AA vs SCOP (nudge AA power whiners)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: AA vs SCOP (nudge AA power whiners)

Post by Ilrahil » 19 Apr 2011 21:01

hine whine whine ... and I agree with Ilrahil - it wasn't quite the power that lured people into DA but the whole PR that Ilrahil spread around the DA
Wy thank you.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 23:16

Alorrana wrote:think an empty guild no one wants to join and everyone says is crap.. Whats there to prove, those arguments should be enough.

And yes AA tanks decently., but the dam is rather useless currently.
Its not enough to make a case no. Not when Petros says you are balanced. I think you need a little more than that if you really want to prove your guild "sucks". If you're not willing to do so you might as well drop the whole thing and do your best to attract new members anyway.

And like Arcon said, you cant measure this by the number of active members. People often whine about Knights and Neidars are so powerful (even I did recently), yet they are both pretty inactive guilds, and have been for some time.

And losing a fight against a spellcaster... well what guild would not have lost that fight with the same setup? From looking at the log it seems you were not prepared to fight a Scop and you did nothing to counter his abilities, and there are some ways to do it. You even expected to lose, no wonder you did. :)

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 19 Apr 2011 23:22

Cherek wrote:
Alorrana wrote:think an empty guild no one wants to join and everyone says is crap.. Whats there to prove, those arguments should be enough.

And yes AA tanks decently., but the dam is rather useless currently.
Its not enough to make a case no. Not when Petros says you are balanced. I think you need a little more than that if you really want to prove your guild "sucks". If you're not willing to do so you might as well drop the whole thing and do your best to attract new members anyway.

And like Arcon said, you cant measure this by the number of active members. People often whine about Knights and Neidars are so powerful (even I did recently), yet they are both pretty inactive guilds, and have been for some time.

And losing a fight against a spellcaster... well what guild would not have lost that fight with the same setup? From looking at the log it seems you were not prepared to fight a Scop and you did nothing to counter his abilities, and there are some ways to do it. You even expected to lose, no wonder you did. :)

Not everyone probably can join the other guilds. Possibly their reputation would be something held against them to the point where joining would seem like you're being drug through the mud, which eventually leads someone to think "not worth it". Not saying this is the fault of anyone, just the way things have been done when it comes to the application process of a g uild.

As for always being prepared you can't always know when and where you are going to get jumped, and have every-possible counter on you at all times for X guilds. Sometimes you'll just attempt to stand toe-to-toe with someone and see if you can get them down before you and run with it. Apparently some guilds just output more damage then others which would mean a non-balance in one aspect right?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 23:32

Alexi: What I said was that Alorranas log does nor prove AA is a poor guild. It proves nothing either way. That was my only point.

And no, balance does not mean everyone should output the same damage. But in a balanced game everything should have a counter.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 20 Apr 2011 01:36

as mentioned, i didnt mean mine as a whine log, i just wanted to share a bloody log, If fact personally im supprised i even did that well, I needed to see what he can do. At first he was alone and poked around to annoy him, trying to make him leave.. he wouldnt so i bugged him more.. or tried to. then the room we was in booted and i assisted the harrads, and he swiftly left.. 1 tells me scops are not good agains multiple foes.. Ahhh didnt know that, so i learned there... Followed him in to another tent where he was waiting and blocked my exit as soon as i entered, i continued the fight, to see what he could infact do.. how much dam he could deal one to one.. and he could fire like the bloody Enterprise 1701-E.. and i felt like a shuttle taking punishment.. but was there a lesson there, yes.. i saw their attacking power and i got owned, yes, and if i didnt spam out i would have bought the ticket.. this is the truth of the story, If its a whiner note im sorry you see it like that.. but was just ment as a log.. and to make it clear, what reason i had, and yes, i expected to loose.. not all attacks are for the kill..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/