :P
Ok, I just took a look and it seems it was done on purpose. The boy is not very bright and can't see through disguises ;) I suppose I could make him a bit more discerning :lol:
Indeed you should! What if a wolf were to don a sheepskin? It'd eat the entire flock!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 May 2017 10:59

Cerin wrote: Dougan - Flotsam - Shell Quest: Ive attempted this one a few times and while the octopus has a normal respawn time the shell wirhin the chest does not.
Ah, one of the first ever quests I coded. Mid 90s? The code for resetting the chest treasure wasn't the best! Now fixed. Should have a standard reset time.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 23 May 2017 13:12

Thanks to all the wizards with quick responses and fixes, much appreciated.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 May 2017 20:39

Ckrik wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Cerin wrote:
Thera - Gont - Seashell Quest: This is one of the quests newbies normally get sent to. In this one you're to scour the beach for a seashell. Respawn times are fine, maybe could be a bit quicker for a newbie quest. But the problem lies in the RNG, there are multiple trash items and you've got to get ljcky with RNG for the Blue Seashell. Ive heard of some players attempting this three times before they finally obtained it and this also prevents further quests from completion as its a chain quest.
Its more a quality of life thing but her gather clams task is rather annoying too. The search time is long, it could be reduced significantly, since you are doing a menial task. Plus when I last did find rates were so low it it took several repeated trips searching up and down the beach to get them.

Plus It would be nice in general if her tide dependant quests told you if u r trying at the wrong tide state, and if so how long roughly you would have to wait.

Not as high priority as broken quests obviously, but it is a common area for new players to quest first.
The tidal action was meant to reward players who noticed the details and get players accustomed to turning over everything to solve quests. If you've done the quest a couple times I can see how it's frustrating.

The beach room descriptions change with the tide and it's Earthsea's version of day vs. night in Gondor. There are some things and quests in Gondor that can only be done at night. There were plans to do more things with the tides years ago, but I just never got around to finishing the code. It'll tie in nicely one I get around to finishing some stuff.

Earthsea was historically positioned as a newbie friendly domain, so most of our quests are a tad on the menial side since we purposely held back on the adrenalin pumping dangers.

Given the feedback, I'll shorten the time digging for clams a bit.
Hey its Ckrik creator of the New Gont, the domain that I see everyone of all sizes coming back to again and again :D
Great fan of the grog!

Seriously Gont has a firm favourite spot in nearly every players heart. *praise*

Your point on night only has me wondering a lot. I did a lot of the Gont quest tip on pbworks with a second and dont remember any night only element. Only thing I can think of as being a possibility is entrance to that guys hut past the trap.
I know there is a key for that tho.
Nothing mentioned about night for gont on the site.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/sear ... t+earthsea

Totally didn't notice any change in description as we spend our life running round in brief mode.
Even if the brief one changed it would need to be in flashing lights for us to notice when we already know what we want to do lol
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 May 2017 20:45

Ckrik wrote:
Drazson wrote:Oh yes I confirm about the one in Twhil, not sure if it had issues with both quests there but sure with the sheep. I removed the cloak entirely, went south and north (or something) and the boy suddenly realized I had helped him. :P
Ok, I just took a look and it seems it was done on purpose. The boy is not very bright and can't see through disguises ;) I suppose I could make him a bit more discerning :lol:
Funniest thing was the guy on pbworks who posted u could push the sheep out and in again to cheat.
Tried it with a second and it worked!
Did it with another second later and it was fixed, boooooooo.

Thwil sheep herding quest getting so much attention its funny.

Make them take their cloaks off I say

palaver
Beginner

Post by palaver » 24 May 2017 02:33

What about the Kendermore quest? I once found an item critical to that quest but didn't know what to do with it. Since then, I've figured out why it is needed, and by whom. I have checked the location where I found it, I don't know, 20-25 times, never there. Ever. Any ideas?
"When I die, throw me to the wolves. I'm used to it."
- Diogenes the Cynic (trans. Davenport)

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 24 May 2017 02:57

palaver wrote:What about the Kendermore quest? I once found an item critical to that quest but didn't know what to do with it. Since then, I've figured out why it is needed, and by whom. I have checked the location where I found it, I don't know, 20-25 times, never there. Ever. Any ideas?
I didnt notice anything wrong with that quest when I did it recently, everything was in its location except for the wandering Kender but that was made that way.

palaver
Beginner

Post by palaver » 26 May 2017 22:54

Still no luck with Kendermore - maybe just atrocious luck? I tried within 5 minutes of the most recent Arma - no dice.

Also, Tarshir's "quest" quest. He gave it to me just before Arma, I think, and I couldn't figure it out. I've tried at least 15 times since Arma, and he says he doesn't need my help right now, come back later. Is this because someone else is on the quest, and again, just terrible luck with timing, or ...?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2017 01:43

What kendermore quest is it? This one?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page ... re%20Dwarf
If so I'll try add more tips to it next.
Leave comments how ur getting stuck if u want, might help others later.

Don't know the event timing on Tarshir but messages like come back later could defo be improved to be more helpful.

palaver
Beginner

Post by palaver » 27 May 2017 16:15

Yes, that's the one, Tarax. I don't want to go into further detail because of spoilers. I'll just reiterate that I found the strip once, and never ever again. Must be at least 30 tries by now. Awareness is superior master, but I've checked at superior guru with bonus in effect, and no difference. Not to mention that when I first found it, I'm pretty sure I was nowhere near superior master ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/