Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Post Reply
User avatar
Okotok
Wanderer
Posts: 60
Joined: 12 Apr 2018 04:27

Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Okotok » 26 Aug 2018 01:13

How do we do that?

I created some alternate characters, but haven't touched them. I'd like to get rid of them.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2907
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Cherek » 26 Aug 2018 01:56

You 'mail aop' from any post office and kindly ask to have them deleted. You can't remove them yourself, must be a wizard with access to delete players.

Drazson
Expert
Posts: 290
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Drazson » 10 Jan 2020 12:24

I have tried this and never got an answer or a deletion. Should I try again or just wait? (It has probably been a year or 2 :P )

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2907
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Cherek » 10 Jan 2020 12:40

Drazson wrote:
10 Jan 2020 12:24
I have tried this and never got an answer or a deletion. Should I try again or just wait? (It has probably been a year or 2 :P )
Uhm, try again.

Drazson
Expert
Posts: 290
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Drazson » 13 Jan 2020 20:08

I did a couple of days ago (or more? Can't tell now, it's been hectic). You weren't in the recipients by the way, Cherek.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2907
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Cherek » 13 Jan 2020 22:09

Drazson wrote:
13 Jan 2020 20:08
I did a couple of days ago (or more? Can't tell now, it's been hectic). You weren't in the recipients by the way, Cherek.
I am not part of the AoP team so I shouldn't be a recipient. It's Mirandus who can help you and he gets a lot of mails, but hopefully he'll get to yours soon.

Drazson
Expert
Posts: 290
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Drazson » 13 Jan 2020 23:36

Cherek wrote:
13 Jan 2020 22:09
I am not part of the AoP team so I shouldn't be a recipient. It's Mirandus who can help you and he gets a lot of mails, but hopefully he'll get to yours soon.
I imagined you were aware, I just thought I'd say just in case. Thanks for being here :)

Mirandus
Site Admin
Posts: 101
Joined: 17 Feb 2015 22:43

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Mirandus » 22 Jan 2020 19:31

Good Day Folks,

I suppose I'll need to pay more attention on the forms for questions like these. Typically we do not just delete characters. If you are done playing them, just leave them. Deleting characters of a certain age requires banishing their name, so it's not like the name is opened for use. As well, far too often have I deleted characters someone "never wants to ever play again for serious" only to have them return and ask for it to be restored.

My suggestion is either stop playing them, or if you need them inaccessible for whatever reason, either restrict them yourself or ask AoP to do it for you.

Drazson
Expert
Posts: 290
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27

Re: Deleting Personal Obselete Characters

Post by Drazson » 22 Jan 2020 21:41

Mirandus wrote:
22 Jan 2020 19:31
Good Day Folks,

I suppose I'll need to pay more attention on the forms for questions like these. Typically we do not just delete characters. If you are done playing them, just leave them. Deleting characters of a certain age requires banishing their name, so it's not like the name is opened for use. As well, far too often have I deleted characters someone "never wants to ever play again for serious" only to have them return and ask for it to be restored.

My suggestion is either stop playing them, or if you need them inaccessible for whatever reason, either restrict them yourself or ask AoP to do it for you.
Okay, ty :)

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/