Death of myth Morg (botting)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Death of myth Morg (botting)

Post by Laurel » 05 Apr 2011 20:09

Ilrahil wrote:You know what cracks me up. Is that Irk is threatening pretty much a war for the death of a Gladiator. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
... and not for an attack on Irk performed by 2 BDAs (happen to be leaders of that guild)?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 05 Apr 2011 20:13

btw, did they call for dragons and I missed it? Or did they forget that?

Another thing, did Ilrahil or Chanele bother to contact the Thane to explain the kill? I mean if they don't why should the Thane even for a moment doubt that this was not a declaration of war? The General and the second in command killed a Neidar, that is all he will know. I mean, NOTHING that is written here should ever matter in game, please remember that.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 05 Apr 2011 20:19

No, really, I'm smallfriest member of all DAs, and i gonna killed first, in case of war. But let war begin! That, atleast, will bring more action. And, hopefully, atract oldies back. From both sides.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Apr 2011 20:27

No we didn't call dragons until after morg was dead.

Since we figured our best chance was to come in incognito. Same reason we assisted troll, to draw less attention to an attack alert.

Even if your opponent is not scripting its sometimes a great way to get a few extra seconds before they notice the initial attack.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 05 Apr 2011 20:43

arcon wrote:The General and the second in command killed a Neidar, that is all he will know.
Not Neidar. Gladiator. Neidar just was attacked

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 05 Apr 2011 20:45

Davvol wrote:
arcon wrote:The General and the second in command killed a Neidar, that is all he will know.
Not Neidar. Gladiator. Neidar just was attacked

Sorry, my mistake. But it is still an act of agression. Assisting the troll against Irk that is, I mean, why would he even care about a human gladiator? Gladiators die all the time in the arena, that's what they are there for. :)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 05 Apr 2011 20:53

Cherek wrote:I think Neidar leaders have a good chance here to make a stand against botting. Lets see what they do.
I think it's safe to say, that given some of the comments on this forum, Genesis as a whole is a very long way from taking an active zero-tolerance stance on botting.

The issue of botting seems like the "Poet issue" all over again - Most everyone in-game knows who's botting and where, but no player has any hard-proof*, and nothing is even being done about it...And sometimes it does seem, judging from the wizard comments here, that the wizards doesn't have a very good grasps on what's going on amongst the players.

*what would be hard-proof in such case, though? A time-stamped photo of the culprits computer with Genesis clearly running on it, but with nobody sitting at the desk? How can you ever prove someone is botting?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Apr 2011 21:35

Even I have a dinger anytime a wiz tells me something or shows up in a room. I never use scripts and its typically not something to miss.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 05 Apr 2011 22:07

Laurel wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:You know what cracks me up. Is that Irk is threatening pretty much a war for the death of a Gladiator. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
... and not for an attack on Irk performed by 2 BDAs (happen to be leaders of that guild)?

In all fairness Irk attacked first a few days ago, sooooo!
Besides, if he gets killed he will jsut bot it up in a day or three :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Apr 2011 22:14

Draugor wrote:In all fairness Irk attacked first a few days ago, sooooo!
Besides, if he gets killed he will jsut bot it up in a day or three :P
he attacked a monk - wouldn't that be issue for the monks' council and the Neidar thane?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/