Magic Map for Mudlet 3

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Findis
Greenhorne

Re: Magic Map for Mudlet 3

Post by Findis » 11 Jun 2017 07:06

Hi guys!

So I have been working on my magic map a bit ( I changed the background color to be black, and added a white border around it) as well as changes to the size and font since some maps did not fit in the MiniConsole. I was wondering though... should I do like Dahkor and release my map script to be popped out in another window?

Also, your chat looks fantastic! I have been working on a chat of own for Genesis using the Comm GMCP broadcast... But I having some issues with extra newlines (maybe due to Comm broadcasts with no message?). If you are getting your chat messages from GMCP aswell, the NPC chatter seems to occur when someone interacts with the NPC and it responds. according to the command "help gmcp_tech" you can tell the server to stop broadcasting NPC communication...

Code: Select all

Core.Options

Sets or unsets an option related to the gmcp protocol. The key is the
    option name. For binary options, the values are "on" and "off".

npc_comms - send communication (speech) by NPC's in Comm.Channel

Example: { "npc_comms" : "off" }
Hope that helps :)

Findis
Greenhorne

Post by Findis » 12 Jun 2017 02:44

I seem to be unable to edit the original post (I guess after a certain amount of time it gets locked?)... But here is an updated map (now has a border, bigger, and has a black background rather than a grey background). I have also attached an additional file that includes a chatbox in the same fashion as the map. Additionally, there is another script package that will highlight the exits in a cyan background (shout out to Milaa and her friend for the base of this script). If you are using the old version of the map, you will need to uninstall the old package before installing this one.

Enjoy,
Findis
Attachments
Exits20170610.zip
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 1419 times
Chat20170610.zip
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 1449 times
Map20170610.zip
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 1416 times

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Jun 2017 10:55

Excellent stuff ty
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 12 Jun 2017 16:46

Hi

I dont use GMCP at all for the chat window... I simply catch all but those excluded by words by the below regex. (not the best solution I agree as I need one for each say,chirp,shout etc).
It would be of more use if this search for exclusions was done through a database or a table search.

^(.*(?<!\.dummy|knight|guard|smiling|hardened|giant) says: .*)$

Cheers

DaC

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 19 Nov 2017 00:13

I'm really liking Mudlet, and the scripts that people have shared - Findis's here, and some on the PBworks page.
Question: I'm using a vitals script posted by Tarax. It's here: http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/file ... 160213.zip.
I'd like to keep the x alignment the same but move it near the top of the screen. But I don't want to screw it up. How would I do that? Thanks.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 19 Nov 2017 09:18

sylphan wrote:I'm really liking Mudlet, and the scripts that people have shared - Findis's here, and some on the PBworks page.
Question: I'm using a vitals script posted by Tarax. It's here: http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/file ... 160213.zip.
I'd like to keep the x alignment the same but move it near the top of the screen. But I don't want to screw it up. How would I do that? Thanks.
It all depends how much you would like to move it up. The key is in the first few pieces of code. I'll try and paste here.

First of all, here is the code from the file.

--Right Top Cointainer -- This container is empty for now
right_top_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "right_top_container ",
  x=0, y=0,                     -- this container occupies the top, so it starts top-left as well
  width = "100%", height="35%", -- but only uses 35% of the height
}, right_container)              -- this is the important bit - it says that right_top_container should be inside right_container

--Right Middle Container -- This container is empty for now
right_middle_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "right_middle_container",
  x=0, y="35%",                
  width = "100%", height="35%", 
}, right_container)

--Right Bottom Container -- This container cotains vital and status containers
right_bottom_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "right_bottom_container",
  x=0, y="70%",                 
  width = "100%", height="40%", 
}, right_container)
As it is set up, the window is essentially split into thirds and the bars are placed into the bottom third. You can keep everything in thirds and move it to the middle or top third, or you can re-define the location to fit exactly where you would like. If you would like to move everything to the middle third, you just need to change the items from being in right_bottom_container to being in right_middle_container. Please see the example below.

First we have the code as written, putting the bar into the lower container:

-- Vitals containers
--lua health_container:flash()

--Health Container
health_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "health_container",
  x=0, y=0,
  width = "100%", height=20,
}, right_bottom_container)
The following code changes just the very last line to put it in the middle container:

-- Vitals containers
--lua health_container:flash()

--Health Container
health_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "health_container",
  x=0, y=0,
  width = "100%", height=20,
}, right_middle_container)
If you like the location of the middle container, you can select the text from "-- Vitals containers" and below that, then do a Find and Replace of "right_bottom_container" to "right_middle_container" in that selected area.

Alternatively, if you do not like the location of the middle third, you can adjust the bottom box location to start a bit higher on the screen. The code as written is already above, but let's say we wanted the top of your vitals bar to be halfway down the screen. You could do the following:

--Right Bottom Container -- This container cotains vital and status containers
right_bottom_container = Geyser.Container:new({
  name = "right_bottom_container",
  x=0, y="50%",                 
  width = "100%", height="40%", 
}, right_container)
Note that the "y=" changed from 70% (from the top) to 50% (from the top). You can mess around with this number to get it exactly where you would like it.

Hope this helps!

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 21 Nov 2017 05:37

That worked very well, Shanoga. Thank you!

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 23 Nov 2017 17:27

I have another question, more substantial and less cosmetic than my last. I'm using the map script that Findis posted on 11 June 2017. It's really small though. I'd like to make both the text of the map itself and the container larger - but again, I'm not very confident in tinkering with these things, and I don't want to end up with zero map.

The issue, apart from the eye strain, is that the map doesn't "fit" in the container, so sometimes I have to scroll in the map to find the red "you are here" marker - which also disappears sometimes (always when the current area doesn't fit in the container). Scrolling makes it reappear, but this is obviously not ideal.

I'd also like to make the text of the chat box (the script from Findis's same post, from 11 June) larger. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 23 Nov 2017 22:16

Ugh.... I'm on my phone instead of my computer right now. I adjusted the map in a few ways. I actually made the map itself smaller font but still increased the container size. I added a border around it to match the rest of my re-skin of Mudlet (I use dark green/brown). I also added the ability to click on the map for the <zoom> version of the map if there is one available.

All of that is to say I can definitely help you put in the changes you would like, but I'll have to hop on my computer to see what I did for changes. I'll have some time tomorrow if not later today.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 24 Nov 2017 00:15

sylphan wrote:I'd also like to make the text of the chat box (the script from Findis's same post, from 11 June) larger. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!
I suggest to use YATCO for chat box.
To configure font size in YATCO:
Scripts->YATCO-23->Demonnic->Tabbed Chat->Configuration Options
Here look for option:
demonnic.chat.config.fontSize = 11
and set it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/