What does your character name say about him/her

Roleplay encouraged here! Tell us about the background of your characters.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: What does your character name say about him/her

Post by Amberlee » 07 Oct 2014 22:23

Yepp youre good at running alright ;)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 08 Oct 2014 09:03

Running around hunting you all over the plains near Newport.

I'm free to spar whenever you wish.

-Bromen

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 21 Feb 2015 21:59

Skippern wrote:Don't know how I got to be Skippern, seems like I've always used that name in save games (at least where I could give proper names rather than 3 letters), so my main characters have always been Skippern, no matter what game I've played.

The name Skippern fits well with my professional life, though it predates my time at collage. (Skippern, Skipper, Captain (of a ship)).

I've second a few times (not only on Genesis) with the name Gestur, often with the surname Thin. Derived from the main protagonist character in an Icelandic movie about vikings and revenge, the name of the movie if I remember correctly is "Hrafnin Fligur", "The Raven Flys". He is never presented with a name as I remember, but when asked about who he is, he replied "First you said, 'He have seen too much', than your brother replied 'He is to young, will die on the journey'. When I arrived on this island you said 'These knifes should be heavy', and now I am your guest" (In Icelandic, "Gestur Thin" means "Your Guest")
I love that film trilogy and recently saw a character named Hrafn and this reminded me of it :D
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 21 Feb 2015 22:32

I totally thought Hrafn was a smack your head against the keyboard name.

Licentious
Novice
Location: close your eyes and dream of desire, there ah'll be.

Post by Licentious » 27 Oct 2015 07:00

First ah'd like to say Hi... First post!
The name Licentious has followed me from one game to another since the early TheSimsOnline days (beta tester) and was originally an amalgamation of several of my favorite characters from lore and screen. Rogue from the X-men (influence is obvious right shugah?) Highlander the Gatherings' Amanda and a character of my own creation ah'd played since the AOL Rhydin days named SBelladna (Saijah Belladonna) who was my early highlander bad arse. (She, much like Amanda, used her whiles to get out of losing her head countless times).

Her name evolved because ah needed to make her more promiscuous and lecherous and have that reflected in the name. So, like a good lil evil minx, ah went to the dictionary and chose the five sexiest names ah could come up with. The winner ended up being Licentious and the rest is Herstory *chuckles*

Licentious Lust(Darthe?) of Flotsam
Overheard whilst ummm engaged: The youthful short-haired female guard pitifully says: "Nothing sadder than a merc with superior guru in Being Ridden."

Titan

Post by Avatar » 27 Oct 2015 11:19

Licentious wrote:First ah'd like to say Hi... First post!
The name Licentious has followed me from one game to another since the early TheSimsOnline days (beta tester) and was originally an amalgamation of several of my favorite characters from lore and screen. Rogue from the X-men (influence is obvious right shugah?) Highlander the Gatherings' Amanda and a character of my own creation ah'd played since the AOL Rhydin days named SBelladna (Saijah Belladonna) who was my early highlander bad arse. (She, much like Amanda, used her whiles to get out of losing her head countless times).

Her name evolved because ah needed to make her more promiscuous and lecherous and have that reflected in the name. So, like a good lil evil minx, ah went to the dictionary and chose the five sexiest names ah could come up with. The winner ended up being Licentious and the rest is Herstory *chuckles*

Licentious Lust(Darthe?) of Flotsam
Love the flavor you've already brought to the game, so big welcome :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 13 Nov 2015 12:52

Okay my turn. When i was 12 (yes a long time ago) i loved the LOTR and especially Goldberry, in my country she is named Goudbezie. Dont know why, i was just fascinated by her, loved her far more than the other female characters. Maybe because she seemed wise, mysterious and very happy with her life with her husband far away from the misery of the world.
They help yes, but they dont let the evil things in the world destroy their happiness.

So i decided to make a mix of both names, thinking there would be allready another goldberry around in genesis (but i have not met anyone with that name before).

Now the trouble for me is the role-playing. Goldberry is not a human, or elf, she just is...well i let the fans decide. Also i m totally not mysterious, like my friends and enemies know in genesis haha. And i cant picture Goldberry with a spear either ;).

Well this was my little story.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Dravian
Greenhorne

