The exceptional Polish speaking wonders of the Neidar.

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

The exceptional Polish speaking wonders of the Neidar.

Post by Ilrahil » 04 Jun 2010 22:09

The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg gives a little blue berry to a tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: Ah run run run back home.
> The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg gives a little blue berry to a tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf.
> Sojiro drinks some of the mixture of 19 shots dwarven spirits, two shots dwarven spirits and shot dwarven spirits from the big bottle.
Sojiro lets off a real rip-roarer.
A smelly cloud fills the room.
Sojiro drops a slender luminous vine into his open dragonhide qarraba.
Sojiro eats a bowl of chilled soup.
Tarax asks Sojiro something.
Sojiro drops a blackened bastardsword into his black canvas backpack (open).
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: The penalty of attacking our guards is Death. It would be ill advised to attempt to conquer the area.
> Sojiro gets a blackened kite-shield from his black canvas backpack (open).
Sojiro wears the blackened kite-shield.
Sojiro nods.
> Sojiro drinks some of the mixture of 19 shots dwarven spirits, two shots dwarven spirits and shot dwarven spirits from the big bottle.
You stand to the southeast of the wall surrounding the city of Kalaman. Above, the stars shine coldly down from the black, night sky. The two moons Lunitari and Solinari offer some light as you make your way through the darkness. A small path seems to follow the edge of the wall.
There are two obvious exits: southwest and northeast.
A hovering ghostly skull, a foul rancid skeleton, a flying young blue dragon, Tarax, a flying adult blue dragon and Sojiro.
> Sojiro lets off a real rip-roarer.
Tarax lets off a real rip-roarer.
> The flying adult blue dragon bends his neck to watch the combat below.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: chyba nie
The magical power coursing through your veins slowly but surely draws your life force away...
The adult blue dragon soars up into the sky and disappears.
Tarax asks Sojiro something.
You stand to the southeast of the wall surrounding the city of Kalaman. Above, the stars shine coldly down from the black, night sky. The two moons Lunitari and Solinari offer some light as you make your way through the darkness. A small path seems to follow the edge of the wall.
A hovering ghostly skull, a foul rancid skeleton, a flying young blue dragon, Tarax and Sojiro.
> The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: moj elemental
Sojiro asks Tarax something.
Sojiro burps rudely.
Sojiro mumbles something about something else.
Tarax nods understandingly.
Sojiro drinks some of the mixture of 19 shots dwarven spirits, two shots dwarven spirits and shot dwarven spirits from the big bottle.
The young blue dragon soars up into the sky and disappears.
The hovering ghostly skull seems to have shaken off the dragon fear.
The foul rancid skeleton seems to have shaken off the dragon fear.
Tarax seems to have shaken off the dragon fear.
Tarax drinks some of the mixture of strong rum and crystal-clear liquor from the big bottle.
You feel you are once again able to summon dragons to your aid.
You say: Probably not.... and mine elemental
> The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: Probably not and my elemental....
> Sojiro lets off a real rip-roarer.
The magical power coursing through your veins slowly but surely draws your life force away...
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: Wasn't there an edict passed by Gorboth saying english was supposed to be spoken and not polish?
> The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: walnij se kielonka :)
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf thunders: lol
Sojiro burps rudely.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: A young stubbled dwarf arrives from the north.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf thunders: piss off you twat
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf thunders: some english for you
Sojiro gets a slender luminous vine from his open dragonhide qarraba.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The young stubbled dwarf leaves northwest.
A hovering ghostly skull, a foul rancid skeleton, Tarax and Sojiro.
> Sojiro burps rudely.
Sojiro raises his eyebrow inquisitively.
Tarax burps rudely.
The sound echoes in his silvanesti tower shield.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: What a fun encounter this is.
> The magical power coursing through your veins slowly but surely draws your life force away...
Sojiro drinks some of the mixture of 19 shots dwarven spirits, two shots dwarven spirits and shot dwarven spirits from the big bottle.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: I must remember to make a memory of it.
> Tarax lets off a real rip-roarer.
You feel a great shift in the market as Oltakum enters the world of Genesis.
Tarax drinks some of the mixture of strong rum and crystal-clear liquor from the big bottle.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: So Are you going to come and kill more guards? Stick around and fight this time perhaps?
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The hovering ghostly skull booms: Or can we leave knowing that our patrols will be safe.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf thunders: you can go lick the tail of your dragon queen
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: nie ma
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The massive brown-bearded male dwarf leaves gallantly west.
The hovering ghostly skull emits: A massive brown-bearded male dwarf arrives gallantly from the west.
Tarax mumbles: Chickens
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: pojda se
The hovering ghostly skull emits: The tidy-looking black-bearded male dwarf drinks some of the shot dwarven spirits from the big bottle.
> The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: bo ich guardzi klepia

Ilrahil

Re: The exceptional Polish speaking wonders of the Neidar.

Post by Ilrahil » 04 Jun 2010 22:11

I'd like to point out that this isn't a racial attack. Just the language they happened to be speaking.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 04 Jun 2010 22:15

Needs a translator...

Something about Tarax being awesome??
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 04 Jun 2010 22:32

On this note, I have to offer kudos to my fellow players in Europe who stick to perfect English almost 100% of the time. I'm sure there are many opportunities for people to start chatting in Swedish, Danish, etc. But I have almost never seen it. Us dumb monolingual American players really appreciate the community creating such an Anglo-centric gaming environment! :)

Of course now that the game is located in Israel, I can throw out a few Hebrew words! Especially if they involve God and prayer. All those hours in synagogue paying off.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 Jun 2010 22:57

Speaking of linguistical issues.
I intentionally try to lessen my english a bit to add some flavour to my character.

Speaking of that.. Would be interesting to try an Ogre alt some day.. And go all the way back to the basics of stupid english :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Jun 2010 23:15

Ilrahil wrote:(...)
so - 2 players among themselves speak their native language ... what is the point of this log? :?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 05 Jun 2010 05:58

Ilrahil wrote:* irrevelant part *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: I think not.
* another part of spam *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: My elemental
* more spam *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: Get yourself a drink (more literal: swig a shot) :)
* even more spam *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: There are no/none/etc. (can't translate properly without full context)
* still encountering spam *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: They're gonna go/leave/etc. (again, context is missing)
* we love spam! *
The hovering ghostly skull emits: Logg thunders: Because the guards are fighting them
I felt like there was no real secret about what was conveyed here, so I give you the translation.
And from what I heard in the past, most Neidars learned some polish sooner or later anyway :)
(Rhynox please elaborate if you can?)

Edit:
@ Amberlee: You did not encourage "proper gobbo" language in he WotE :(
Why change of heart?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 05 Jun 2010 09:41

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Jun 2010 10:49

Alorrana wrote:*ponder Polish Mafia* :twisted:
why did they succeed in driving off Neidars this time, btw.? Ilrahil alone couldn't have made the difference :twisted:

Knuffel
Wanderer

Post by Knuffel » 05 Jun 2010 11:26

The Polish I can understand, but what is the skull doing in the Story ?
*Just curious*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/