Quest Hint

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Quest Hint

Post by Snowrose » 14 Jan 2015 15:08

the math one can be done it pritty much requires you to fail a lot if your not briliant at math.
fail... then take notes on what the answer should have been sooner or later your gonna get one thats either easy or very close to a previous one.

this method can be used for various timed puzzle quests that can be repeted till you win.
just due to there are not an infinate number of questions that can be asked. its really just like the maze you can be lucky or patient. unless your rainman its often not about skill.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Jan 2015 16:32

Another reason to make Qexp optional :P Imagine the amount of newbies that loose interest due to retarded quest syntaxes, quests overallt and insane logic behind them?

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 14 Jan 2015 17:02

Draugor wrote:Another reason to make Qexp optional...

YES PLEASE.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 14 Jan 2015 17:07

syrk wrote:I found the statue of Lady Aeria in the west part of the city.
Thanks, I will renew my exploration. Apparently, and not surprisingly, I missed it.
syrk wrote:As for the shipwreck you are to find its steering wheel and do something with it.
I realize I need to find it. As I said, I looked around quite a bit, exploring and examining extensively, perhaps it had already been done and not reset?

Also, does anyone know how evil you have to be to do the Dephonian Temple quest? Every time I try a certain something falls to the floor instead of staying where I put it.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 14 Jan 2015 17:09

Snowrose wrote:the math one can be done it pritty much requires you to fail a lot if your not briliant at math.
fail... then take notes on what the answer should have been sooner or later your gonna get one thats either easy or very close to a previous one.

this method can be used for various timed puzzle quests that can be repeted till you win.
just due to there are not an infinate number of questions that can be asked. its really just like the maze you can be lucky or patient. unless your rainman its often not about skill.
Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Jan 2015 18:52

Heh, yeah the math quest is a great example on a quest designed by a programmer for programmers.:)

For us with another type of mind it's far from easy. I always used to "brute force method" on that one too. Keep at it and eventually you'll get an easy enough than even a normal non-math-geek brain can handle.:)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 15 Jan 2015 04:17

Yay! The steering wheel just wasn't there, found it this time.

Does anyone know if the Edoral quests are once per arma?

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 15 Jan 2015 05:06

I am working on the Aeria Staff quest, and I have begun assembling what you need, but I haven't been able to get the glass blower to make
me anything because I am an outsider. All he will tell me is 'I only sell bottles and vials to outsiders now.' I have done all the tours and such,
and I am not sure what I am missing?

Thanks.

Althyrian
Apprentice

Post by Althyrian » 15 Jan 2015 09:08

Dread wrote:I am working on the Aeria Staff quest, and I have begun assembling what you need, but I haven't been able to get the glass blower to make
me anything because I am an outsider. All he will tell me is 'I only sell bottles and vials to outsiders now.' I have done all the tours and such,
and I am not sure what I am missing?

Thanks.
You need to give him some sand which you can "collect" from the beach.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 15 Jan 2015 14:43

Snowrose wrote:the math one can be done it pritty much requires you to fail a lot if your not briliant at math.

Peoples used to say that the EXP-reward on this quest is based on number of attempts.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/