Post by Dravian » 21 Nov 2015 12:45

Dravian (Dravian Xaos) was a character created years ago. His story developed over the years from a wandering soul seeking a place to call home.
Finding that home amongst a small band of outcasts that resided in Rhydin (AOL days), since they were banished from their homeland, and the kindred spirits brought his first taste of a home. After joining the ranks of the band of outcasts, he fell for the leader who was the deposed queen bands homeland. Dravian both rose in the ranks of the band of outcasts and in favor with the leader, she caught his eye and he her's. While he grew in status in the band with his many deeds and the ranks grew from a small band to a grand army that could retake the leader's homeland. During a particular gruesome and drawn out campaign in the homeland to retake the throne, Dravian took an arrow meant for leader. The life-threatening wound delivered by the arrow resided deep in his chest, very near his heart and his life was nearly extinguished. If it were not for the heart-felt pleads of the leader calling his name and the life-giving tears dotting his face, as he resided cradled in her arms. His flame would of been extinguished that day but the shrilled cries of his name fueled his desire to live. That event cemented two things, the pain of the arrow that resided in his chest did not compare to the heartache of losing his beloved and that one act was the catalyst that turned the tide of retaking the kingdom. When Dravian recovered from his wounds it was not long that he and the newly rightfully crowned queen wed.
At his pinnacle, he was a King, husband to the love of his life and father to many children, all while ruling a prosperous land. Their reign came to a tragic and abrupt end.
With the advent of remnants of the opposing faction ending the lives of all he loved, he watched helplessly bound and gagged, still trying to fight as his whole world was ripped from him. One by one they were taken, dispatched and tossed aside like refuse, the display was too much to bare. Dravian went numb. Not from the dagger that was thrust in his back when his turn came but from the sight he witnessed that left him in a death-like state. As he and the rest of his family were carted off to be buried in unmarked grave. He was able to lose his bonds and dig himself from the grave. After making his way through the area to a lone hut he stumbled in and was met with the kindness of a old hermit. The hermit nursed Dravian back to health and all the while knowing not who Dravian was. Dravian was very careful not to let on who he was for fear of his life but stuck to the story of a lone traveler that had been left for dead by thieves. This satisfied any questions from the hermit of who Dravian was and where he came from. During his time with the hermit Dravian would listen to the tales of the hermit's exploits and the lands he ahd traveled to and seen. This put a seed in his heart and a new direction that would fill the void left from massacre that happened to his family. After some time of regaining his strength, Dravian did not want to put the old hermit in danger nor burden him any longer. He set off for the lands the hermit told of, to create a new life and to seek out absolution of the pain that resides in his heart.
*Thus brings Dravian to Genesis to further his story and create a new one!*

Dravian
Greenhorne

Post by Dravian » 21 Nov 2015 12:45

Dravian (Dravian Xaos) was a character created years ago. His story developed over the years from a wandering soul seeking a place to call home.
Finding that home amongst a small band of outcasts that resided in Rhydin (AOL days), since they were banished from their homeland, and the kindred spirits brought his first taste of a home. After joining the ranks of the band of outcasts, he fell for the leader who was the deposed queen bands homeland. Dravian both rose in the ranks of the band of outcasts and in favor with the leader, she caught his eye and he her's. While he grew in status in the band with his many deeds and the ranks grew from a small band to a grand army that could retake the leader's homeland. During a particular gruesome and drawn out campaign in the homeland to retake the throne, Dravian took an arrow meant for leader. The life-threatening wound delivered by the arrow resided deep in his chest, very near his heart and his life was nearly extinguished. If it were not for the heart-felt pleads of the leader calling his name and the life-giving tears dotting his face, as he resided cradled in her arms. His flame would of been extinguished that day but the shrilled cries of his name fueled his desire to live. That event cemented two things, the pain of the arrow that resided in his chest did not compare to the heartache of losing his beloved and that one act was the catalyst that turned the tide of retaking the kingdom. When Dravian recovered from his wounds it was not long that he and the newly rightfully crowned queen wed.
At his pinnacle, he was a King, husband to the love of his life and father to many children, all while ruling a prosperous land. Their reign came to a tragic and abrupt end.
With the advent of remnants of the opposing faction ending the lives of all he loved, he watched helplessly bound and gagged, still trying to fight as his whole world was ripped from him. One by one they were taken, dispatched and tossed aside like refuse, the display was too much to bare. Dravian went numb. Not from the dagger that was thrust in his back when his turn came but from the sight he witnessed that left him in a death-like state. As he and the rest of his family were carted off to be buried in unmarked grave. He was able to lose his bonds and dig himself from the grave. After making his way through the area to a lone hut he stumbled in and was met with the kindness of a old hermit. The hermit nursed Dravian back to health and all the while knowing not who Dravian was. Dravian was very careful not to let on who he was for fear of his life but stuck to the story of a lone traveler that had been left for dead by thieves. This satisfied any questions from the hermit of who Dravian was and where he came from. During his time Dravian would listen to the tales of the hermit's exploits and the lands he had traveled to and seen. This put a seed in his heart and a new direction that would fill the void left from massacre that happened to his family. After some time of regaining his strength, Dravian did not want to put the old hermit in danger nor burden him any longer. He set off for the lands the hermit told of, to create a new life and to seek out absolution of the pain that resides in his heart.
*Thus brings Dravian to Genesis to further his story and create a new one!*

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 08 Mar 2016 21:45

Well aside from the Hobbit and the greatest three books penned by the messiah himself, Lord of the Rings, my favorite book growing was they Odyssey. The main character Odysseus always resonated in me. Here was this king, who'd made some mistakes and now was being punished for them when all he wanted to do was get home. So when I created my character I went back to who Odysseus was and shortening the name slightly. Thus Ody was born into the realms of Genesis. Oh, and it's not Odd-ie it's Oh-dee.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/