it says "advice which guilds to choose"

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

which guilds to choose?

13%
10%
6%
6%
23%
No votes
6%
6%
other - which?
29%

Total votes: 31

Laurel

it says "advice which guilds to choose"

Post by Laurel » 14 Apr 2011 15:06

Basic assumptions are, that I am a gamer who:

doesn't have much time to spend each day in Gen
isn't really interested in PvP
isn't really interested in RP'ing myself up in ranks
isn't really interested in leading guilds or handling political stuff
doesn't like axes

doesn't quite fancy cash-grinding ... but it's at least more fun with good trading-skill

likes good eq (racks full of good eq for guildies and self) and can spend all login-time running from place to place to collect gear
likes to survive things but also dish out good damage
enjoys freedom in choosing team-partners
enjoys diversity in play-style
likes clubs, polearms, swords (in this order)

Which guild setup should I choose in current Genesis?

I've been talking to some of you already about this and combinations that came to my mind were:

1. RDA + necro/KoT/pirate/EW/mino(?)
I always liked RDA for the straightforward impale special (eventho it's quite sucky against well armoured enemies afaik) and the usage of such nice weapons like the serrated hallie. Without a defensive ability from a layman they are to me a tad too fragile tho - hence the decision towards necro, KoT, pirate or EW. Mino I don't quite feel/fancy.
Whole concept quite one-sided tho - evil evil evil ... but RDA + KoT would be THE DA soldier ... or?

2. Ogre + pirate/AA
Ogres ... eq-hunt only for the purpose of destroying the acquired object (har har har!!!), hunt for cash and skulls for the most part of their on-line time ... or PvP? Ogre + pirate for more survival, ogre + AA for more ZzipZzap! The whole concept is again a little flawed in regards to required time spent to get the resources required for more intensive things like exp-grinding.

3. AA + necro
I know there's a few people here who whine about AA ... but on the other hand there's a few of my friends who quite enjoyed it! It's got potential in my eyes but again - it's quite one-sided towards evil evil ...
Whole concept tho - THE ME evil fighter, Angmarim serving the Tower with his/her weapon and death spells.

4. Merc + AA/necro
This approach should solve sucky/empty racks to an extent. This concept gives more diversity than AA occ, but it's still pretty one-sided towards being evil evil. Some people already showed however, that this concept has great potential.

5. Merc + pirate/EW/mino/blademaster
Table in pirates has some glory spread across Gen, EW however plainly blow in that regards. Also ... mercs ... bleh ... feels like a "teflon". Didn't point at merc + militia/sb as they are all negative - teflon AND one-sided (goodie goodie ...) AND without real racks.

6. Neidar (+SB obviously)
They blow so much when alone ... but can stand so much when tanking ... or?

7. KoS + BM/militia/blademaster
There's people on this forum who keep saying KoS are quite OP atm. Are they really? Why is Poet not playing if they are?

8. gladiator + necro/pirate/EW/mino/KoT
Wake up, go kill something with bare hands, kill something better with crap gear, gear up, improve, improve, log out ... log back and find empty racks again? Pirates would solve that ... but being stuck with axes only ... see basic assumptions.

I left 2 vote options for everyone. Let's see which combos are considered the best, most viable, fun and RP related ones in current Genesis setup (at least for the basic assumptions mentioned above).

EDIT: rrrright Lav ... thanks
Last edited by Laurel on 14 Apr 2011 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: it says "advice which guilds to choose"

Post by Cherek » 14 Apr 2011 15:18

I would have voted for monks, but there is no such option. Except from choice of weapon I think they fit in all the other categories. You can pick any teammate, they have (I assume) a working rack system, they tank very well, but can also deal damage, and you are pretty free to play your char as you want I think?

And they usually stay out of pvp, dont RP for rank I think? (who knows how those titles work?), and I never heard of monks getting their guild involved into any politics or wars etc... you you dont need to use axes..:) Oh right, since you say you dont have much time each day monks would be perfect since even if they dont have any EQ at all they can still function pretty well?

