Becoming "blind"

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

Re: Becoming "blind"

Post by Mim » 03 Aug 2017 14:22

mallor wrote:Didn't reproduce today.
I did read this just now.
It happened to me yesterday around 21.00-22.00 local time.

I had a light gem and a lamp and I came from the dark keep in Terel.
When I turned off the lamp and put the lamp and gem in a pack the light went out.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 03 Aug 2017 16:19

Mim wrote:

When I turned off the lamp and put the lamp and gem in a pack the light went out.
Is your local timezone the same as the game timezone? Yesterday = Aug 2? Lastly, where did you get the lamp, gem and pack (I need this to track down which domain's logs to look at)?

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 04 Aug 2017 21:40

this what everyone's talking about? happened in Solace.

Code: Select all

> appraise lamp
You study the iron oil-lamp carefully.
It is an iron oil-lamp. It is a very nice lamp with a wick behind a curved glass bulb. The oil-lamp contains some oil. At present, you do not want to sell the oil-lamp.
You consider that the weight is 540 grams and you determine its volume is about 880 milliliters. You estimate its worth to 4 silver and 11 copper coins. The iron oil-lamp seems to be able to last a while. It rejects being sold as it is keep protected.
The iron oil-lamp will burn for another 10 minutes.
You appraise that it filled with lamp-oil for about two-thirds.
> out
A dark room.
> d
A dark room.
> up
A dark room.
> light lamp
You light an iron oil-lamp.
> look
You are on a wooden platform. It is morning. The sun is shining down on you, filtering through the pale green leaves of the Vallenwood trees. This is a rather large platform. Here is a stairway winding its way around the trunk to the West road of Solace. The bridgewalk extends to the northeast and south. There is a building opened to the northwest.  Spring is in the air, awakening the land from the long winter sleep.
There are four obvious exits: northwest, northeast, south and down.
> extinguish lamp
You extinguish an iron oil-lamp.
> look
You are on a wooden platform. It is morning. The sun is shining down on you, filtering through the pale green leaves of the Vallenwood trees. This is a rather large platform. Here is a stairway winding its way around the trunk to the West road of Solace. The bridgewalk extends to the northeast and south. There is a building opened to the northwest.  Spring is in the air, awakening the land from the long winter sleep.
> date
Local time    : Fri Aug  4 21:29:15 2017
Start time    : Fri Jul 28 14:55:18 2017
Up time       : 7 days 6 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds
Regular reboot: between 6 days 12 hours and 6 days 18 hours to go.
Memory usage  : 39%
edit - trying to remember where I bought the lamp............ struggling..... I bought it yesterday or the day before..... damn

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 04 Aug 2017 23:38

Raelle wrote:this what everyone's talking about? happened in Solace.

> appraise lamp
It is an iron oil-lamp. It is a very nice lamp with a wick behind a curved glass bulb. The oil-lamp contains some oil. At present, you do not want to sell the oil-lamp.
You consider that the weight is 540 grams and you determine its volume is about 880 milliliters. You estimate its worth to 4 silver and 11 copper coins. The iron oil-lamp seems to be able to last a while. It rejects being sold as it is keep protected.
The iron oil-lamp will burn for another 10 minutes.
You appraise that it filled with lamp-oil for about two-thirds.
> out
A dark room.
> d
A dark room.
> up
A dark room.
> light lamp
You light an iron oil-lamp.
> look
> extinguish lamp
> look
> date
Local time    : Fri Aug  4 21:29:15 2017
Up time       : 7 days 6 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds
Regular reboot: between 6 days 12 hours and 6 days 18 hours to go.
Memory usage  : 39%
edit - trying to remember where I bought the lamp............ struggling..... I bought it yesterday or the day before..... damn
The lamp is from either Gondor or Earthsea. Thanks for the info!

Edit: Actually, this might not be the bug. It could be someone invisible in Solace with a darkness item. The bug is when the player becomes the source of darkness.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 06 Aug 2017 03:30

lamp was lit because I was in darkness (tent w/priestess in Calia Kretan camp), came back out into the light, and then:

> extinguish lamp
> appraise lamp
You appraise that the weight is 410 grams and you guess its volume is about 580 milliliters. You estimate its worth to 3 silver and 10 copper coins. The iron oil-lamp seems to be able to last a while. It rejects being sold as it is keep protected.
The iron oil-lamp will burn for another 9 minutes.
You appraise that it is about half-full of lamp-oil.
> inventory
It is too dark to see.
> e
A dark room.
> se
A dark room.
> se
A dark room.
> ne
There is no obvious exit northeast.
> e
A dark room.
> date
Local time    : Sun Aug  6 03:13:56 2017
Up time       : 8 days 12 hours 18 minutes 38 seconds
Regular reboot: between 5 days 6 hours and 5 days 12 hours to go.
Memory usage  : 40%
lit lamp - extinguished - back to normal

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 07 Aug 2017 11:06

Ckrik wrote:
Mim wrote:

Is your local timezone the same as the game timezone? Yesterday = Aug 2? Lastly, where did you get the lamp, gem and pack (I need this to track down which domain's logs to look at)?
Yes. Same time zone as game
The gem is from Kalad cave
Lamp was bought in shop i Calathin
The pack is from an orc in Shire orc camp

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/