Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Apr 2011 16:46

Code: Select all

You are physically slightly hurt and mentally in a vegetable state.
You feel very secure and extremely alert.
You can barely eat more and drink a lot more.
You are sober.
You are damned.
You are encumbered.
You are 26 days 1 hour 36 minutes 10 seconds of age.
> You are already preparing to attack.
> You channel some of The grotesque troll's life back to you through the coil!
The suave ageless female elf moves in on the disgusting troll, cutting into his
body with her straight-bladed abbasi.
Drogyn strikes at the disgusting troll's body with his left fist, but the
disgusting troll easily dodges the attack.
You swing at the grotesque troll's head with your runed mithril warhammer, but
he dodges your attack.
Drogyn punches the disgusting troll's head with his right fist.
Drogyn offer to cease hostilities with the disgusting troll and thus to stop
fighting each other.
The tanned travel-worn male elf swings at the grotesque troll's left arm with
his runed steel fauchard, but the grotesque troll easily dodges the attack.
The suave ageless female elf barely scrapes the disgusting troll's body with
her straight-bladed abbasi.
Nellnight barely scrapes the disgusting troll's right arm with his vicious
midnight-black peacemaker.
Nellnight grazes his sybarun khopesh along the body of the disgusting troll.
You move in to exploit a hole in the grotesque troll's defences, feeling a
satisfying thump as your runed mithril warhammer hurts his right arm.
Your ring feels warm on your hand.
The celestial shadowy male presence fixes you with his gaze, his eyes starting
to shimmer and turning into a brilliant silver. You feel him weighing and
judging you.
You are overcome by pangs of sadness, and weep uncontrollably as the celestial
shadowy male presence forces you to repent your life of evil. Your physical 
body is barely hanging on under the stress of the emotion.
The disgusting troll seems to regain his breath.
The celestial shadowy male presence distracts you with a feint, before casting
his roaring shadowy hammer at you with a sudden underarm throw! The roaring
shadowy hammer appears to be headed in the wrong direction, but changes course
in midair to hit you straight on.
The roaring shadowy hammer mauls you brutally, crumpling your flesh.
The roaring shadowy hammer returns to the celestial shadowy male presence's
hand.
Your attack on the celestial shadowy male presence hits nothing but shadows and
mist.
You channel some of The celestial shadowy male presence's life back to you
through the coil!
The grotesque troll strikes at Drogyn's left arm with his left claw, but Drogyn
easily dodges the attack.
The disgusting troll strikes at Drogyn's legs with his right claw, but Drogyn
dodges the attack.
The disgusting troll strikes at Drogyn's body with his left claw, but Drogyn
dodges the attack.
The celestial shadowy male presence appears to be in deep concentration.
The tanned travel-worn male elf just nicks the grotesque troll's head with his
runed steel fauchard.
The suave ageless female elf swings at the disgusting troll's right arm with
her straight-bladed abbasi, but the disgusting troll easily dodges the attack.
Nellnight grazes his sybarun khopesh along the body of the disgusting troll.
Drogyn drives his open hand into the disgusting troll's solar plexus, stunning
him.
You are physically in a very bad shape and mentally in a vegetable state.
You feel somewhat secure and very alert.
You can barely eat more and drink a lot more.
You are sober.
You are damned.
You are encumbered.
You are 26 days 1 hour 36 minutes 18 seconds of age.
> You lightly bruise the celestial shadowy male presence's head with your runed
mithril warhammer.
Your ring feels warm on your hand.
The celestial shadowy male presence fixes you with his gaze, his eyes starting
to shimmer and turning into a brilliant silver. You feel him weighing and
judging you.
You scream shrilly as the celestial shadowy male presence forces you to realize
the futility of your life of evil. Your body gives up as the will to live
drains from you, and blissful darkness follows soon thereafter.
You say: Death means nothing to me, fool!
You cackle with glee.
You stop wielding the runed mithril warhammer.
You remove the ornamental baldric.
You remove the black silken sash (open).
You remove the open black silver-runed qarraba.
You remove the small leather pouch (open).
You remove the iron gorget.
You remove the pair of scarlet-gold scale boots.
You remove the ruby-eyed snake ring.
You remove the pair of tempered greaves.
You remove the tempered helmet.
You remove the black high-collared robe.
You remove the dragon turtle shell.
You undrape your dragon turtle shell.
You remove the black grand breastplate.
You die.
You have a strange feeling.
You can see your own dead body from above.
So ridiculous

Draugor

Re: Hektor 3 shots a Necro Titan for being a Necromancer

Post by Draugor » 18 Apr 2011 16:54

3 shotting ANYTHING above Hero is just sick tbh -.-

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Apr 2011 17:11

Actually the excuse for the killing is what annoys me here..
You are member of a lay guild therefore i kill you...

And well yes the 3 shot thing is ridonkulous aswell.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 18 Apr 2011 17:26

amberlee wrote:Actually the excuse for the killing is what annoys me here..
You are member of a lay guild therefore i kill you...

And well yes the 3 shot thing is ridonkulous aswell.

Don't feel bad, He 1 shot me as a Titan.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 18 Apr 2011 17:47

Cause for attack "being a necromancer" - That was not the reason. I have explained this to Ilrahil on more than one account in and out of game. He chooses to post this again as the cause. Fair enough.

