it says "advice which guilds to choose"

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

which guilds to choose?

13%
10%
6%
6%
23%
No votes
6%
6%
other - which?
29%

Total votes: 31

Zar
Hero

Re: it says "advice which guilds to choose"

Post by Zar » 15 Apr 2011 09:34

Laurel wrote:
zar wrote:DA/KoT - pros: weapon restriction, alignment, politics.
huh?
oops mistake: not pros, cons

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Apr 2011 10:21

it just occured to me that I did not mention Psuchae ... shall I add this position to the poll? what do you peeps think?

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 15 Apr 2011 13:27

Laurel wrote:it just occured to me that I did not mention Psuchae ... shall I add this position to the poll? what do you peeps think?
Do you have a chance to join?
Can you progress through titles without roleplaying?
Can you stay neutral both in game-mechanic wise and PvP wise?

If yes, then certainly.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 15 Apr 2011 13:46

Poet aint playing cause hes playing someone else thats at the moment more fun :P

I'd go RDA/Necro, there are no good laymans for RDA so Necro will have to suffice, want to buy neutral militia! :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Apr 2011 13:48

Draugor wrote:I'd go RDA/Necro, there are no good laymans for RDA so Necro will have to suffice
KoT? added (from what ppl - other than Davvol - say it's little, but still) defense and offense (dunno about the stun Ilrahil wrote about)?

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 15 Apr 2011 13:50

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:I'd go RDA/Necro, there are no good laymans for RDA so Necro will have to suffice
KoT? added (from what ppl - other than Davvol - say it's little, but still) defense and offense (dunno about the stun Ilrahil wrote about)?

That stun is only for like 2 secs and you can ONLY do it on a target not in combat to start a fight, so I am not sure why its there :P
And tfocus and tattack are so nerfed that the damage is embarassing in comparison to good layman guilds like militia wich is quite insane imo

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2011 22:16

For the goals you set out the perfect guild combo is Monk + Minotaur/Minstrel/Elementalist/KoT/AA/Pirate/Shield Bearer
You are not that hung up on equipment, 1vs1 you don't really need any.
Many layman choices leave you no restrictions who to team with same no affiliations or restrictions can have your choice of melee only or magic user.

The monk guild is a ton of fun. Beautifully coded.
Only hard thing to do is get used to their style of more flowing specials and not you feel ready to x showing up.

Only reason I left the monks was to do the AA thing I had never done the 1st time around.
When Tarax was created he went to AA halls on the very 1st day and was shocked to find them closed.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2011 22:22

Draugor wrote:
Laurel wrote:

That stun is only for like 2 secs and you can ONLY do it on a target not in combat to start a fight, so I am not sure why its there :P
And tfocus and tattack are so nerfed that the damage is embarassing in comparison to good layman guilds like militia wich is quite insane imo
the stun is good, can screw up peoples specials triggers but has weapon limitations which made it annoying to bother using.
The defence is powerful.
The offence I thought was very poor, but Homestar seemed to like it.
Overall it is a nice round out to the DA's giving them more options, was glad when Louie created it for them.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Dec 2012 22:25

So it's still merc>monk/RDA?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Dec 2012 17:40

RDA/CoH
AA/Trick

Best time of my gen life.

Edit: But seriously RDA + EW would be best. RDA gives you great combat so you have that covered and what you need on top is some utility which WotE provides. Especially Diabrecho for reasons I can't disclose here. AA + EW could work too I guess.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/