View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 14 Nov 2018 05:43

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Newbie with a question 
Beginner

Hello,

Brand new player to Genesis and MUD's in general here.

Just found this game yesterday and have been really enjoying it so far, I just have a quick question regarding playing on a tablet (I have a Kindle Fire). I just experimented with it last night and it worked great, typing and entering commands worked just fine. My only issue is I couldn't figure out how to view the map. I understand due to screen sizes the Magic Map window may not be possible on a tablet, but is there a command to bring up a snapshot of the map in the main play screen that one cold use for a quick reference?

Thanks a lot!

23 Oct 2018 18:15
Titan

Wurtan wrote:
Hello,

Brand new player to Genesis and MUD's in general here.

Just found this game yesterday and have been really enjoying it so far, I just have a quick question regarding playing on a tablet (I have a Kindle Fire). I just experimented with it last night and it worked great, typing and entering commands worked just fine. My only issue is I couldn't figure out how to view the map. I understand due to screen sizes the Magic Map window may not be possible on a tablet, but is there a command to bring up a snapshot of the map in the main play screen that one cold use for a quick reference?

Thanks a lot!

examine (exa) map

23 Oct 2018 18:20
Beginner

Awesome, I knew it had to be something simple. I wasn't thinking of the map as an item, but rather just part of the interface.

Thanks a lot!

23 Oct 2018 18:23
Beginner

In most areas where map is available you can also <zoom> to see the general area.

24 Oct 2018 09:43
Site Admin

And, for travel, enjoy your Kindle Fire. I will say that if you have access to a PC, I would advise using it for play if you want the premium experience. Welcome!

G.

24 Oct 2018 22:12
Beginner

Absolutely, PC is definitely my preferred route, but sometimes it's to difficult to escape down to the basement for dedicated play time, so I'll often just pull out the tablet, or even phone, if I have a little downtime to get on and kill some bunnies.

24 Oct 2018 22:23
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]