Limbo

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
BeeZee
Novice

Limbo

Post by BeeZee » 13 Aug 2021 15:30

Hey
I did the newbie quest for the Enchanter in Sparkle, where you have to kill the half-orc priest in orc dungeon and get flute.
I killed him, but died while escaping.
Now I've gone to get corpse/equipment...no corpse.
Restarted quest, no corpse.
Signed out, no corpse.
Checked corpse pile in dungeon, nope.
Checked weapons and armour rooms, no items.
It was also notably my first death in the game ever, is that important?
If I die again, is it, along with my stuff, gone forever?
That's why I'm in limbo, not wanting to die.

Taro
Adventurer

Re: Limbo

Post by Taro » 14 Aug 2021 01:59

Your stuff does not disappear when you die, but your corpse will eventually decay and other people can pick up your corpse/items. If you are able to make it back to your corpse you should be able to retrieve your items.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

BeeZee
Novice

Post by BeeZee » 14 Aug 2021 08:09

Yes I know this, but there never was a corpse. I went straight back to where i died...
If you say the corpse will decompose away I guess I will never find it now.
However, it's sad and concerning that the first time I die I lose all my stuff.
Cheers

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Aug 2021 14:15

It doesnt matter how many times you die, you can never permanenlty die, and the penalty for dying stays the same (unless you also change race when you die). You lose some XP, and unless you can make it back to your corpse, you also lose your items. Usually, you can get back to your corpse to retrieve your stuff, but if unlucky, someone else loots it before you do. When your corpse decays (which takes several minutes), your stuff will end up on the floor. So, the only way to lose it is if another players picks up the stuff, or if an NPC does, which some do (but it's rare).

There are also some places where your corpse and items vanishes immediately. For example, there are some places where you can drown, and all your stuff (and corpse) is washed away. There are also some other ways of dying, where you die in such horrific ways that there is nothing left... neither corpse nor EQ. That is also rare, but it happens in some places.

In most cases you CAN retrieve your stuff, though. It's hard to know why you could not find your corpse in this particular instance, since we don't know exactly what killed you, or if there was other players around in the area, before you got back to the place you died.

Either way, don't be afraid of death. It's common to die in Genesis, especially when you are new to the game and small. The majority of players have died many many times, but the more you learn, and the more you grow, you'll learn how to avoid it better.

BeeZee
Novice

Post by BeeZee » 16 Aug 2021 14:24

Cheers.

I killed so many orcs in retaliation :lol:
So I soon had enough coin to buy all my stuff again.

See you in the shadows...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/