DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Velicus
Apprentice

Re: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Velicus » 23 Jun 2010 05:27

sharn wrote:I would say you kill and dont give the fuck. Reasons can be found later.
I do not like it.
If you honestly think anyone there was hoping to kill some random small player when a myth enemy was trapped in front of them and trying to escape, you are a complete imbecile.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Jun 2010 06:42

ok... first of all, give credit for the trap. it was genius. second... when did we start considering veterans newbies??? The very title denotes someone who should expect certain things and be prepared for them.

Irk, you're amazing for living.
Evils, shame on you for having every advantage and failing... lol.

great log... hope to see much more of them!

-B

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Jun 2010 09:30

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Summary in a few words... word GODDAMMUTHAF^%$%ING DEEEENIED!!! NO!!
(...)
"EPIC FAIL"
Your legs can't manage with the earthquake! Wait till it subsides.
Ilrahil howls: How'd he get out?

ARGHHH!!! He got out via some bug!! NO WAY!
That trap was epic.. So disappointed it did not come off.
Killing the other dwarf helped Irk a bit too hahaha :twisted:
The Irk uses another of his nine lives!
I wouldn't exactly consider NOT overlapping stomp with block a bug to be honest
one should override the other - else it's just too ... kinky for the baddies?
yes yes - baddies, as there is hardly any good-supporter ogre around (Garw come back?!) and won't be; one of the reasons being AA as one of the best combos for ogres available anyway

anyway
if the Mage would be as skilled as some other of his dark friends and decided to actually help with some real spells
+
if the team was less adrenaline pumped in RL (more focused)
+
if the team would know about block overriding stomp ... the Irk would be ready to gain even more guild-exp (for whatever he needs it anyway)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 10:45

A: The wizards I hope investigate how the bug worked as I have already complained that it shouldn't.

B: The mage in question used amazing spells for PvP, including one that should have left Irk very fatigued. However unfortunately for the new addition to Sparkle I believe he was able to run to the sparkle church, using hardly any fatigue, get rested to extremely alert, and flee to Green Oaks where he promptly went linkdead.

Laurel bitch all you want, the trap that took less than 10 minutes to set up was extremely planned, and he only got away due to a bug.

Irk... I hate that you got away personally, and I still want answers as to how. For as much cheating as you flaunt us for using somehow you managed to miraculously escape 3 myths, a legend, and 2 champions blocking you, in the middle of an ogrestomp which is supposed to block EVERYONE in the room from leaving all exits.... Want to see Irk's Miraculous escape?

Code: Select all

The massive adventurous male ogre brings his massive foot down in a mighty battle-stomp, triggering a minor earthquake!
Freya tries to take advantage of an opening in Irk's defences, but Irk charges into her with his shoulder.
Someone draws power from the realm of shadows.
As Nalfein moves in for a swift attack against Irk, Irk lets out an aggressive roar as he bashes Nalfein with his elbow causing Nalfein to stumble backwards.
Nalfein strikes Irk, but the blow deadens on contact and doesn't appear to hurt as much as it should have.
Nalfein swings at Irk's right arm with his sledgehammer of the colossus, but his chain hauberk protects him.
Tarax strikes Irk, but the blow deadens on contact and doesn't appear to hurt as much as it should have.
Screaming like some mad beast, Tarax lays into Irk!
Swinging wildly, he buffets Irk with his bloody skull club!
Irk tries to leave using the north exit, but you step into his path and prevent him from exiting.
You say: STOMP DAMN IT
> Irk drinks some of the 63 dwarven ales from the big bottle.
You are physically feeling very well and mentally in full vigour.
Irk is in a very bad shape.
Tarax is very hurt.
Freya is feeling very well.
Someone is feeling very well.
Nalfein is feeling very well.
The massive adventurous male ogre is feeling very well.
Bofur is feeling very well.
> Irk tries to leave using the north exit, but you block him from leaving as best as you can.
You are not yet ready to slash. Patience!
> Freya strikes Irk, but the blow deadens on contact and doesn't appear to hurt as much as it should have.
Freya scrapes her basket-hilt falchion along Irk's body.
You are physically feeling very well and mentally in full vigour.
Irk is in a very bad shape.
Tarax is very hurt.
> Irk manages to leave using the north exit.
You are now hunting Irk.
Irk leaves north.
You are not yet ready to slash. Patience!
> You are physically feeling very well and mentally in full vigour.
Tarax is very hurt.
> You are not yet ready to slash. Patience!
> Your legs can't manage with the earthquake! Wait till it subsides.
> The earthquake subsides, and you regain your footing.
Awesome as the Genesis population can see. An earthquake was triggered. Irk managed to escape somehow in the middle of the earthquake. I tried following him but was held by the earthquake, as did teammates who were held by a combination of earthquakes and blocks.

