DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words. And a log of thousands of words is worthy of being shared. Share your stories and experiences here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chamdin
Wanderer

Re: DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Chamdin » 24 Jun 2010 12:23

Hehehe! I have to apologize for that teasing but I couldnt help myself.

I still think that Bomrim is more frustrated with his death though than the unfair trap set up for Irk.

I didnt mean that Maizara had been AA at all,that was a slight kick in the groin to the huge myths that felt that they needed to be at least 6 to kill Bomrim. :D

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 24 Jun 2010 12:31

How can traps be fair?

There were some brilliant ones done in past too (like the one set for Iliana by Lindros&Co, for example) and some less entertaining, but still successful. By both sides.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 24 Jun 2010 14:01

Maizara wrote:
Bomrim wrote:Tarax, Gladiators have their our own scars, "You have the brutal scars of a Gladiator.". I'm not keeping this. It's not a part of my "story" as it was a mistake by your team.

Back in the days it were better, people ACTED and played after it. It wasn't about kills.

Also you missed the point, I also used bold letters and you missed it.

Again then: "or targeting a specific player for repeat killings without provocation"

Maizara, I've been in the realm for over 10 years, I know what Irk is capable off. Are "People afraid of Tristram... riiiight" the best you can come up with?
Then if you know what he is capable of then I am not sure why you are making it sound like the Saint is being bullied.

And no I could call Tristram a limp dicked piss ant who does nothing but lead his sleeping bitch on a leash around the realms ganking anything smaller then him and running like a bat out of hell when someone glances at him wrong... but that just wouldn't be nice :)

Pretty much summed it up about Tristram :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 24 Jun 2010 14:28

Chamdin wrote:Hehehe! I have to apologize for that teasing but I couldnt help myself.

I still think that Bomrim is more frustrated with his death though than the unfair trap set up for Irk.

I didnt mean that Maizara had been AA at all,that was a slight kick in the groin to the huge myths that felt that they needed to be at least 6 to kill Bomrim. :D
Frustrated with my death? I'm not 10..

However I'm disappointed the stats restacked in another way than it should.
Bomrim the Mighty Rockfriend, Supreme Master Gladiator of Athas and August
Doctor of Music, titan, male dwarf.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2010 14:48

You have to focus as you did before, changing at the same points to get it back the same way..

You seem a little confused as to the meaning of the help files...
Bomrim wrote:Tarax, Gladiators have their our own scars, "You have the brutal scars of a Gladiator.". I'm not keeping this. It's not a part of my "story" as it was a mistake by your team.
Back in the days it were better, people ACTED and played after it. It wasn't about kills.
Again then: "or targeting a specific player for repeat killings without provocation"
We have provacation...
He had attacked me the same day, and was there to hunt me again.
I haven't killed him once.. SO cannot be repeat killing him.
IF he died and I waited at dwarf entry point and killed him again. THAT is repeat killing.

What about the encounter was poor acting?
Did not arrive and say: Yo S'up! Lets roll, will PWN U!! HAHAH dwarf OWNED.
The conversation from both parties was in character.
+ Ur making judgement from a brief encounter.

These events are what the game is about for me anyway, my character history on here tells of me dying etc and how it effected the character.

If you really really want to discard it and put it back to how it was complain to the player arch.
But it would be short sighted to do so IMO.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 24 Jun 2010 15:34

Tarax the Terrible wrote:You have to focus as you did before, changing at the same points to get it back the same way..

You seem a little confused as to the meaning of the help files...
We have provacation...
He had attacked me the same day, and was there to hunt me again.
I haven't killed him once.. SO cannot be repeat killing him.
IF he died and I waited at dwarf entry point and killed him again. THAT is repeat killing.

What about the encounter was poor acting?
Did not arrive and say: Yo S'up! Lets roll, will PWN U!! HAHAH dwarf OWNED.
The conversation from both parties was in character.
+ Ur making judgement from a brief encounter.

