Second, deadly, encounter with Morrison

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: Second, deadly, encounter with Morrison

Post by Kiara » 27 Nov 2013 01:09

Berwyn wrote:I hope it's not too late, but Kiara maybe it's good idea to change the logs and "the insightful parts";> into the kenderish story (I think Gladiators, used to decribe tournaments this way). Keep up the creative work and you'll surely get more constructive opinions from other players. Good luck!

B.
Thanks for some actually constructive instead of destructive feedback. Maybe I will for next time. Obviously its much better RP, but I thought nobody would believe me if I used that approach, and that people would need logs as _proof_. Maybe I could post stories in Sparkle and logs here... but well... that'll be weird too...

Honestly though we have always used logs to prove things in Genesis Even the heavy RP guilds still send logs back and forth. Yes it's a bit out of character but it's also the way we prove things, especially when it comes to pfights.

The big issue is I posted it on a board instead of mailing it around like everyone else does...? Isnt that just as "bad" RP? If we assume logs are bad RP...

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 27 Nov 2013 01:55

I believe there is something controversial about the event, and it's likely to get radical responses but I don't want to develope the this idea any further. :)
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 27 Nov 2013 04:15

I think the whole notion of not sharing 'guild secrets' is a bit silly at this point.

Let's break it down, in character (mostly).

-We live in a world where reincarnation not only exists, but is instantaneous. Meaning that after I die, I have full memory of what occurred to me in my past life.
-We live in a world where different guilds provide people with different special abilities, sometimes magic, sometimes not.
-We live in a world where we have friends and allies. Some of these would fight and die for each other, some would seek vengeance for an offence against another.

Okay, now that those points are out of the way let's take a quick break for some questions: How many of you know what specials the Blue Dragonarmy has? The Neidar clan? Mercenaries? Has anyone drawn a blank as to the full capabilities of any of these guilds? I haven't. I can also say with 99% certainty that members of these guilds wouldn't take issue to me posting what they are. Here or in game.

So what are we trying to say when we say don't share guild secrets? That the world knowing what the specials of some guilds are is fine but not others? Who decides this? Is there a help file I can read about that? Please point me to it, if so, I am honestly oblivious to it and it's existence will render my entire point invalid.

If I am killed by a Morgul Mage (again, just in this example), I'm going to share with my friends what the Mage did. Consider logs to be story telling. Sure, Kiara could edit the whole stupid thing to say "Then I <blah blah blah> and he responded with <herp derp>." but if we're going to get into that argument I have a list of grammatical/syntactical errors that many of you put up with on a daily basis.

So, harping on Kiara for sharing a log of when she was killed seems pretty silly to me. I get that caster guilds like to have their secrecy ... but if you want to keep a spell secret, then don't use it. If you use it, and then I tell people about it, and you get mad ... well I don't really have a response to that, actually. I also get that Kiara sought out the fight, she was the aggressor. But what she didn't do was force this Mage to use the abilities he used. We have to assume that the Mage very carefully picked what he needed and wanted to share before he used it.

So, I don't know how we got on this silly topic of "don't post logs" but I disagree with it. I'm not saying everyone should just post their guild secrets. I'm just saying, if you use it in combat while another mortal is around and they share that knowledge, the only person to blame is yourself.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 27 Nov 2013 10:15

Kiara, don't give up.
I am on your side.

It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whose brother was slaughtered and left the game are opposing you.
It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whose Elemental patron confronts the Undead and left the game are opposing you.
It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whom I would expect to support you most are opposing you.

I don't want to be slapped for lighting the lamp.
I don't want to be killed for attacking random creature in Emerald.
I don't want to fear my being on the East bank of Anduin.

That's why I support you and (for all others) I supported you even before death penalty was removed.

I prefer not to be engaged in active PvP but still You have full my support spiritually and physically (equipment, money, preparations)

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 27 Nov 2013 10:22

Exactly my opinion.
Do you want your specials secret - don't use it in public.
Do you want your name secret - don't introduce
You don't want people interrogate your abilities - keep low and don't force them to by killing their brothers.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Nov 2013 10:32

Laurel was on the receiving end of a very similar event when DA opened.
As relatively smallfry BDA with 8 BM links, she was repeatedly battled by many enemies ... and bested them. This included quite high-stated old chars.
Back then there was no official forum, but over the next years I learned that:
a. at least 3 of the people who were bested by Laurel already had wiz-chars in those days
b. the outcomes of those fights were fuel to nerf BDA (remove auto-slash, remove double-slash)

Laurel learned her lessons and so did I.
I know where and how I get my info. I also know whom and how I share it with - IF at all, then on guild-boards and guild-libraries.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 27 Nov 2013 10:49

zar wrote: It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whose brother was slaughtered and left the game are opposing you.
It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whose Elemental patron confronts the Undead and left the game are opposing you.
It is strange that especially Windemere and Amorana whom I would expect to support you most are opposing you.

I am sure the CHARACTERS Windemere and Amorana supports the effort of slaying all undeads but there is a difference between that and anything happening on this Forum or OOC. Your character can hate a guild while you as a player still want that guild to exist and flourish.

When I started playing Genesis the mages were the most feard people around, I got nervous for just being in the same room. One time, a long time ago, a mage casted some kind of fear spell on me to make me go away for burping. I think he said I polluted the air or something. And that just added to the excitement of the game. He didn't attack me or insult me he just wanted me to go away. I missed that boat but that didn't matter because I remember scrolling up to see what had happened several times.
I knew nothing about the abilities of the mages back then more then rumours about something called "statcloud" that made you into a newbie or the dreaded "blackbreath" which would kill you. And those tiny hints towards their spells made me fear them. But it didn't keep me from fighting the orcs in Ithilien, it made it better. I ran at the sight of any mage there. So I was not a fan of them to make it short but without them it wouldn't have been as fun to sneak into Ithilien to fight orcs.

I am not a fan of the mages now but I think they have a important part in the game. Maybe something like the evil "puppetmaster" that pulls the strings of the bloodthirsty hoards of Angmar and mystery and fear are big parts of that role. The Circle needs a powerful enemy to be able to reach its rp potential.

So even if Windemere and Amorana argues against this it is their players and not their characters that do it.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 27 Nov 2013 14:00

arcon wrote:So even if Windemere and Amorana argues against this it is their players and not their characters that do it.
And that's the definition of RP. Being able to play your character separate from the real world. I've remained completely friendly with multiple people in game lately who I feel (as a result of this event) are completely abusing friendliness and helpfulness, as well as using metagame info and knowledge to ask for favors that they truthfully should have no idea I am able to provide. I have remained friendly to Kiara in game despite what I perceive as increasing hostility over every logical argument I post (note, I recognize my own increasing hostility as well... but my insults came long after I felt slighted.)

My character and her support, Zar, are entirely different and separate from anything I write here on the forums.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 27 Nov 2013 14:50

People who aid, motivate and participate in this event do it entirely in character, right? And this event was initiated regardless of the status of Death being on vacation or not?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 27 Nov 2013 14:59

Kas wrote:People who aid, motivate and participate in this event do it entirely in character, right? And this event was initiated regardless of the status of Death being on vacation or not?
Exactly. Death penalty was a bonus for those who chose to commit suicide.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/