I do apologize to Bomrim who we saw after we killed him soon after. He said "It could be much worse" after we told him what he walked into. Unfortunate for him that he happened to be a dwarf when that was a target. I do hope whatever bug or cheat he used to escape is fixed though. A plan of such magnitude and well execution to be honest makes one not want to play after it is ruined due to a bug or some cheat he used.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 23 Jun 2010 10:48

And Laurel before you complain about someone being invisible during the fight. The person in question was not invisible, just an altercation in a log to protect someone's identity.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Jun 2010 11:15

*bitches and complains around* :twisted: :lol:

facts are:
failed attempt
you won't fail next time
you (and others) learned from this
you will be better prepared next time
Irk won't survive infinite
if this happened to Laurel she'd be meat
previously other failed attempts resulted in the death of the assaulter so - there's progress :twisted:

btw. for all I know Irk, you can accuse him of EVERYTHING but not of finding cheaty ways of escaping combat - he's THE dwarf when it comes to PvP control in RL as well - doesn't prepare, doesn't focus on PvP items, doesn't care for PvP utilities (as opposed to Artagel's wand usage in the fight where he died or other things) ... so for all I know Irk was just a lucky bastard in this case, who by accident made all aware of the block/stomp thing

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 23 Jun 2010 11:26

it looks like some wizard was helping Irk here and helped him to run away. HAX :(

I am suspecting the Someone dude...

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 23 Jun 2010 11:39

Tive wrote:it looks like some wizard was helping Irk here and helped him to run away. HAX :(

I am suspecting the Someone dude...
Yeah! The Someone dude is invisible wizard, who was healin Irk, an' removing block and stomp from him!
Time to dust off my tinfoil hat!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 Jun 2010 11:57

Hehehe, tinfoil hats all round!

Yup I think its a bug, breaking block pushed him out of room without checking if he could move.
It also overides caltrop check..
But there is a famous log where knights blocked monika and a caltrop stopped her wolf moving and then kept her their..
So its inconsistent and needs fixed for the person as well as steeds.

But I in no way believe Irk some secret engage cheat mode "get me out of here" command he was just one lucky SoB.

Now it may not be classy to mention this right now, but looking at all the attacks and his tanking.
I have to say I think that the Neidar defensive ability combat aid is "accidentally" stacking for each attacker.
So when being attacked by one person he may take 25 % less damage, but when attacked by 5,6 or 7 he takes closer to 100% less from all. Instead of 25% from each. When you look at the logs where someone has see fights on, every hit is normal hit is getting the "hurt less than you thought it should" message and a large proportion of the specials as well.

In other 1 vs 1 fights with Irk where I had a slight headstart (and still had a full powered layman) I have been able beat him up a lot more successfully even when he was defending, a big contrast to how his specials react when there are others trying too.

In each case were we have tried to kill Irk with a big squad _any_ other non Neidar player would have been dead in a fraction of the time.
Its not his axe, his con (impressive tho it is), not his relative stats you saw who was there, or his armour (mediocre grinding gear each time), or his layman which only takes one attacker out of the fight. Its Neidar super soak damage powers. Sure its a bad time to call nerf him ie help us kill this guy, but it is something that needs to be considered for every Neidar and grinding advantage they are getting in the future. And you saw him take me from fvw to somewhat hurt in one chop, so they have damage ability too.

Think of it like this..
If the same team had went to Mergula that sucker would have been dead numerous times before Irk.
Only thing in the same league of difficulty to hurt is the Calian Statue / Balrog.
Well that is my observations and concerns shared, apologies if the timing looks bad.

Theres no way I would quit over this, it was a great event even without the kill.
But I am going to stop trying my hammer against the Irk anvil and leave it to wizards to investigate things.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 23 Jun 2010 12:03

Maybe he is just a nicely coded boss npc ?:P doesnt he usually drop cool gear too?
Last edited by Tive on 23 Jun 2010 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/