You fail to adopt what the guildmaster teaches you?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

You fail to adopt what the guildmaster teaches you?

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 09 Jun 2011 20:15

What are the limiting factors in this?

I think with some guilds you are limited in all skills till you build your guild exp.

Other guilds you seem to be able to train guilds specials to guru (maybe a quest 1st) straight away but be limited by guild exp only on the high level adventurer guild skills, sword defence etc.

In adventurer guilds for lowbies it might be your intelligence that determines how far you can train, or your mortal level?

Wondering how /why it varys across guilds.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Laurel

Re: You fail to adopt what the guildmaster teaches you?

Post by Laurel » 09 Jun 2011 20:18

I've had an ogre complain to me to be unable to train trading and language at pirates even with quadruple handasse - all other skills were seemingly quite learnable

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 09 Jun 2011 20:34

Certain stats play a role in each skill you can learn. So ... not enough stat in a given area might mean you have to gain stat in that area first.

This is one of the worst problems with the Ogre build. :p

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 09 Jun 2011 21:26

gorboth wrote:Certain stats play a role in each skill you can learn. So ... not enough stat in a given area might mean you have to gain stat in that area first.

This is one of the worst problems with the Ogre build. :p

G.
But easily countered by learning all your skills first hand including your craft/layman then joining the ogres. ;)

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 09 Jun 2011 23:34

Or get items with Imbuements that raises a certain stat ?
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 10 Jun 2011 02:12

Unarmed combat was limited for me in the DO guild. I failed to adopt what the teacher tried to teach me. Or to put it correctly, _the teacher_ failed to teach me.
But in the Merc guild I didn't have the same problem. So obviously the Merc trainer is better at teaching unarmed combat than the DO trainer.
Should I be disappointed by the DO trainer or impressed by the Merc one? ;)

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have any good knowledge on what limits your training.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/