DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Amberlee » 23 Jun 2010 21:30

Ilrahil wrote:
Greywolf wrote:Sorry this is not on topic but honestly - there is something wrong with the game if a veteran is considered a newbie. :roll:
Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree here...
But that again just shows how deep the size inflation has gotten into the game.
Talked with someone the other day about the statchange and new mortal titles when they came.
Before it was novice, greenhorne, apprentice, wanderer, adventurer, great adventurer, veteran and champion..
No more titles then that.
When the new titles came.. those who were barely champions actually went down to veteran again.

So the big ones back then.. the newbs of today..
Something to ponder atleast.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 23 Jun 2010 22:02

amberlee wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:
Greywolf wrote:Sorry this is not on topic but honestly - there is something wrong with the game if a veteran is considered a newbie. :roll:
Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree here...
Talked with someone the other day about the statchange and new mortal titles when they came.
Before it was novice, greenhorne, apprentice, wanderer, adventurer, great adventurer, veteran and champion..
When the new titles came.. those who were barely champions actually went down to veteran again.

That is exactly what happened to me!!! Talk about about being pissed...I didn't even get a cool NEW title - just the old Veteran one. Granted, you were almost expert but still....

Some time in 98 I asked Garnet, who was considered to be one of the biggest characters in the game at the time, how many "levels" above champion he thought he was. There is no way to know for sure but his guess was about 2. So the biggest characters in the game 12 years ago might have been small Titans.

When the new titles were changed (10 years ago?) I knew of one character who was still a champ. Not sure if there were any legends or myths right off the bat though.

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 23 Jun 2010 22:10

I walked in right after Irk and honestly my opinion to make a trigger on "dwarf" is really dumb. It's not like Irk and I got the same name or description.

Yes, it could have been worse. For example Irk have gathered experience for years, it would hurt him more than me. To gather up like that and trick him into a duel ain't fun at all, if you should ambush check your triggers if they are correct.

I've recovered from death, but my stats ain't the same, they stacked different and also I have to remove that scar now. I surely can live with that, but I still find it annoying.

And also to meet several I've interacted with in the game and see them changing that fast over not getting Irk down, with no sense of guilt that they killed me is very low. Also I was acused for beeing at the wrong place at the wrong time... It's Sparkle, not a Arena.

When you guys killed me, did I get an excuse? No, I did not. They've been coming in afterwards.. From many? No, just one.

Irk however had nothing to do with it, he gave me an excuse. Irk and I wasn't in the same team, I just followed to see the sparring between them. It could have been ANY dwarf, not just me.

It's clearly you want to bring down Irk, even if you have to kill half of the population on Genesis before you manage to do it.
Bomrim the Mighty Rockfriend, Supreme Master Gladiator of Athas and August
Doctor of Music, titan, male dwarf.

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 23 Jun 2010 22:45

Bomrim is actually about 8-9 days!

That counts for a new player according to me.
And compared to 3 myths Bomrim is really TINY!

Hektor mentioned that Freya and Bale,maybe others as well assisted on the attack on Bomrim.If those attacks had been directed towards Irk I assume that irk would be recovering from death.

If he used a Bug or not I dont know,but I know that due to the slaying of Bomrim he got a few extra seconds.
Time seems to be vital here..

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 23 Jun 2010 22:52

Bomrim wrote:I walked in right after Irk and honestly my opinion to make a trigger on "dwarf" is really dumb. It's not like Irk and I got the same name or description.

Yes, it could have been worse. For example Irk have gathered experience for years, it would hurt him more than me. To gather up like that and trick him into a duel ain't fun at all, if you should ambush check your triggers if they are correct.

I've recovered from death, but my stats ain't the same, they stacked different and also I have to remove that scar now. I surely can live with that, but I still find it annoying.

And also to meet several I've interacted with in the game and see them changing that fast over not getting Irk down, with no sense of guilt that they killed me is very low. Also I was acused for beeing at the wrong place at the wrong time... It's Sparkle, not a Arena.

When you guys killed me, did I get an excuse? No, I did not. They've been coming in afterwards.. From many? No, just one.

Irk however had nothing to do with it, he gave me an excuse. Irk and I wasn't in the same team, I just followed to see the sparring between them. It could have been ANY dwarf, not just me.

It's clearly you want to bring down Irk, even if you have to kill half of the population on Genesis before you manage to do it.
As far as being in the wrong place... what the person probably meant was that of all the thousands of safe, friendly rooms you could have been in, at that particular time, you were in the one that killed you. Thats just really unlucky.

I think it sucks that no one had the courtesy (or common sense) to talk to you after to make sure everything was OK and to see if you needed any help. Glad you have recovered though. Not sure about the stat thing...Did you change races or join a guild with some stat adjustments?

