Random Pieces of Wisdom

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Random Pieces of Wisdom

Post by Zhar » 05 Mar 2014 13:39

I think it would be nice to have a thread for imparting random wisdom upon people. You know, small stuff that might take you a while to discover on your own and adds to the quality of your life.

1. When you're on a ship, you can "exa view" to see where you are (in case you disconnected on the ship and want to know in which direction the ship is going when you come back for example).

2. If you want to check multiple corpses for something, you can "look in corpses" instead of examining each one separately.

3. Wimpy setting other than "Brave" is only useful in case you disconnect, otherwise it's more of a hindrance than help.

4. Most people get confused when boarding the Golden Lion. That's because usual maps depict it wrong:

Code: Select all

|\    /|
*-* \  / *-*
  |  \/  |
  *--BB--*
This is how the deck of the Golden Lion actually looks like (BB is where you board the ship). Depending on how you view it (where is the bow or "front" of the ship), it will either be this or the same thing but upside down. If you imagine the bow of the ship on the left, it will be upside down, on the right and it will look like I posted it above. With "fore" you move towards the bow and with "aft" you move towards the stern. "port" and "starboard" move you left and right respectively when facing the bow.

You can alternatively view it like that:

Code: Select all

| \ / |
*-*  B  *-*
  | / \ |
The / and \ exits are one-way.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kiara
Champion

Re: Random Pieces of Wisdom

Post by Kiara » 05 Mar 2014 15:21

Zhar wrote: 3. Wimpy setting other than "Brave" is only useful in case you disconnect, otherwise it's more of a hindrance than help.
Whaat?? You trying to get people killed?:)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 05 Mar 2014 15:39

I'm serious. I died more often because of wimpying than not. And it's especially annoying in teams - if the leader starts wimpying around it confuses everyone, if someone else wimpies, the team often has to go places it doesn't want to. In my scripts I always put a trigget to set wimpy to "brave" when I join a team, just to make sure.

I think it's fine to have wimpy TH or BA when going solo and not being super attentive, in team it's a big no no in my opinion, especially that it's team leader's job to make sure everyone is OK.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 05 Mar 2014 16:05

Zhar wrote:I'm serious. I died more often because of wimpying than not. And it's especially annoying in teams - if the leader starts wimpying around it confuses everyone, if someone else wimpies, the team often has to go places it doesn't want to. In my scripts I always put a trigget to set wimpy to "brave" when I join a team, just to make sure.

I think it's fine to have wimpy TH or BA when going solo and not being super attentive, in team it's a big no no in my opinion, especially that it's team leader's job to make sure everyone is OK.
Interesting. Well I've always had wimpy at TH or BA no matter what. Wimpy have resulted in a death here and there though when you manually leave, and then wimpy back...

But I think it has saved my many more times though...:)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 05 Mar 2014 22:28

Zhar wrote: 1. When you're on a ship, you can "exa view" to see where you are (in case you disconnected on the ship and want to know in which direction the ship is going when you come back for example).
You used to be able to ask the captain "Where are we sailing" or "destination" to find out where the ship is going. But maybe this changed with the change of the shiplines.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 05 Mar 2014 23:07

arcon wrote:
Zhar wrote: 1. When you're on a ship, you can "exa view" to see where you are (in case you disconnected on the ship and want to know in which direction the ship is going when you come back for example).
You used to be able to ask the captain "Where are we sailing" or "destination" to find out where the ship is going. But maybe this changed with the change of the shiplines.
This I didn't know :) With "exa view" you can sometimes even tell how far off you are too.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 06 Mar 2014 05:23

arcon wrote:
Still valid for the captain between tharbad -> pelargir -> poros in Gondor to my knowledge.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 06 Mar 2014 22:29

<v mail> - See if you have unread mail
<appraise light> - Judge if it's dark around you, even if you have dark-vision
<time> - Tell what time it is in Middle Earth

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 06 Mar 2014 22:45

<time> actually works in many domains. It's also quite important in Ansalon/Krynn since, if I remember it right, certain quests and events are tied to specific seasons/time.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 08 Apr 2014 12:22

I didn't know many of these commands... Thanks :-)

Keep 'em coming, please!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/