spellcasting while being stunned

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

spellcasting while being stunned

Post by Laurel » 14 Apr 2011 11:17

Code: Select all

With a roar, you charge into the black-robed hooded male human, slamming him
with your ***.
The black-robed hooded male human retreats backwards fearfully after such a
mighty hit!
You jab the black-robed hooded male human's body with your ***.
The black-robed hooded male human makes an aggressive move towards you, but
still seems out of breath from being slammed.
Employing Dark Sorcery, the black-robed hooded male human calls the Wind of
Doom.
A few inches in front of him, a dark dense cloud appears.
The cloud forms an almost perfect sphere and grows quickly.
When the cloud is threatening to envelope him, the black-robed hooded male
human makes a quick gesture with both arms.
Quickly the cloud turns into a pale yellow colour and spreads into the
surrounding areas.
When you take a breath, the stinking cloud makes you feel dizzy.
The black-robed hooded male human seems to have recovered from the slam attack.
aggressive movements are nono, but making quick gestures with both arms ... yeye! :lol:

Alexi
Veteran

Re: spellcasting while being stunned

Post by Alexi » 14 Apr 2011 15:27

He wasn't making an aggressive move, he was "flailing" with both arms. Just happened to accidently cast...

See no problem with this. :P

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 14 Apr 2011 22:59

Perhaps he already began to cast the spell but either way I find myself seeing the same thing and if stunned I do not believe a person should be able to do anything.

stun |stən|
verb ( stunned , stunning ) [ trans. ]
knock unconscious or into a dazed or semiconscious state : the man was strangled after being stunned by a blow to the head.
• (usu. be stunned) astonish or shock (someone) so that they are temporarily unable to react : the community was stunned by the tragedy.
• (of a sound) deafen temporarily : a blast like that could stun anybody.

I do not believe someone would be able to cast a spell in a semiconscious state.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 15 Apr 2011 05:32

The whole concept of stunning in genesis needs to be revamped tbh.

-Some guild specials (even recoded guilds) you can execute already started specials after being stunned.

-No one should be able to keep something permastunned -NOT EVEN CASTERS- It is to powerful to be able to do. Every guild that has a stun other than KoT can keep something permastunned for the most part even shieldbearers (If I can dredge up the log I'll show you how it happens.)

-Stunning someone for extended periods of time if permastun stays should have major drawbacks of some kind, so that it is only used in certain circumstances.

At the same rate, stunning is the only way to kill certain NPC's swiftly. When AC was changed... has to be at least 4-5 years ago now as I was Union at the time, healing NPC's were not changed. Ashburz with his unlimited mana pool (unless you drain him of it) is a pain in the ass. Qualthas heals every 10-20 seconds for four levels of health as does Fael-thas. Tom Bombadil (Most retarded heal in the game.) With the AC overhaul things became harder to do damage (though now we've all accustomed) but the majority if not all of the healing NPC's were left unchanged and never tweaked to accomadate for the change.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Apr 2011 08:48

Ugh.. Ashie yea...
Me and Nirnaeth fought him for like 50 minutes straight.
Then he instantly respawned and fought him for no more then 5 minutes..

His healing thing is VERY random but INSANELY powerful at times.
Fael-thas isnt even close when it comes to crazy healing.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Apr 2011 09:13

Fael is a way tougher bugger due to the speed of the fight. Either it's him to go down quick or you will go down after a while (unlimited healing+spellcasting+block+blind ... and everything overlaps!). With Ash the fight is either a - he breaks half your armours and sends you running, or b - the fight is loooooooong anyway.

Btw. I think Alexi got the best RP excuse for the one in the log. :lol:

Ilrahil - I might be mistaken, but stun (SB as well) was brought onto same level as plex recently = no perma-stuns anymore? You're quite right on the feel&touch of the enemies around there tho.
I'd bring one more auto-healing bastard into the company of Ash, Fael and Qual - Vermi! I know he doesn't use spells but honestly ... he doesn't have to ...
Btw. any idea how to stop dragon turtles from healing too? At least s-elves autohealing ain't that blown out of proportion as Fael's, Qual's or Ash's. Dunno about Tom - for some reason he's not within Laurel's target zone :twisted:

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Apr 2011 16:08

Fael does more damage yes.
But he cant take a beating at all.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 15 Apr 2011 17:46

I've seen an SB keep someone perpetually stunned. Hell I've even experimented with it.

Tom Bombadil.... heals fully with unlimited mana every time he gets to like somewhat hurt. If he's unstunned for even half a second he goes again.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Apr 2011 00:00

that'd be news to me - I never seem able to be even remotely close to keep anything/one stunned with slam for longer than a few seconds ... was that before stun recode, maybe?

Tom seems a pain in the butt - good! 8-) :twisted:

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 16 Apr 2011 00:55

Laurel wrote:that'd be news to me - I never seem able to be even remotely close to keep anything/one stunned with slam for longer than a few seconds ... was that before stun recode, maybe?

Tom seems a pain in the butt - good! 8-) :twisted:

Tom aint that bad as long as he is kept stunned, otherwise he heals from DD to FWV :P

And tbh, casting while stunned is silly, If mages can cast while stunned then why stun then? Not like you fear theire melee

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/