Don't be too bothered about the ganging up on Irk. I don't get involved in PvP myself but I think Irk does and so probably expects stuff like that every once in while. PvP is a favorite pastime of many players and is actively encouraged by the admin so it is a big part of Genesis. Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of it though.

Now about that scar... :lol: ...adds character :lol: ...and the chicks love them :lol:

I'm sorry to laugh but I remember a time when if a veteran died the scar would not have been something they would have complained about... Seriously though here's a tip...it doesn't cost nearly as much to get a scar removed in Thalasia as the sign says. ;)

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 23 Jun 2010 23:08

Chamdin wrote:

Hektor mentioned that Freya and Bale,maybe others as well assisted on the attack on Bomrim.If those attacks had been directed towards Irk I assume that irk would be recovering from death.

If he used a Bug or not I dont know,but I know that due to the slaying of Bomrim he got a few extra seconds.
Bomrim the player might very well be a newbie but Bromrim the character shouldn't be considered one. This is what I think is wrong with the game...stat inflation on the one hand and on the other new players being able to to hit Veteran at 8 or 9 day old. That hardly gives them time to enjoy all the areas and content of Genesis created specifically for the smaller than adventurer sized characters...unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about that now but what's it going to be like 10 years down the road?

Then again...there are no smaller than adventurer sized characters to enjoy those areas with so maybe its not so bad after all :roll: ....

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 24 Jun 2010 03:03

Greywolf wrote:
Chamdin wrote:

Bomrim the player might very well be a newbie but Bromrim the character shouldn't be considered one. This is what I think is wrong with the game...stat inflation on the one hand and on the other new players being able to to hit Veteran at 8 or 9 day old. That hardly gives them time to enjoy all the areas and content of Genesis created specifically for the smaller than adventurer sized characters...unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about that now but what's it going to be like 10 years down the road?

Then again...there are no smaller than adventurer sized characters to enjoy those areas with so maybe its not so bad after all :roll: ....
Theres content for small people? I thought everyone just got rushed by Mithas Trolls to about adventurer did a few quests and kept being taken on Faerun trips till they hit Vet which by then someone has given them enough plats to max out in their guild and they can now take on Gont. :lol:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2010 09:31

amberlee wrote: Have to agree here...

OMG you forgot Beginner! I can't believe you could be so newbie insensitive.
BIG ones back then where at hero/titan..
Ones big enough to consider themselves badass with immortal stats where rising hero/hero.

When the new titles came in we already had quite few legends but no myths right?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2010 09:51

Bomrim wrote:I walked in right after Irk and honestly my opinion to make a trigger on "dwarf" is really dumb. It's not like Irk and I got the same name or description.

Hey Bomrim, you said you were stiff from sleeping, well welcome back!!! Your famous!
Good to see you here on the forum. And I hope this will not sour your return...

I am 99.999% certain freya attacked irk, bofur assited on trigger, irk was only dwarf there, bofur typing kill dwarf, you arrive, he hits enter and gets you, others assist on triggers.

Now from a more characterish point of view.
I did not agree to stop "sparring" with Irk at bad shape, like if a knight asks me to spare I say sure "to death".
If its not inside the arena its not all fun and games.
He also knew I hadn't agreed, do you think if Irk was about to kill me he would have stopped?
The guy who had just scried me then brought his 3 myth team hunting for me alone...

You chose to watch, when I clearly was not being very friendly to you.
Your put yourself in a dangerous position.
Tarax would not apologise to a dwarf who got in the way of his club..
That is what you did, well not his but others and well this time curiosity killed the stuntie.

Keep the scar.. Its part of your back story now.
It will remind you of meeting Tarax and the rest.
More dwarven hatred for orcs and orges.
Have your character grow twisted and bitter.
Join the Neidars and kick some orc ass.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 24 Jun 2010 10:01

To be a team with 6 people and attack Irk is pretty low in my eyes.

Even though I'm not new, this character goes back 5-6 years.

So if someone shows not to be a new player, you define it to be okey to kill him.

And to your hunting of Irk I want to refeer to;

"Abusive player-killing is primarily defined as repeatedly killing smaller players that cannot defend themselves, or targeting a specific player for repeat killings without provocation."

Irk might have killed some of you, but how many times havn't you attacked him? Now you even trying to trick him.

I strongly doubt you guys did it for excellent reasons as you also hunt people for something their guildmates have done.

When Irk escaped you changed target, it was like "Hey, we take Ninle instead". The point was to kill Ninle, for something Tristram did. Are you afraid to take on Tristram instead? It's a noticeable difference between the sizes and the numbers.

I'd like to see the results of Irk with five friends against your team. Think we all know how it would end.
Bomrim the Mighty Rockfriend, Supreme Master Gladiator of Athas and August
Doctor of Music, titan, male dwarf.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/