Krynn war areas

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lionel
Beginner

Krynn war areas

Post by Lionel » 20 Dec 2018 00:58

1. Some npcs spawn outside their area, in rooms where 'exa area' doesn't detect it as war area (north of Solace, 'npc camp' in central abanasinia, newports)

2. Triangular-shaped and ellipse-shaped augmentation crystals don't respond to exa/get/etc triangular-shaped/ellipse-shaped gem respectively

3. Items on the ground don't disappear/decay on respawn in some/all? 'npc camp' rooms. It gets kinda ridiculous when kapak acid pool starts chewing through 10 pages worth of garbage.

Arman
Wizard

Re: Krynn war areas

Post by Arman » 20 Dec 2018 04:08

Lionel wrote:1. Some npcs spawn outside their area, in rooms where 'exa area' doesn't detect it as war area (north of Solace, 'npc camp' in central abanasinia, newports)

2. Triangular-shaped and ellipse-shaped augmentation crystals don't respond to exa/get/etc triangular-shaped/ellipse-shaped gem respectively

3. Items on the ground don't disappear/decay on respawn in some/all? 'npc camp' rooms. It gets kinda ridiculous when kapak acid pool starts chewing through 10 pages worth of garbage.
Thanks Lionel,

Spawn mechanics for the warfare areas are a bit archaic, and in some places like the Abanasinian Plains complicated by mapping room generation (rather than individually coded rooms). We've been cleaning this up where the issues are obvious, but if you find rooms where npcs are spawning where they shouldn't, please 'bug' report the room.

Regarding items on the ground, which battlefields in particular is this a problem? My preference is to provide easy access to a merchant, and have the problem resolved through industrious player action.

A.K

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 20 Dec 2018 08:53

Shops are pretty close by in both cases so that's not a problem. Also, some areas seem pretty scattered for no apparent reason. Here's an example with map colored by war area:

https://imgur.com/a/mLZUBKo

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 20 Dec 2018 10:58

Hey.

If you want, i can make a script to record

-gmcp.room.id
-room affiliation in "exa area" cmd.

and link them to a map visual like the ones Lionel posted.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 20 Dec 2018 11:31

Alisa wrote:Hey.

If you want, i can make a script to record

-gmcp.room.id
-room affiliation in "exa area" cmd.

and link them to a map visual like the ones Lionel posted.
That would be good!

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 20 Dec 2018 21:19

I try to make my bug reports in-game but since we're here (and I keep forgetting) ...

<achievements> doesn't list Solace Area:

Code: Select all

You have conquered Newports Area x times.
You have conquered Estwilde Plains x times.
You have conquered Central Abanasinian Plains x times.
You have conquered North Abanasinian Plains x times.
You have conquered Nightlund Plains x times.
You have conquered Guardlund Plains x times.
You have conquered Throtyl Pass x times.
You have conquered Icewall Plains x times.
also - I still can't get the new gems out of the bank without retrieving all gems. (I keep everything in Sparkle bank btw, not sure if that matters.)

regarding the stuff on the ground -- 20 lines of "the xx is badly damaged by the acid pool" is mildly irritating, but gags exist, and Raelle is always happy to clean up and make some extra cash ;) Plus, sometimes, interesting things are left behind by less-attentive players.

The spotty cover of the war plains (as mapped by Lionel) is strange; I don't think it happened with the old war system. NPC's still spawn in these "dead" rooms, and they still count as active forces on the plains -- but in order to conquer, you need to move to a room where you can <exa area>

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 20 Dec 2018 21:54

I discovered, with the gems, that you need to write the whole name when retreiving them.

retrieve oval-shaped violet sapphire - or whatever

But it would be real nice if they could get their own tag, so we could "retrieve enchanted gems" or whatever. To get all of them out, like we can with all the gems.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 20 Dec 2018 21:56

ooh thanks Thalric!
Genesis trained me to leave out most words, so I never even thought to type in the entire description.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 21 Dec 2018 09:35

It is annoying to try and conquer an area and the only room you can't find with npc's is a boat ride away. The Guardlund Plains come to mind.

-B

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 17 Feb 2019 16:08

Npc respawn rate seems to be tied to area's max population. It's annoying two extreme cases - areas with 'strong force' as default where you're playing whack-a-mole with respawning npcs while sweeping huge area with obnoxious fatigue rate or, especially with Icewall area, it takes literally days for enough npcs to respawn so that clearing the area actually lets you conquer it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/