The slaying of Cherek

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tive
Rising Hero

The slaying of Cherek

Post by Tive » 13 Mar 2011 00:45

I got this one from a website years ago. Hopefully it's ok to post it here as it shows how fun Genesis used to be ;)

Code: Select all

The slaying of Cherek 

Written by Deproelius 

"Tell us again, Monika!" I cried, banging my tankard on the grimy bar top 
            for emphasis. The rest of the soldiers in the bar cheered their encouragement, 
            urging Monika to recite her tale once more. 

Monika grinned evilly, and jumped up onto the top of the bar. She had 
            already told this tale three times since her feat, but the other soldiers 
            and I still hadn't grown bored of hearing the tale, which grew more 
            outlandish with each telling. In these times of war, with the might of all 
            of the forces of good arrayed against us, it was a great boost to our morale 
            to hear of the death of one of our enemies. 

Monika struck a heroic pose, her evil glinting eyes focused on the distance. 
            With a melodramatic flourish learnt, no doubt, from her study as a dark 
            disciple, she began to recite her tale. 

"We had been fighting for what seemed like an eternity, trading fierce blow 
            with blow. The sun had long since sunk from sight, and the streets of 
            Flotsam were only just illuminated by the pale glow of street lanterns 
            smoldering in the evening mist. Blood was oozing from cuts and scrapes on 
            both of us, but Cherek was tiring faster than I was, and I had managed to 
            keep my magic in reserve. 

"Momentarily managing to stun Cherek with a well-placed blow to the head 
            from my trusty runed mithril warhammer, I sang a special hymn of praise to 
            the dark gods. Summoned by the dark music, a horde of grubs, insects and 
            worms rose out of the very dirt of the street and knit themselves over my 
            wounds, transforming themselves into bits and pieces of flesh and bone. My 
            wounds healed before Cherek's very eyes, and the dark ecstasy I felt from 
            the malignant power of the evil spell was enhanced by the look of horror on 
            my foolish opponent's face. 

"It was as if Cherek had never been exposed to the dark powers of the 
            disciples before. His attacks faltered, and he panicked. Pressing home the 
            advantage, I landed another heavy hit on his head, and followed up with a 
            crushing blow to his leg. Cherek feebly tried to respond, and managed to 
            graze my side with the sword Wyrmslayer, but even with that mighty weapon, 
            his doom was clear to see. 

"After one last crushing blow to Cherek's thigh, his morale completely 
            dissolved, and he panicked and fled, trying to make it to the docks of 
            Flotsam and the supposed safety of a ship out of town. Hampered by the 
            crippling blows to his legs however, he was unable to outdistance me, and I 
            casually followed, twirling my warhammer in circles. 

"I caught up with Cherek where he had collapsed, on a street in the upper 
            parts of Flotsam. Raising my warhammer high above my head, I brought it 
            down, smashing Cherek to a pulp killing him instantly. A sudden chill 
            permeated the air, and a dark shadow seemed to sweep over the gruesome wreck 
            of a man. I blinked, and the shadow was gone. 

"Screaming out my warcry - 'Long live the Goblins!', I picked up Cherek's 
            pulp and the equipment he had been carrying, and returned home. If you look 
            in the armoury, you will see the red dragonscale armour that he was wearing, 
            and also the mighty Wyrmslayer, which we now possess. 

"And of course, we all know what happened to Cherek's pulp!" 

With one last evil grin, Monika jumped down off the bar top, and picked up 
            her wooden bowl. We all laughed, as she took another mouthful of the stew 
            that our chef had made from Cherek's well and truly pulped remains. 

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: The slaying of Cherek

Post by Cherek » 13 Mar 2011 00:57

Hah, yeah thats a fun story.

Thats what I miss about PVP. Well... not being pulped and eaten... but the whole thing around it. The joy of killing someone and the lust for revenge when being killed. And then the sharing of all the stories, and all the talk and rumours about who killed who etc. And the logs. The AA and Alliance webpages were really fun during that war. I wish we could get back to atleast something like it some day.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/