What does your character name say about him/her

Roleplay encouraged here! Tell us about the background of your characters.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

Re: What does your character name say about him/her

Post by sylphan » 17 Nov 2017 23:29

Sylphan is a drow who has decided to leave the Underdark to pursue a life on the surface. She loves forests, which offer refuge from the intense light of the sun (to which her eyes are still adjusting) as well as from the heavily trafficked roads and cities (which she is learning to enjoy in small doses). Her name reflects this love, as "sylvan" means relating to trees and forests. Sylphan is a combination of "sylvan" and "sylph," which is a thin, graceful woman or girl. This fits Sylphan because she is graceful, slender, and young. Also, I just really like the way it sounds.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 13 Dec 2017 21:21

One of my usual names is... Augustus.

But people think it is a reference to Emperor Augustus, and in games were copying celebrity names is forbidden, they don't let it... Thus, I started to use Altheor as alternative name in those games.

Genesis for some reason already had Altheor and some other variations registered.

But "Alteor" (without the h) was free.

Later when I decided my character was Dunedain, there was the nice coincidence that "Aelthor", that resemble Altheor, was a valid Dunedain name, and made perfect sense.

So I decided my character is Aelthor, and registered as Alteor with lars due to bureaucratic reasons... (well, and it is true, as I said, Altheor was sadly already taken).

Sundavr
Novice

Post by Sundavr » 27 Feb 2018 21:12

First off, Hello everyone! This is my first post, and it feels good to find a game that isn't a 6 hour $54 game.

Ok, so my original username for everything used to be Nightwing_v2. I used to like dragons when I came up with this, and I envisioned a dragon and machine mixture, hence the v2.

Then I found out that Nightwing was a DC comic hero.
And I got tired of everyone asking me if that was my inspiration.

Sundavr comes from my 2nd favorite book series so far, Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle. Translated from the Ancient Language that he created, and that runs throughout the series, Sundavr literally means "Shadow."
“The greatest enemy is one that has nothing to lose.”
― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

“My heart died a while back.”
― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 27 Feb 2018 21:58

Sundavr wrote:First off, Hello everyone! This is my first post, and it feels good to find a game that isn't a 6 hour $54 game.

Ok, so my original username for everything used to be Nightwing_v2. I used to like dragons when I came up with this, and I envisioned a dragon and machine mixture, hence the v2.

Then I found out that Nightwing was a DC comic hero.
And I got tired of everyone asking me if that was my inspiration.

Sundavr comes from my 2nd favorite book series so far, Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle. Translated from the Ancient Language that he created, and that runs throughout the series, Sundavr literally means "Shadow."
I like it - and welcome to Genesis! This is anything but a 6-hr $54 game, that's for sure. Glad to have you with us. Reach out if you need help with anything. :)

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 27 Feb 2018 23:39

I like this thread, quite a lot.

Mirandus is latin for: wonder, marvelous, wondered, remarkable, astonishing, curious. As I really enjoy the Kender roleplay, I decided to choose a name for my Kender Wizard that suited the race. I think it's quite apt and a name I've come to enjoy using.

Hexen
Beginner

Post by Hexen » 06 Mar 2018 00:30

I named Hexen after my favorite game trilogy. Heretic: Shadow of the serpent riders (1994), Hexen: Beyond heretic (1995), and Hexen: Death kings of the dark citadel (1996) all of which eventually being bundled with an expansion pack called Towers of Darkness: Heretic, Hexen and Beyond in (1997). Later on when I discovered Genesis and created Hexen I was drawn to the Tower of Morgul and upon studying in His great library I learned the history of the Witch King. All of which seemed to be a perfect fit for Hex and oddly enough resembled the games very much, not to mention learning not to long ago that the German noun Hexen, means "witches", and/or the verb hexen, which means "to cast a spell" lol the perfect storm if you will.

At His feet,
Lord Siulendur
Attachments
Heretic-Shadow-of-the-Serpent-Riders.jpg
Heretic-Shadow-of-the-Serpent-Riders.jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
Hexen-Beyond-Heretic better one.jpg
Hexen-Beyond-Heretic better one.jpg (24.43 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
Hexen-Deathkings-Of-The-Dark-Citadel666.jpg
Hexen-Deathkings-Of-The-Dark-Citadel666.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
,___,
[O,o]
/)''''/)
-"--"--
~Night Owl~
Slow death, immense decay... Showers that cleanse you of your life. Angel of Death! Monarch to the kingdom of the dead..Sadistic, surgeon of demise. Sadist of the noblest blood!

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 01 Aug 2020 20:31

Budwise is of course a version of the ancient sanskrit "Bodhi". One who has reached enlightenment. Obvious, really.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Aug 2020 22:37

Budwise wrote:
01 Aug 2020 20:31
Budwise is of course a version of the ancient sanskrit "Bodhi". One who has reached enlightenment. Obvious, really.
Oh.
I always thought it had to do with a danish beer.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 02 Aug 2020 00:42

Mim wrote:
01 Aug 2020 22:37
Budwise wrote:
01 Aug 2020 20:31
Oh.
I always thought it had to do with a danish beer.
Today surprisingly I am sober enough to not really comment on that :twisted:

P. S.
Danish? I always thought it was the murican way...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 02 Aug 2020 21:31

Oh God, no... this, if any:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_Budvar_Brewery

The American version is like making love in a canoe.
It's f****** close to water.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/