Meeting with orc MM in Krynn

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Windemere
Expert

Re: Meeting with orc MM in Krynn

Post by Windemere » 29 Nov 2013 02:24

So, I can't sign my posts? That's a bit ridiculous. Just because my name is next to it I'm not allowed to sign it.

When I said "This has nothing to do with MM" I meant the conversation regarding Logs and how they relate to RP. I am not referring to the other portions of the conversation which, most obviously do, relate specifically to MM. I believe Petros, whom I was referring to, was speaking to ALL logs, not just those related to MM.

This conversation is about how to make logs better fit rp/not reveal game secrets. Even if this is an out of game forum, it is an Official game forum. Petros is a moderator of this forum and has indicated that he would prefer logs be written in this way.

I believe I also said "There is nothing wrong with logs" and that it would "be better if they were posted in a format that didn't reveal guild specific information". So to speak.

What I find frustrating about this forum is that people tend to cherry pick specific things and not really bother to understand what someone actually says.

Windemere

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 29 Nov 2013 04:29

Windemere wrote:Let me try to clarify,
I think you mixed things up a little now though?

2. You can post Logs. Of whatever you want. But it isn't good RP and reveals guild abilities to everyone. If that is your goal it is a poor one. If you are posting to remember an epic battle or reminice that is a bit different.
Wait... what? No, thats not really what Petros said. RP? What? He said posting logs with the purpose of revealing guild abilities is going to be moderated if posted on this forum. Nothing about whether it is good RP or not. There's no RP on the forum? Or what do you mean now? I think you confuse with our discussion about posting stuff in game?
3. What is better? Rewriting logs so that they don't reveal information, are more RPish because they are written in the way a story would be retold.

I think Petros made it clear when he put it in modern context.

How would you describe a really cool event to someone if you didn't have a video camera recording you? A log is essentially like having a video camera record what happens to you and then posting it. Those don't exist in genesis, so telling the story is a better means of disseminating information.
He said that as an RP suggestion regarding posting in-game. Nobody ever said you needed to post re-written stories here at all? Or in game for that matter. That was Petros personal suggestion for more RP immersion in game. Not some type of rule. Thats how I understood it anyway? As for the forum, there's definitely no rule that you have to re-write your logs in some RP way. Or even a suggestion? I think you mixed up with in game posting again, or I misunderstood your note... again...?

And Petros also said he had no issue with revealing information about guilds that you learn in game, IN GAME, and that conflicts are welcome. The only issue here was that posting logs with the intention to reveal guild info was never the idea with this forum section. And I buy that and removed my logs. There's not much more to it than that I think?

But I am sure Petros can clarify what he meant if needed... Maybe that would be good. It sure seems like we read what he wrote very differently...?

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 29 Nov 2013 05:37

Thanks Kiara for the summary. You've captured my previous messages quite well.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/