Newbie with a question

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Wurtan
Beginner

Newbie with a question

Post by Wurtan » 23 Oct 2018 18:15

Hello,

Brand new player to Genesis and MUD's in general here.

Just found this game yesterday and have been really enjoying it so far, I just have a quick question regarding playing on a tablet (I have a Kindle Fire). I just experimented with it last night and it worked great, typing and entering commands worked just fine. My only issue is I couldn't figure out how to view the map. I understand due to screen sizes the Magic Map window may not be possible on a tablet, but is there a command to bring up a snapshot of the map in the main play screen that one cold use for a quick reference?

Thanks a lot!
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

Kvator
Champion

Re: Newbie with a question

Post by Kvator » 23 Oct 2018 18:20

Wurtan wrote:Hello,

Brand new player to Genesis and MUD's in general here.

Just found this game yesterday and have been really enjoying it so far, I just have a quick question regarding playing on a tablet (I have a Kindle Fire). I just experimented with it last night and it worked great, typing and entering commands worked just fine. My only issue is I couldn't figure out how to view the map. I understand due to screen sizes the Magic Map window may not be possible on a tablet, but is there a command to bring up a snapshot of the map in the main play screen that one cold use for a quick reference?

Thanks a lot!
examine (exa) map

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 23 Oct 2018 18:23

Awesome, I knew it had to be something simple. I wasn't thinking of the map as an item, but rather just part of the interface.

Thanks a lot!
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

Rangar
Beginner

Post by Rangar » 24 Oct 2018 09:43

In most areas where map is available you can also <zoom> to see the general area.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Oct 2018 22:12

And, for travel, enjoy your Kindle Fire. I will say that if you have access to a PC, I would advise using it for play if you want the premium experience. Welcome!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 24 Oct 2018 22:23

Absolutely, PC is definitely my preferred route, but sometimes it's to difficult to escape down to the basement for dedicated play time, so I'll often just pull out the tablet, or even phone, if I have a little downtime to get on and kill some bunnies.
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/