These events are what the game is about for me anyway, my character history on here tells of me dying etc and how it effected the character.

If you really really want to discard it and put it back to how it was complain to the player arch.
But it would be short sighted to do so IMO.
As the line says, you only have to target him with that goal. It doesn't say you have to kill him.

You probably should check the logs again if you thought it was RP all the way.
Just a hint.

As you know these gatherings aint like they used to be. Before people ran around, fighting one on one. Not six on one.

With blockingskill the game is now only designed to be able to kill someone. It used to be much more than that, and you know it.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 24 Jun 2010 15:51

Bomrim

Honestly -- I read your notes and I find your perceptions to be naive and lacking in a true understanding of whats really going on with Irk.

You claim you've been in the game for 10 years and know Irk's behaviors. If that was the case you'd also know the recent history -- you'd know that they have tried to kill Irk with smaller teams and failed. There is discussion here on the board. Aloranna complaining that they can't seem to kill him because he's a Neidar and his Con is so high. So they felt the need to build a bigger team to bring him down. Thats what happens--- when you can't kill someone --- you readjust your pattern and go after him again in a different way to bring whatever justice your feel is dictated by the RP going on at the time.

I'm almost 100% certain that this won't be the last time Irk will be hunted -- perhaps next time with a bigger team? or perhaps just a different set of people with a different set of skills?

Irk is not innocent -- only recently he was part of a team that killed a rising hero and champ player for not real apparent reason. You reap what you sew.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 24 Jun 2010 16:24

Bomrim wrote:Before people ran around, fighting one on one. Not six on one.
All the other things aside, I cannot help but comment on this line...

I've been playing this game longer than you, and honestly, I can never remember when people were running around dueling out fairly in a 1vs1, as a common sight. Ever. I think I can remember an incident or two in the past, where people have actually fairly dueled to the death, but not more than that. So I don't know what game you were playing "before", but it probably wasn't the same Genesis I were playing.

Ganking have always been the way most kills were achieved, huge teams, boats, stuns, blocks etc etc. It still is today, and I doubt it will change much, as long as the sting of dying is as it is. (even if some people think a death is "nothing)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Jun 2010 17:33

Let me see... Out of our team that attacked him... He had attacked both Freya and Tarax earlier that day. Myself and Freya are in the same guilds so naturally I will assist her. And Nalfein, Bale, and Bofur are all in the same guilds as Tarax, and closely linked to the mages. Not to mention I know for a fact Nalfein and Bale have been attacked by his team before.

As to us going after Ninle... Well he's a Calian and Tristram's dumbass just as Maxyz and Yanus did leads the entire guild into trouble, not to mention Ahith is far from any saint.

Now Bomrim if you want to talk about repeated playerkilling and harassment, how about we discuss when I was ganked 3-4 times in a matter of 3 weeks by the same two people who had just had their guild recoded and had block. Gorboth finally stepped in and said enough, but then the two return, and the first encounter I have with them is XXX attacks you, XXX attacks you, XXX and XXX begin positioning themselves to block the north exit. And they were knights. Very honorable. Had it been in Krynn oh well I'm General of BDA they are knights I expect it. In Middle Earth not so much.

That is more of the rule you are quoting. I'm not going to attack someone I'd like to kill and say ah good job you got away, I'm going to gather a bigger team or chnge tactics and try again... In the instance of Irk, tactics don't really need to be changed, bugs do it would seem.

Bomrim
Apprentice

Post by Bomrim » 24 Jun 2010 19:32

So you mean guilds today don't have rules when it comes to guildmates who are attacked? Most guild I know today have rules for that, which one could be expelled for breaking the rule. Doesn't seem your guild have it? The problem should be solved person to person, not group to person.

Why not just gain experience instead? Problem with the big team is solved. With that team you could grind pretty fast, also to mention the teambonus..

If you kill him and he've set focus on con, when he regain his experience his con will be higher than before.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/