Old players, old stories (moved from promotion area)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Booger
Veteran

Re: Old players, old stories (moved from promotion area)

Post by Booger » 19 May 2011 01:26

Thanks, Mumon! Very nice to be back! Was wondering when/if I'd see you.
Did I have bank characters??? I don't remember that. Any idea why? I mean, we had banks in those days too.
Don't even remember the Nazgul(s?). But I do remember you having very nice spells. You are just about the only person I remember from those days, apart from some immortals... and Gothmog.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 May 2011 07:43

Gothmog is greatly missed :(

Titan

Post by Avatar » 19 May 2011 08:16

Laurel wrote:Gothmog is greatly missed :(
Everyone from back then are greatly missed. They were the ones that helped make Genesis as great as it were. Them being good or bad.

I actually miss the queues, cause then you KNEW the place would be crawling :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 19 May 2011 11:10

Booger wrote:Thanks, Mumon! Very nice to be back! Was wondering when/if I'd see you.
Did I have bank characters??? I don't remember that. Any idea why? I mean, we had banks in those days too.
Don't even remember the Nazgul(s?). But I do remember you having very nice spells. You are just about the only person I remember from those days, apart from some immortals... and Gothmog.
There were no banks where you could deposit money at that time. So they each carried a couple of thousand plats :)

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 20 May 2011 02:46

mumon wrote:There were no banks where you could deposit money at that time. So they each carried a couple of thousand plats :)
Ahh, right! You could only exchange money in them! Totally forgot about that :D
And it took a while before that exchange code would work properly as well. Those gnome banks always seemed to charge the transaction fees several times, or fail to minimize all money or charge for the platinum you carried as well, or... always something.
Cindy got restored... (titan in the current level system - people are a bit more powerful these days). Think I should ask to get those bank characters restored as well? ;)

Don't remember those queues either, Avatar, but I sure do remember the crawling! 7 hour uptime, where the first half hour was slow due to people trying to connect and rooms loading, and the last hours were slow due to memory being used up. But the few hours in between were very enjoyable! Killing smaller things to get some equipment, to be able to kill the ones having decent equipment, to be able to go after the really nice items.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/