New Armagedon time and Chef's quest

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

New Armagedon time and Chef's quest

Post by Syrk » 27 Jan 2018 13:05

i am wondering if no wizard responsible noticed that new Armageddon time conflicts with Chef's quest reward?

Alteor
Adept

Re: New Armagedon time and Chef's quest

Post by Alteor » 27 Jan 2018 16:32

That is a good question.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 Jan 2018 18:57

I have a feeling this is something that players notice much quicker than wizards. Nobody is directly responsible for Armageddon, but when you have issues with something, or an idea on how something could become better, the best way to let us know is always to mail aop. In this case, perhaps it's also something for Lucius (the AoD and therefore liege of Sparkle), and Gorboth (who coded the chef's quest). It seems like this is an unfortunate coincidence that is bound to happen now and then, and probably have happened before too, but one that likely will fix itself over time as well, and then reappear again after a bunch of cycles, and so on.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 28 Jan 2018 22:34

Cherek wrote:probably have happened before too, but one that likely will fix itself over time as well
It happened the last time, this time, and will happen next.
Given new length of cycle (14 days = 2 weeks), time of Armageddon (saturday/sunday), duration of chef's reward (24 hours) - we are bound to have quite long time of possible diminished reward time.
It is not something that will fix itself anytime soon because of some randomness in Armageddon time.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Jan 2018 01:54

Syrk wrote:
Cherek wrote:probably have happened before too, but one that likely will fix itself over time as well
It happened the last time, this time, and will happen next.
Given new length of cycle (14 days = 2 weeks), time of Armageddon (saturday/sunday), duration of chef's reward (24 hours) - we are bound to have quite long time of possible diminished reward time.
It is not something that will fix itself anytime soon because of some randomness in Armageddon time.
lt will eventually fix itself due to the randomness, but I agree, right now it's a "sweetspot" for bad timing when it comes to that quest and it will take several cycles to correct itself. It'c clearly a problem that messes up the idea with the quest, and makes players, sad. Mail the wizards I listed in my previous post if you haven't already and explain the situation. I think it's always better when things come directly from the affected players, who usually knows most about the problem, and perhaps also have an idea for a solution.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/