AA vs SCOP (nudge AA power whiners)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Re: AA vs SCOP (nudge AA power whiners)

Post by Irk » 18 Apr 2011 16:13

Draugor wrote:Prove to me that smash does atleast some damage, atm Neidar both tank and hurt alot more.
so join Neidar and you will see how strong AA specials are :)

Wolverine
Adventurer

Post by Wolverine » 18 Apr 2011 16:33

I guess that Manowar was close to neutral in this battle;)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 02:38

Alorrana and Draugor, go out and test your abilities.

You're both legends and goblins right? One is AA and one is DA?

Use similar EQ, dont use any layman guild, and test who is best tanking and dealing damage and compare. Then come back and post your results.

Then you will have atleast something backing up the claims about how useless AA are.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Apr 2011 04:48

think an empty guild no one wants to join and everyone says is crap.. Whats there to prove, those arguments should be enough.

And yes AA tanks decently., but the dam is rather useless currently.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Apr 2011 07:57

how about you compare yourself with a similar sized SS kender? ;) there's more active AAs than those :?

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 19 Apr 2011 09:24

Laurel wrote:how about you compare yourself with a similar sized SS kender? ;) there's more active AAs than those :?

Damagewise they should be on par I think...

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Apr 2011 16:05

Lol SS are so sucky its hilarious.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Apr 2011 16:54

tell you what - Laurel can battle Thanak if you want, for the sake of some whining experiment (if Thanak agrees, of course - 2 dwarves) or Alorrana

let's say only Ranger/AA specials can be used, both use the same armours (Laurel will keep some helmet in case of fighting Alorrana tho) - can be full Bubba for the sake of this, weapons ... let's say Laurel will use a dull grey sabre? holy blade? a tad hard to balance for me, but I guess someone can say which 2 sword+club are similar in hit/pen stats

let's say Laurel will use healing up to her mana pool, but no herbs & disarm, but return the weapon if it's dropped

I can say with a lot confidence it will be a longer fight (due to healing and disarming), but the outcome will always be the same - smack vs no special is quite obvious :roll:

let's make it harder? in case of Thanak - merc + AA specials, in case of Alorrana - AA + cow specials, in case of Laurel - Ranger + stuntie specials

my wild guess is that even burning the whole mana pool on self-heals Laurel will NOT do enough dmg before mattack/smack or smack/gore (all 3 work unarmed after all) send her running

let's make it even harder? take a simple lame crap unbrawlable golden sceptre ...

shall we continue? I didn't even touch the topic of specific Ranger drawbacks that kick in during long fights ... or in specific environmental conditions ...

whine whine whine ... and I agree with Ilrahil - it wasn't quite the power that lured people into DA but the whole PR that Ilrahil spread around the DA
currently there is negative PR around AA (spread by yourself - the active baddies - as well) - you can't expect it to work in your favour ... :? ;)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 19 Apr 2011 17:18

If power is all that is needed for a active guild, then Knights must suck as well, not many kniggits running around these days.

btw, no way SS and AA do the same amount of damage. Jab makes more damage then sling and hits more.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Apr 2011 20:50

Hey Im up for it.. Arena time ??
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/