And the layman to go with? Pirates or Elementals would be my suggestion as it is still fairly neutral but with RP possibilities if you want to. Templars or Shieldbearers if you want some more offensive damage power, and be willing to sacrifice neutrality for it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Apr 2011 15:26

errr forgot to mention - monks are out of question for various reasons :lol:
the only viable RP choice for monk imo is minstrel anyway

edit: forgot to mention that SU is out of question for various reasons as well :twisted:

BDA - for the sole purpose of at least one "non-compliant with me" player being part of it
Last edited by Laurel on 14 Apr 2011 16:36, edited 2 times in total.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Apr 2011 16:02

Cant see why monks would be the only viable layman option as a monk?

Well then I would vote for Ogre-pirate I think.

Theoretically neutral, you can RP any ogre you want good or evil, or not RP at all and you're free to do basically what you wish.

And I'd imagine its good for "casual" play, I even think Gorboth mentioned they were designed for that.

Knights seem a bit in need of new blood though, so the old knight in me votes for that as well.:)

Lavellan
Wizard

Post by Lavellan » 14 Apr 2011 18:36

It's rather hard to interpret your results when you have two "5"s. ;)

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 14 Apr 2011 22:54

I say Calian Blademaster or Thornlin but blademaster if you want less restriction on alignment. Then again I am biased and there is usually always someone to team with now and I can vouch that we have some pretty good racks I wouldn't say the best but pretty good ones.

Soloing is almost not an option as a Calian though.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Apr 2011 01:32

If you dont want align restrict..
I'd say Merc/BM
No affiliations and no restrictions.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 15 Apr 2011 05:25

Merc/BM does not fulfill his rack style.

Personally Monk/Pirate has everything you ask for.

Neutrality, good racks in either guild not subject to guild thiefs. The get up and go method. You will have to work for karma if you want to do damage, but as a monk you can still solo most mobs without karma its just going to take a while. On the days you have more time you can get more damage.

Everyone loves a tank, you can join up with a damage dealer and be set. With plexus you don't HAVE to have a great set of gear and are not reliant on finding weapons.

Having said that let's break down your list:
Basic assumptions are, that I am a gamer who:

doesn't have much time to spend each day in Gen
isn't really interested in PvP
isn't really interested in RP'ing myself up in ranks
isn't really interested in leading guilds or handling political stuff
doesn't like axes

doesn't quite fancy cash-grinding ... but it's at least more fun with good trading-skill

likes good eq (racks full of good eq for guildies and self) and can spend all login-time running from place to place to collect gear
likes to survive things but also dish out good damage
enjoys freedom in choosing team-partners
enjoys diversity in play-style
likes clubs, polearms, swords (in this order)
1) You don't need a lot of time to spend each day to become a monk or a pirate.
2) You will rarely if ever find yourself in a PvP conflict as either of them unless you want it to happen.
3) There is a degree to RP to get in but you can RP a monk the way you want stricting to a few rules. Some of the worst RP'ers have been in this guild. Pirates are fun to RP and your a drunk which gives you limitless ways to RP that.
4) Elders are voted in and you would not have to accept the position, pirates have one ruler and once more you don't have to accept it.
5) Axes you won't need in either Monks or Pirates
6) Don't need to cash-grind other than for skill sets.
7) Fairly good racks in monks (and with tanking skills you don't need uber gear.) Pirate racks probably second best next to BDA.
8) You'll be able to survive, and with karma also do fairly good damage (trust me I was a monk... it is possible to do a lot of damage.)
9) Freedom to choose team partners, you can go on both sides of the spectrum in either of the guild.
10) Diversity of play style, this opens up a lot of options. Herbalism, fighting, RP'ing,
11) Yea unarmed isn't on your list but that's the only issue.
7)

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 15 Apr 2011 06:07

If DO is out of question, I would suggest:

Merc/pirate - flexibility in weapon choice, great racks - start in pirates. I loved that combo.
Ogre/AA - no racks needed, but weapons and armours are very expensive. And You cannot remember a single person.
DA/KoT - pros: weapon restriction, alignment, politics.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Apr 2011 09:28

zar wrote:DA/KoT - pros: weapon restriction, alignment, politics.
huh?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/