Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

Post by Alexi » 18 Apr 2011 20:07

hektor wrote:Alexi.

I have on several accounts said - SC had balance issues. For whatever reasons - that we can get into if you would like to discuss it. I mean I could sit and point at certain logs of Vampires killing me without me being able to do anything. Guilds being able to fight me and nullifying all my abilities without me being able to do anything in return, layman abilities specifically coded towards SC , or Angmars doing more damage to me than I could ever do with a spell versus undeads or or or or.

But.. thats not what this is about. It is in the past. and what I was trying to say - balance issues occur, some heavier than others, at times. It just seems to me that there is a very one-sided perspective - and a large deal of propaganda, which I am then trying to respond to.

I have never said SC was always right, perfect or super balanced, nor will I.

The attack in question. I am rereading the log now. It was not fvw to death. That is simply not true. Nor was it a single spell I used. I used more than 7 at the time, and 3 of these hit you. Was the final spell that took you out too powerful in my opinion? _Absolutely_ Was it more powerful than certain abilities available to some guilds today? Not even close.

SC has been recoded since then. This is also where I could complain that we were told that other guilds at that time would be recoded to match our downgrade and it never happened - but I will not - and you know why? - This is a game based on volunteer workforce, and balance issues occur. I am fine with that. It happens.:)

What bothers me, however, is the one-sided perspective, lack of facts and aggressive tone I see in these debates. I have tried respond to it.

If you wouldn't mind sharing your side of the log (edited of course) I'd like to see it. I had see-fights on, and looked for all and any hit/misses that might have occurred and didn't see a single one except the one that killed me. I'll gladly post what I saw.

My point wasn't to be hostile towards the SCoP or even one sided, it was merely to prove like all new guilds when they are implemented, all angles aren't considered when they are implemented. Terel Vampires are a prime example of this, but what does leave a sour taste in my "personal" mouth is that guild was banished from the realms, while some others that were equally imbalanced weren't. Perhaps some of the players were to blame not the guild, but still instead of taking a case by case type approach it was anhiliation of a guild.
Last edited by Alexi on 18 Apr 2011 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 18 Apr 2011 21:08

Sure. I will find it and PM you.

I did not say you were being hostile in particular, it was a generic thing, but I shouldn't generalize too much ;)
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Apr 2011 21:12

For the vampires.. Some black sheep ruined it for the others.
I belive vampires should be in genesis as a playable guild.. They belong in genesis..

And as for the certain guilds mentioned here that were unbalanced..
Know i do not blame the players as a general rule..

I do however blame the wizards, and they way they have handled some cases..
And i agree Alexi... It is bad that some guilds have been completely ruined, while others have only been slightly modified.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 18 Apr 2011 22:41

I stand corrected and wished to point out the "FVW to Death" is indeed incorrect.

There were three hits, one was a physical hit from a weapon, the second is contested as it might be a physical hit with + Anti-Undead damage considered in, as it took me to Somewhat Hurt, and the third was SoHurt to Death.

My apologizes.
Last edited by Alexi on 18 Apr 2011 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Apr 2011 22:42

Still too much...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Apr 2011 01:13

I think anyone can kill anyone for whatever reason, even made up reasons, or no reasons at all. And its not only what I think, those are the rules of the game.

As for the rest... if PoTs have any powerful ability they sure dont show it. MMs do, and they seem to be the best PVP guild AND the best solo grinding guild today. And the only guild who can decide to kill someone and have a serious chance of succeeding.

Obviously Scops could, or still can too... but whats odd is that any guild with these abilities seem to be nerfed (or closed like the vamps), but MMs have always been the guild everyone should fear because they are more powerful than the rest. Always found that odd.

I seriously hope that one day we'll have spellcasters and fighters in a balanced mix. One day...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 20 Apr 2011 19:59

Most of these notes seem to be past grievances. I can attest to Hektor's comments that he doesn't attack Necromancers on sight since I encountered him as a Necro titan myself a few times and he just did some eyeflare thing and tried to spook me. And about the balance thing, how can you ever say anything is balanced? An advantage has to come down to something else there will always be complaints and cries of the nerf bat. Isn't SCOP closing anyways? Let them have their day then take it away ;)

I respect both Ilrahil and Hektor very much and any interaction with them in game is something to be remembered.

*eyeflare Hektor*
*dsalute Ilrahil*

Bromen

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/