Ever Changing Item

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Ever Changing Item

Post by Bromen » 28 Dec 2018 09:34

I have this item that started out as a brooch, then it has morphed upon logout and login into other variations that aren't a brooch, but a breastpin, but then sometimes it turns back into a brooch. Since I have access to other items that wouldn't fill the same equipment slot, I'd like to know if this bug can be fixed or if the item in question can be reissued. The bug can be replicated.

-Bromen

You are carrying an unusual ensorcelled black amulet, an unusual ornate
ornate breastpin

Saving Bromen.
an unusual ornate ornate breastpin, an

Goodbye. Until next time.

Hail Red Fang Warrior! Power to the Goblin Race!

You recover your unusual priceless jeweled breastpin.

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Ever Changing Item

Post by Johnny » 28 Dec 2018 18:34

I've noticed that too with some Cairn Andros items. Those mauls that are the club versions of haradrim poleaxes do the same and I wouldn't be surprised if more of their equipment does the same.

cetsuo
Greenhorne

Post by cetsuo » 28 Dec 2018 23:07

I had an unusual that fit this description. It was a dagger. one log in later it was a longsword. one login even later was an axe. I've submitted a bug report in game too.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 Dec 2018 08:25

I am also noticing the darkness on the imbued item (and another I wear) do not work consistently.

At Karkadelt, I held a darkness item that has been around for a long time. He wouldn't sell me the nullstone.

I removed the item, leaving only my darkness imbues on and he was able to see me just fine. I experience the same
with non-elite npc's on the war plains as well.

Needs to be looked at for sure else what's the point of imbuing an item that won't work?

-B

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 29 Dec 2018 12:06

Some rooms have natural lighting that counteract low levels of darkness. You can 'appraise light' to check whether your item actually provides enough darkness to darknen the room. If it does, you should see - 'Your environment is cloaked in darkness, yet you manage to see your surroundings clearly.'

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 29 Dec 2018 16:28

Lionel wrote:Some rooms have natural lighting that counteract low levels of darkness. You can 'appraise light' to check whether your item actually provides enough darkness to darknen the room. If it does, you should see - 'Your environment is cloaked in darkness, yet you manage to see your surroundings clearly.'
This seems not to be the issue, though. If Karkadelt will deal with Bromen while he's wearing a darkness-imbued item, the imbuement is not working properly.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 29 Dec 2018 18:28

@Bromen many NPCs have darkvision. I don't even bother with darkness bc most things I kill (evil-aligned monsters and myth-y grind mobs) can see through it.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 Dec 2018 19:43

I didn't know about the appraise light option.

> exa brooch
This is a priceless golden brooch, and the craftsmanship is quite impressive. A
brooch of this quality would certainly be an heirloom in any family.
It looks like it is in prime condition.
A faint aura of darkness surrounds this object.
> exa earring
This item consists of a crescent moon shaped piece of bronze, its horns
tapering together, forming a circle with a small space between them, which
allows the earring to be attached to an ear. The bronze is polished to rich
lustrous sheen, and the broadest part is engraved with some pattern.
It looks like it is in prime condition.
A faint aura of darkness surrounds this object.
> appraise light
On a road passing through an encampment of the Blue Dragonarmy is in the open
air and naturally light.
>

Should be a dark room.

-B

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 29 Dec 2018 19:53

This room just has more light naturally . Think of it as room having +2 (or more) light and faint darkness being -1 light. It's still light. Yes, it's not always intuitive. Yes, it's inconsistent (day/night cycle not impacting levels of light in outdoor rooms). But that's how it works. Get a stronger source of darkness or grind in areas that don't have extra light and actually get dark with faint darkness imbuement.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/