Second, deadly, encounter with Morrison

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Second, deadly, encounter with Morrison

Post by Arcon » 26 Nov 2013 19:21

Kiara wrote:Maybe its some Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing. The orc is nice, but sometimes they turn inte wraiths and become evil.:)
You mean Dr Orc and Mr Wraith?

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 26 Nov 2013 19:23

Exactly.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Nov 2013 19:39

This encounter is most likely against Fluffy not Morrison :)

Creed

Post by Creed » 26 Nov 2013 19:49

There is no such thing as "new scop or new pot"..

MM is the only magic guild yet redone.
The rest of us are still waiting impatiently.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 26 Nov 2013 20:16

Chanele wrote:This encounter is most likely against Fluffy not Morrison :)
Uhm. Ok. And you base this info on what knowledge? You're actually saying mages now have a spell that can disguise that they are even awake in the realms? Really? Because thats the only way it could have been Fluffy.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 26 Nov 2013 21:21

You know, something just struck me.

Part of the stated goal of this event is to break the mage dominance and have them stop being bullies. So the response has been to bully the bullies. What seems to be happening is that more and more people are putting themselves up against the mages and becoming, for lack of a better term, targets of the mages for the future.

To be honest, how many people have Mages stalked, hunted and killed in the past year? How many have been killed by Mages during this event and likely will be again as they are now likely enemies of the Mages.

While this even has certainly lifted some of the shroud of mystery from the Mages and their abilities it will likely do nothing to stop them from hunting. In reality what I think is being done is further ostracizing of players in the realms. Will this solve the "problem" of Mages being able to kill people should they determine that necessary? Likely not. What it might do, though, is make Mages second guess interacting with anyone outside of their tower and further push them to the fringes.

Hopefully Mages will still enjoy playing, otherwise we might see another guild lose activity and move on.

Windemere

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 26 Nov 2013 21:27

arcon wrote:
Kiara wrote:Maybe its some Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing. The orc is nice, but sometimes they turn inte wraiths and become evil.:)
You mean Dr Orc and Mr Wraith?
An orc doctor is not the type of medical professional I hope to ever leave my health in the hands of.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 26 Nov 2013 21:29

Windemere wrote:You know, something just struck me.

Part of the stated goal of this event is to break the mage dominance and have them stop being bullies. So the response has been to bully the bullies. What seems to be happening is that more and more people are putting themselves up against the mages and becoming, for lack of a better term, targets of the mages for the future.

To be honest, how many people have Mages stalked, hunted and killed in the past year? How many have been killed by Mages during this event and likely will be again as they are now likely enemies of the Mages.

While this even has certainly lifted some of the shroud of mystery from the Mages and their abilities it will likely do nothing to stop them from hunting. In reality what I think is being done is further ostracizing of players in the realms. Will this solve the "problem" of Mages being able to kill people should they determine that necessary? Likely not. What it might do, though, is make Mages second guess interacting with anyone outside of their tower and further push them to the fringes.

Hopefully Mages will still enjoy playing, otherwise we might see another guild lose activity and move on.

Windemere
+1

With the edited addition:

The only people I can logically see as having an argument here are Worshippers avenging their own. But, that isn't how it has been stylized either, which is unfortunate - it would make for much better RP than "I'm a Kender who has somehow lost wanderlust and is now suddenly focused on hunting mages." :-P (In case you can't read my humor, I jest a bit.)

I think for the most part those hunting have been Worshippers, and Kiara did mention that they killed her and her Worshipper brother in the starting of the event. I'm just not sure open season on mages is the way to convince them to stop being bullies.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 26 Nov 2013 21:42

Amorana: That is correct. My reasons for not liking mages has been around ever since Kiara was born as was killed as great adventurer by a myth when doing the MM entrance quest. Now that may all be fair and square, but it sure gave me a little grudge towards mages thats been around since. Secondly over the years I have seen many of my friends be killed my mages in one way or another. Lastly Logg, which I vitnessed personally. And thirdly for a VERY long time everyone complains about it. But nobody does anything. They live in fear and speculate about the immense powers of the mages, making them feel bigger and more bad than ever.

I decided that if nobody else is gonna do something about it I might well. Being a kender it was hardly well planned thing. More of a spur of the moment idea after watching Logg being killed. I am pretty happy with the outcome so far! But much is left to be done. And I think its quite kender-like to come up with a crazy idea and not think much further about what it will lead to... so well...:)

And I am not forcing anyone to join in. Everyone does it out of their own free will. And I am not assuming everyone will support it either. It's perfectly fine to like mages and support with them too. Its a free world.
Last edited by Kiara on 26 Nov 2013 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 26 Nov 2013 21:54

Windemere wrote:You know, something just struck me.

Windemere
I completely disagree with everything.:)

Accepting that people kill you whenever they feel like, and simply staying out of their way as best you can, just so they wont become sad and stop playing? Really?

And if they stop playing because of a group of people is trying to fight back against their aggression... well... what can I say. Guess they'll just have to do like anyone else? Dont join an aggressive type of guild if you cant accept being a target for repercussions. There are plenty of options to chose from if you dont want any of that. I dont think they mages think its so bad though... I mean obviously they like PVP or they wouldnt kill people, and now they have more reasons. I doubt they are hurting that much...

But, seriously, if the mages dont want to be bothered they're free to contact me and the others and try to solve the problem with diplomacy if they want. Although I find that quite unlikely to happen... yes they'll probably keep hunting me and other who oppose, and I will fight back. Why not? Thats how it works. How else should it work? And to say I am bullying the mages isnt really right... It's not like there is some type of mass hunt on mages, and tons of corpses. So far I've just seen them kill people who has tried... not the other way around. Maybe one day we'll get one!

I dont really understand your reasoning... but hey, you're completely free to stay out of the whole thing and voice your opinions.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/