Old players, old stories (moved from promotion area)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Old players, old stories (moved from promotion area)

Post by Avatar » 12 May 2011 12:30

Booger wrote:Was a bit unsure, so I voted "Other".
I'm not exactly new, since I played for a while in the old days. But being away since... -93(?) I assume I can be considered new.
I got a mail from Gorboth, inviting me to see how things were nowadays. Had a look and got stuck.
(Sorry for the minor hijack)

Oh, another oldie.

What name were you known as, back in the day? :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Calador
Wizard

Re: Those New to Genesis

Post by Calador » 12 May 2011 12:56

Some oldies have returned.
Weird thing is that I can remember some of the fun stories from back then, and some of it is really more of a blur.

Eg. my twisted memory thinks it remembers Avatar sitting in Nogards apartment, fighting Bolg. Happy that he wasn't tanking, until someone (me) told him that he took an awful lot of damage for not tanking... and then he died (after some panicked attempts to run away) :)

Titan

Post by Avatar » 12 May 2011 13:23

Calador wrote:Some oldies have returned.
Weird thing is that I can remember some of the fun stories from back then, and some of it is really more of a blur.

Eg. my twisted memory thinks it remembers Avatar sitting in Nogards apartment, fighting Bolg. Happy that he wasn't tanking, until someone (me) told him that he took an awful lot of damage for not tanking... and then he died (after some panicked attempts to run away) :)

Ahem, I dont recall that. Couldnt have been me. Nooooo. Nope. Never. :mrgreen:
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 12 May 2011 17:12

Old stories are fun, my first encounter witht he walking legends ended in an abrupt awakening.
Brawling Thunder outside Bree, I was champion afterall, verge of collapse charge followed by a almost pulp smash made me realize I was not as big as I thought.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Old players, old stories (moved from promotion area)

Post by gorboth » 12 May 2011 17:33

I split this series of posts from the poll Kitriana created in the Promotion area to thread.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 May 2011 19:06

OgreToyBoy wrote:Old stories are fun, my first encounter witht he walking legends ended in an abrupt awakening.
Brawling Thunder outside Bree, I was champion afterall, verge of collapse charge followed by a almost pulp smash made me realize I was not as big as I thought.
find Bebop fighting the Moria trolls for the axe
join Bebop
follow Bebop to fight Gorgun (he had this idea of killing him for some reason)
Bebop finishes tanking Gorgun and his orcs at sl hurt
Bebop is surprised, verifies his status/gear/etc. and says "oh, I forgot to wear armours ..."

that was a similar moment for me ... :lol: :roll:

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 12 May 2011 19:43

avatar wrote:What name were you known as, back in the day? :)
Cindy. She's been resurrected, but I started a new one. More fun to play lowbie.
Also played Mthead, who became immortal and a couple of weeks later got deleted.
And Grimm, a lowbie goblin made just to mess with people. Was fun until people learned who I was and suddenly stopped being mad at me and trying to kill me.
And Lysita, a robot that got 1/3 to immortalhood on automation, and almost gave our computer club a site ban.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 May 2011 19:59

I think I might remember that robot you built, Booger. If it was the little girl who used to hang out in Sparkle and politely ask people if they would invite her to team when them over and over, I do. My favorite was when I was teamed with Kithkanan, he stopped at the bot, said ... "This is a robot. Watch this." He then invited her to our team, and made a bee-line for the giants. He attacked them, and then moved behind the little bot. She died horribly and we all cheered.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 12 May 2011 20:14

Nono... Our robot wasn't that smart or sofisticated (made by me and a friend).
There was a go-puzzle and a guy needing a hammer. Both were minor quests that gave quest-xp but could be solved several times (so small the imms didn't bother about them).
So Lysita had a script to log in each half-hour, go solve the go-problems, get the hammer and give to the guy. She also picked up some item on the ground and sold it, getting a few coppers.
We didn't bother checking until about 3-4 months later, when we found out she'd become rich enough to train all skills, and had [wiz info removed] xp ([wiz info removed] was needed to apply for immhood).
And since all xp were quest-xp, she could die without losing any xp at all.
We had great plans for her, testing dangrous things, but a little later she was just gone.
Strange, but *shrug*, we just recreated her... no hurry - she'll manage herself.
And a little later we got a mail from the immortals, saying that either Lysita doesn't show up any more, or nobody from our site will be able to log in to Genesis.
And that's the last thing anyone ever saw of Lysita.

The robot you encountered sounded a lot more fun!
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 19 May 2011 00:32

Booger wrote:
avatar wrote:What name were you known as, back in the day? :)
Cindy. She's been resurrected, but I started a new one. More fun to play lowbie.
Also played Mthead, who became immortal and a couple of weeks later got deleted.
And Grimm, a lowbie goblin made just to mess with people. Was fun until people learned who I was and suddenly stopped being mad at me and trying to kill me.
And Lysita, a robot that got 1/3 to immortalhood on automation, and almost gave our computer club a site ban.
You forgot CindyBank1, CindyBank2 etc. At least I think that is what they were named.
I met them shortly after Mumon cured Cindy from the Nazgul poision :) This was soon after the Nazgul made its first appearance.

Nice to have you back :)

/Mumon

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/