Morrison attacks Bomrims team (including Yanus and Grampal)

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mersereau
Champion

Re: Morrison attacks Bomrims team (including Yanus and Gramp

Post by Mersereau » 15 May 2014 15:25

Mersereau wrote: The reasons this conflict began aren't relevant to this discussion. It's in another thread anyway.
http://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewto ... f=9&t=2723
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 15 May 2014 15:28

Mersereau wrote:
Mersereau wrote: The reasons this conflict began aren't relevant to this discussion. It's in another thread anyway.

Kas have been giving me good answers in private about these matters.
Still it's not that I want to discuss.
Bomrim the Mighty Rockfriend, Supreme Master Gladiator of Athas and August
Doctor of Music, titan, male dwarf.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 15 May 2014 15:30

Bomrim wrote:
Mersereau wrote:If you stood there and thought, "Hmm, titan versus myth, I'll ride this one out and see what happens," you got what you deserve. As leader of the team you have a level of responsibility. Winning a conflict isn't as important as keeping your team alive. Shit happens sometimes, but getting your ass handed to you and running to the forums to complain when the odds weren't in your favor and you made several errors is a bit disingenuous.
You're still way off the topic. I'm not questioning size, abilities or resistances.

I do not complain of the odds. I complain about his behavior. Do you know what that is or do you have asperger?
It's the way you conveyed the log, you spoke more of the damage, how quick and your stats then his behavior. All in all you're lucky to be alive, I think that was pretty generous. Ears and eyes are everywhere even out of game. If you say something in either expect retribution

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 15 May 2014 15:40

Bomrim wrote:
Mersereau wrote:

Kas have been giving me good answers in private about these matters.
Still it's not that I want to discuss.
You don't want to discuss why the conflict happened, you don't want to discuss the actual combat. What else is there to discuss, your font on your MUD client?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 15 May 2014 15:56

Bomrim: As you know I am very much against the mages in-game, and I've been pretty skeptical against some of their abilities as well, however this time I am not sure what they did wrong? Why would it be wrong for a mage to kill someone who opposes them? If that's what they want to do?

Chanele: Morrison is on a rampage? I am not so sure about that... it's not like he's killing random people. Yanus was hardly "innocent", and Morrison did not kill Grampal or Bomrim, which he probably could have if he had wanted to. The other recent kills of Jooli, Pacal and me came after WE attacked. At least in mine and Pacal's case in order to provoke some abilities revealed and test resistances. Note sure about the Jooli-fights and who started that... Before that it's the Logg kill I think? Which sparked this little conflict in the first place. I am not sure I would exactly call it a rampage, and I dont see any reason for Gorboth to step in here? And do what? Why? Nobody has broken any rules? I think it would be wrong to step in unless someone does.

If people feel the current actions of the mages is wrong, then it's a rule change we need. Is that what you want? Bomrim? Chanele? The rest of you? More strict PVP rules?
Last edited by Kiara on 15 May 2014 16:03, edited 3 times in total.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 15 May 2014 16:01

bromen wrote:It took Morrison and Fluffy 20 seconds to kill Logg?

Hmmm... not sure why it took so long.
Being an eyewitness to that murder my estimation is 10-15 seconds. Sure felt like no more than 10. Kas says it was longer though after investigating logs. Since nobody who was there timed it I guess we dont know. It was quick, that we can probably all agree on!
bromen wrote: Wasn't there a fight recently when a Neidar had decent magic resist that they did pretty well? Pacal comes to mind...
Depends on what you mean by "pretty well". Pacal still died, resistances or not. Jooli is probably the person who has done best agains a mage, going on the offensive trying to overwhelm Morrison with lots of firepower quickly. Of course the mage retreated, returned later and killed her too, but considering how much smaller Jooli is than Morrison it was a good try.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 May 2014 16:27

Bomrim wrote:My experience of your ability to reason is that it's very closeminded, so I hope you didn't mean that. It would only confirm my thoughts about you.
Bomrim wrote:Do you know what that is or do you have asperger?
Ohhh the drama ... emotions ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 15 May 2014 21:45

What we think about the action itself?

Well tbh if he was ordered to do it, Morris doesent deserve the bitching and whining, you should direct that to Kas the not so friendly ghost :P As for _WHY_ he recived the order... well most likelly the mages fabricated some vague reason and went for it, still Morris was nonetheless following orders, again, KILL KAS! Grab your pitchforks and torches!

And the cowardly part? Dude... mages are chickenshits, its their fucking trademark :P That cowardice combined with supreme pvp abilities makes them able to kill almost anyone, and lets be honest, who here aside from a knight would actually wait for you to stop fightning, declare intent and attack? :P Ofc they will attackl when you're engaged, it will greatly increase the chance to take you out

About the rest? Morris is to begin with fucking gigantic, and with the most unfair/unbalanced pvp advantages any guild in the game has against people that had 0 I repeat 0 resistance from what I can see... you should be happy he didnt anihilate you all, he would have had little to no problem doing so.

And about the kill 12 years ago? The pvp rules more or less dont exist anymore, hence why we've lost alot of people that are sick of getting attacked for no real reason when certain players have gone berserk (you know who you are! Fuckers!) What would get you a severe beating from Stern gives you... a kiss from Gorboth, wich is still pretty bad but not even close to before :P

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 15 May 2014 23:05

And ... boy, are my lips sore from all those heartfelt smooches!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 16 May 2014 00:12

"What Morrison does is to hunt down others outside ME to stab them in the back and kill them."

Wtf? When did mages get backstab?

"There is a point where you must take responsibility for your actions."

There is also a point where you take revenge on the ones who actually fired the weapon of mass destruction versus telling the nuke what he did was wrong.

Perhaps you should try to roleplay the situation out. You'll probably get much more respect from the MM's by going about it in a diplomatic manner.

-Bromen
General of the Blue

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/