Maps.

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Maps.

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Mar 2010 01:57

I had made a mistake with the alias using %~1 instead of correctly using %-1
Fixed it now, was off the top of my head..

Any other mistakes let me know!
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Mar 2010 20:04

I kinda like in-game stuff and I think the magic map is just great. Now, it only covers newbie area, Sparkle and Gelan I think but if I remember correctly anyone is free to create ascii-maps in the same style for the other areas and send them in for incorporation in the magic map. Why not "simply" translate the maps that exist on the websites and start incorporating more and more area into the magic map? If the wizards would offer some type of reward for mortals who submit maps I am sure it could go pretty quick when we have many excellent "unofficial" maps to use as base.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 18 Mar 2010 20:56

Cherek wrote:I kinda like in-game stuff and I think the magic map is just great. Now, it only covers newbie area, Sparkle and Gelan I think but if I remember correctly anyone is free to create ascii-maps in the same style for the other areas and send them in for incorporation in the magic map. Why not "simply" translate the maps that exist on the websites and start incorporating more and more area into the magic map? If the wizards would offer some type of reward for mortals who submit maps I am sure it could go pretty quick when we have many excellent "unofficial" maps to use as base.
What a wonderful idea! If people want to make ascii maps, we can store them and get them added to the game. Let me talk to our mappity mapping Keeper to see if that's something viable. I'm sure he'll need something to focus on after he finishes the rest of the quest hints from the event.

Speaking of events, we could make it an event too. Though it may be a bit counterproductive as people would be making the same maps....hmm...

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 19 Mar 2010 00:23

petros wrote:
Cherek wrote:I kinda like in-game stuff and I think the magic map is just great. Now, it only covers newbie area, Sparkle and Gelan I think but if I remember correctly anyone is free to create ascii-maps in the same style for the other areas and send them in for incorporation in the magic map. Why not "simply" translate the maps that exist on the websites and start incorporating more and more area into the magic map? If the wizards would offer some type of reward for mortals who submit maps I am sure it could go pretty quick when we have many excellent "unofficial" maps to use as base.
What a wonderful idea! If people want to make ascii maps, we can store them and get them added to the game. Let me talk to our mappity mapping Keeper to see if that's something viable. I'm sure he'll need something to focus on after he finishes the rest of the quest hints from the event.

Speaking of events, we could make it an event too. Though it may be a bit counterproductive as people would be making the same maps....hmm...

And it would be an event for ascii skilled people only....but if it boost the map making, it's good :)

Speaking of events. What ever happened to that? It used to be an event every 2 or 3 months. Now there is very long gaps between them. We need events, it makes playing a lot more fun, something else to do for a while. It makes people interact more, it's fun, fun, fun..... *bounce*
//Emma's overseer

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 19 Mar 2010 01:54

Trutblemma wrote:Speaking of events. What ever happened to that? It used to be an event every 2 or 3 months. Now there is very long gaps between them. We need events, it makes playing a lot more fun, something else to do for a while. It makes people interact more, it's fun, fun, fun..... *bounce*

I stopped donating rubies... now I quit... Last event barely anyone even participated in.

Il's Player

P.S. the first two were sarcastic

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Mar 2010 12:50

Nice idea about extending the magic map.

There are some old school ones out there we could maybe just add?
People posted them so I guess they wanted others to be able to use them...
eg
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-51024/p4.htm
http://www.cryptr.net/?genesis
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/