Quest orbs

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
petros
Site Admin
Posts: 473
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 07:50

Re: Quest orbs

Post by petros » 05 Feb 2015 15:00

Syrk wrote:What about when you have done all quests and the boards have not been updated for, say, 10 years.
How often are you going to check on them all?
Syrk - this is simply a situation where not all the i's were dotted and the t's crossed. A quest was created and the orb was not updated. It's partly an education and awareness issue for wizards here. To avoid this situation in the future, Gorboth actually created some comprehensive documentation last year on how to update the quest orbs.

We do what we can as wizards, but we can't be expected not to make mistakes.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3179
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Cherek » 05 Feb 2015 15:01

Khyros wrote:From what I am learning, being fairly new here, questing is supposed to be hard. I see nothing wrong with having to check the city boards for stuff. They are there for a reason, so utilizing them is a good thing.
Questing has always been hard in Genesis. And yes, it is supposed to be harder than most commercial games. Genesis as a whole requires a little bit more from the player than many graphical games. Still, we're doing our best to make the learning curve a little less steep, and quests a little bit easier. It would be great to hear from new players what they think too. What's too hard? What's too easy? Which quests are good, which are bad? Etc. Feel free to share your opinions on the forums or mail "aop" (Arch of Players Team). Which currently is me and Lilith.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3179
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Cherek » 05 Feb 2015 16:33

Icarus wrote:Liliths last additions to Sybarus have not been added to the Avenir orb yet.

And for information, until repaired; Kalad orb:

#1 info should be on quest #9.
#9 info should be on quest #12
#12 info should be on quest #1

So, if you lack one of these, you should know that the info is on another # on the orb.
I have fixed the above quests (numbers can vary a little for different players actually), but you should now find that the quests in Kalad now have the correct hint for the correct quest. As Icarus said, the hints had been mixed up. And only the hints, so don't worry if you've done these quests and think you've got the wrong XP or something. You haven't, the issue was just a few text files containing hints named incorrectly. Should be okay now, but if you discover there's still something not quite right with the hints in Kalad (or anywhere else) let me know.

Khyros
Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: 31 Jan 2015 00:38

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Khyros » 05 Feb 2015 18:11

Well, the only problem I am running into is knowing where to quest that is appropriate for my level. I didn't get the goblin cave quest done in time, I learned about it after I must have grown out of being able to go in there. I am trying the Solace quests, but thus far am stuck on a couple. Otherwise, I just don't know where to quest.

I love the questing being a bit harder, when I find a quest it feels like I should gain experience because it feels so good that I found one. When I complete a quest it feels even better, one more space filled in on the Quest Orbs.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3179
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Cherek » 05 Feb 2015 20:42

Khyros wrote:Well, the only problem I am running into is knowing where to quest that is appropriate for my level. I didn't get the goblin cave quest done in time, I learned about it after I must have grown out of being able to go in there. I am trying the Solace quests, but thus far am stuck on a couple. Otherwise, I just don't know where to quest.

I love the questing being a bit harder, when I find a quest it feels like I should gain experience because it feels so good that I found one. When I complete a quest it feels even better, one more space filled in on the Quest Orbs.
Hm yes. We could definitely improve in that aspect, it's hard to know which quests are suitable for which mortal size. I agree. Asking others is probably the best way currently. The user created webpage "the quest orbs online" also has some info on that. Did you check it out? There's a link to it on the community section on the official homepage.

As for goblin caves... you mean the orc's place outside Sparkle? Or where do you mean? There's basically no quests in Genesis you can be too big for. Except maybe one or two tiny tiny ones that don't really matter anyway.

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2317
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Quest orbs

Post by gorboth » 05 Feb 2015 22:31

Syrk wrote:Now you are telling me everyone is to be checking domains and cities boards for new quests. Come on.
One some there are still messages like from 15 years ago.
I think it is totally brilliant if a wizard decides to post something on a board somewhere in the game that will benefit only those who find and read that board. I know of at least one example of this right now that I don't think anyone has even seen yet. If you expect Genesis to be dumbed down to the point where all players have to do is log on to this forum to check the common board, then prepare to be outperformed by players less lazy.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Dread
Great Adventurer
Posts: 188
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 23:53

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Dread » 06 Feb 2015 21:08

gorboth wrote:I think it is totally brilliant if a wizard decides to post something on a board somewhere in the game that will benefit only those who find and read that board. I know of at least one example of this right now that I don't think anyone has even seen yet. If you expect Genesis to be rewritten to be user friendly and less of an old-boys club, then prepare to be outperformed by players with wiz alts/friends.

G.
FTFY

:twisted:

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2317
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Quest orbs

Post by gorboth » 07 Feb 2015 07:26

Heh. There is a balance between user-friendly and so dumbed down that exploration and investment of your knowledge of the game become meaningless. Posting every little thing that wizards create on the common board errs in the wrong direction. The many boards around the game should be thought of as places where you just might read something interesting and useful, and are part of the lore players use to their advantage.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Khyros
Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: 31 Jan 2015 00:38

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Khyros » 08 Feb 2015 21:52

Cherek wrote:
Khyros wrote:Well, the only problem I am running into is knowing where to quest that is appropriate for my level. I didn't get the goblin cave quest done in time, I learned about it after I must have grown out of being able to go in there. I am trying the Solace quests, but thus far am stuck on a couple. Otherwise, I just don't know where to quest.

I love the questing being a bit harder, when I find a quest it feels like I should gain experience because it feels so good that I found one. When I complete a quest it feels even better, one more space filled in on the Quest Orbs.
Hm yes. We could definitely improve in that aspect, it's hard to know which quests are suitable for which mortal size. I agree. Asking others is probably the best way currently. The user created webpage "the quest orbs online" also has some info on that. Did you check it out? There's a link to it on the community section on the official homepage.

As for goblin caves... you mean the orc's place outside Sparkle? Or where do you mean? There's basically no quests in Genesis you can be too big for. Except maybe one or two tiny tiny ones that don't really matter anyway.

There are Goblin Caves on the road south of the Orc road. I assumed that was where one of the quest hints in the tower was refering to with one of it's hints. I apologize I do not know the number off hand.

User avatar
Snowrose
Rising Hero
Posts: 307
Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Location: Reseda
Contact:

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Snowrose » 09 Feb 2015 02:20

it very well might be the place. look around search stuff maybe there are rooms you have not seen. or a npc you need to talk to.
Image

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/