Krynn war areas

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lionel
Beginner

Re: Krynn war areas

Post by Lionel » 20 Feb 2019 17:54

teardrop-shaped colourless beryl (inserted in worn piece of armour), despite its identification description, does not prevent melting of ice weapons

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Feb 2019 07:07

Lionel wrote:teardrop-shaped colourless beryl (inserted in worn piece of armour), despite its identification description, does not prevent melting of ice weapons
Oops! One of the things I was meant to implement but didn't. Thanks for reporting, it has been fixed... although note it only works when the weapon is in REALLY close proximity to the gem (i.e. when inserted in your gauntlet armour option).

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 09 Mar 2019 21:27

There seems to be a problem with armours that have two shapes of slots for augmentations.

> exa hood
This is a chainmail hood of small steel rings, designed in solamnic fashion. Upon the shoulders of the mantle, linked by chain runes inlayed with silver, you notice two empty clasps - one shaped to hold something teardrop-shaped and one shaped to hold something triangular-shaped.
It looks like it is in prime condition.
> insert amber into hood
The triangular-shaped yellow amber is the wrong shape to insert into your solamnic chain hood. You need a tear shaped crystal to insert in to your armour.
> insert carnelian into hood
You insert a teardrop-shaped carnelian into the tear-shaped clasp embroidered into your solamnic chain hood. The silvery runes around the teardrop-shaped carnelian glow as it locks in to place and wards of protection are activated.
> insert amber into hood
The triangular-shaped yellow amber is the wrong shape to insert into your solamnic chain hood. You need 0 shaped crystal to insert in to your armour.

Zhabou
Greenhorne

Post by Zhabou » 19 Mar 2019 01:35

Loving the war areas. I have questions:

1) How come I rarely see any goons in the Icewall war area?

2) Is there a codex to figure out what the augmentation crystals do? Their descriptions look like hints (which I mostly can't decipher), but I'm curious - does putting 3 of the same kind in help or is that a waste?

Gripes:

3) How would you recommend that a Monk (who can't even be on the team of somebody who kills a dragon) participate in the Legend+ areas? Should I mail as many people on my side as I can to see if they'll ethically and humanely convince the dragons that they're fighting for a lost cause?

4) Why do I spend 30 to 60 minutes after my first loop through Guardlund, Throtyl Pass and Central looking for re-spawned goons while fighting my exhaustion? (Champion Dwarf burdened)?

5) Why do the Neidar goons get darkvision and I, as a dwarf, have to find an item to help with that?

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 19 Mar 2019 10:24

Without spoiling too much, some answers from Krynn warfare afficionado:

1) Currently Icewall respawn is broken, npcs hardly respawn at all, or at rate too low to make it conquerable. Same way you can't flip newly conquered area, because it shows there's stily tiny force present, even if it's completely cleared - only that state lasts forever in Icewall.
2) They're identify'able so you can find someone to help you with that. In general - ellipses are for weapons, teardrops and ovals for armours and triangles for helms. Plate armours only have teardrop slots, lighter have mix of teardrops and ovals. Multiples seem to stack normally for skill increase gems, as for others, no precise way to test it. So I guess - probably not a waste.
4) Especially if your clearing speed is not fast, conquering 'strong force' areas can be rough. You're basically playing whack-a-mole with respawns after the initial clear. Use a horse/pony :)

Zhabou
Greenhorne

Post by Zhabou » 19 Mar 2019 19:16

Thanks Lionel, for letting me know about the Icewall spawn rate. Is that the confirmed reason? I've also been told that there are hidden rooms there.

I'll bring a horse next I go to conquer.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 24 Mar 2019 16:03

Why is this topic in the genesis web client section?

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 26 Mar 2019 18:40

A more constructive question would be why is Bugs and Feature Requests subforum in web client section when 95% of issues people want to report/discuss relate to the game, not its web client.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 27 Mar 2019 00:41

Lionel wrote:A more constructive question would be why is Bugs and Feature Requests subforum in web client section when 95% of issues people want to report/discuss relate to the game, not its web client.
Because it was meant as bugs and feature request for web client only :-)

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 31 Mar 2019 14:07

btw, does anyone have a link to the old post by Arman, when he said that he would decrease the fatigue from running warplains (since atm only knights of solamnia and red fangs - a kaladian racial guild!) can run and hunt the random reserve respawns forever?

I understand that chasing the phantom pop-up of a reserve unit is a lot of fun for most of people, but it becomes a problem when non-knight humans are involved, for example - and especially in teams.

I can't seem to find it (deleted?)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/