This situation apart from that. We did and do have problems with Necros from a RP sense, yes (why wouldn't we?). We did not attack people on that basis though. The real issue was us being scried constantly with skulls. Even when hosting private ceremonies etc.
We politely asked the individuals to stop (if we knew who they were). We then asked firmly for it to stop. I also tried handling that dispute with the Necros via their council at that time who literally told me to f*** off.
Were a couple of necros after that attacked setting an example? Yes. But not killed. Was that what happened with Ilrahil. No. I will leave it to Ilrahil to set the record straight. That being said... I could attack someone for being a necromancer if I felt there was RP basis for it, and it wasn't against the Genesis rules. Why? Because I believe it is part of the game.

As for laymans and conflicts in general.
If you join a layman with a theme and a cause thus placing you at odds with someone should that not affect what happens to you in the game?

Does that mean that Knights of Takhisis cannot attack people for being enemies with PoT either? Has MM never attacked someone for being in Thornlin or a Herald of the Valar? and what about Army of Angmar laymans who are judges.. are they free from responsability because they are just layman but still on the council? etc. Can a layman angmar then be allowed to attack someone at war with the occupational Angmar? How about the bloodguard when they acted on behalf of the Vampyrs? Did they do so as individuals or as bloodguards?
If a layman Knight like guild opened.. would evils then not be allowed to attack them? We can go on like this. I guess it again falls back to what people believe layman guilds to be.

Regarding power.
If I recall, Ilrahil was hero at the time and I a myth or legend. We can discuss what a hero was doing soloing TTs at the time, but thats another story. Does it mean then it was ok for someone to 3 shot him? I am not necessarily saying yes here, but it certainly improved my odds. Am I saying SC has never had balance issues - absolutely not.

What I will say though.. do you think a PoT legend/myth or a MM legend/myth would even need as much as 3 spells to kill a hero fighting 3 trolls?) My personal experience says no. They would need 1 or 2 at best.
Also Ilrahil gave me as a SC almost every possible advantage he could in that fight.

Does the size difference, a hero at 3 trolls, the comparison with other casters legends vs heros, "justify" the reason for the kill, the kill, or the balance at all. No. Just saying I see some quite deliberate propaganda here, and would like to suggest there are more than one side to story.

cheers
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Apr 2011 18:06

I was titan and you were legend.

If you will look at the log, the 3 trolls did not hit me during the fight as it was on the old system where they attacked the last person to enter the room, and none of your teammates assisted so it was you and only you beating on me.

TBH I don't remember why you attacked me, other than repeated threats of not using any Necromantic spells in Calia etc.

As you said, the guild was imbalanced, it has been fixed (kind of.) This log is just one of many that show how crazy SC damage was at the time to evils. In fact I believe the gaze was more damaging to evils than to undead at this point in time. VBS to dead with one spell? FVW to VBS with a hammer throw and one spell. Probably add another health level in as death coil had drained twice during the fight which replenished my health stock a bit.

As to what I was doing in Terel Trolls, isn't it obvious from the log that death coil hadn't been removed yet? If I recall correctly this was the week leading up to the nerf that we had been informed of in which every Necromancer said to hell with it, and abused the powers to make as much xp as possible in that time.

This ain't a crusade, but I found it funny with the Manowar vs. Hektor fight that it shows AA as beating SC. But the gaze spell was not implemented at all throughout the fight. Basically what that fight was, would be compared to a Knight fighting a MM, and a MM only using a flaming weapon and no other offensive spells. Based on that I thought I'd post it.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 18 Apr 2011 18:12

Well Hektor, unless you *specific guild info* against a PoT they are lucky to take you half a healthlevel, I'd not fret at all if I was killing stuff in Kalaman and a PoT jumped me, theire talon will tickle me alittle and thats about it. So they would need atleast 50. How do I know this? Do you have any idea how much I have dealt with the PoTs? In the past and now?
You assume you have the facts cause you've been in the game for ages, however, claiming Necros are OCC powered? 2 usefull spells. Saying BDA are the most overpowered in the game atm? One word "Knights".
I could post some specifics if you'd wish about the PoT but that would be quite illegal. But Believe you me, If the PoT arent in a VERY specific place they wont be able to do squatt.
I've seen Legend sized PoT with Talon killing greenie and they ended up VBS and had to heal twice, and no, not people with low Guildxp.

And the MMs dont attack people cause they are militia, I've had a militia char and hes met plenty of morguls even spoken briefly to them without beeing attacked. Valars I have no idea of as I have never been one or ever really dealt with them.

3 shotting someone is always sick, if you can 3 shot someone you shouldnt attack them -.- Unless they attack you first ofc.
Hell with that reasoning I could make up shit and attack cadets cause I find Calians annoying.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Apr 2011 19:13

Funny that people claim that necros had OCC power when they actually had NO experience at all being in the guild :)
Sure i whipped around just about everyone back in the days as necro, but it was not about the guild power.
It was preparations and gear mostly.. Sure the guilds abilities helped, but they were not the deciding factor.
Here is an example.. One day i whipped Poet(legend back then) around like he was a puppet on a string.. The next day i was totally beaten into submission by Kheldor(hero back then)..
I beat Poet because i was prepared and because i had the best gear available..
I was beaten by Kheldor because i had average equipment even if i was prepared component and herb wise..

Yes necros were powerful for a layman guild.. No they were no where even remotely close to OCC power..Not even before the nerfs..

As for soloing ttrolls back then... was easy..
Did it as a merc/bm without much problems.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Apr 2011 19:17

Yea back then skunks and whitehorns and you could camp there all day with the right gear.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Apr 2011 19:18

Yepp..
Also having both merc block and runeshield helped ALOT :p

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/