Quest orbs

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Cherek » 03 Feb 2015 19:16

Icarus wrote:Liliths last additions to Sybarus have not been added to the Avenir orb yet.

And for information, until repaired; Kalad orb:

#1 info should be on quest #9.
#9 info should be on quest #12
#12 info should be on quest #1

So, if you lack one of these, you should know that the info is on another # on the orb.
Yup, those quests have apparently gotten their hints mixed up somehow. I can assure everyone the quests themselves are working like they always have, just the hints are misplaced. I'll look into fixing that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Feb 2015 19:18

Keltar wrote:
syrk wrote:
Right... so I found some quests which are not in the orbs... even after doing them... now whom to contact about this ?
Really? Tell us. We want to do them too.
They are tours, so the xp is very little.
I am sure either they will get to the orbs or I will have the qexp subtracted for them.
The quests are fairly new and hints have simply not made it to the orbs yet. The XP is real and nothing will be subtracted from your or anything. They just need to find their way to the orbs as well.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 04 Feb 2015 22:30

Icarus wrote:Liliths last additions to Sybarus have not been added to the Avenir orb yet.
So you have inside information about quests which were not released into public yet.
Yes. That is very regrettable and thanks for bringing the matter up!
Seems it is still like the old good times when players had been getting quest solutions from wizards.

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 04 Feb 2015 22:36

syrk wrote:
So you have inside information about quest which were not released into public yet.
Seems it is still like the old good times when players had been getting quest solutions from wizards.
No, no, mind you one of the boards in Avenir, be it near the boat from Sparkle or in the Bazaar, mentions said addition. So this is no private wizard info.
I just went to the area and asked everyone standard quest questions.
It was quite a while ago, so when the orbs did not get updated I started the thread here.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Feb 2015 22:58

Right. Lilith posted on an Avenir board long ago about her new quests, etc. Just because it didn't appear on the Common Board doesn't mean there aren't additions to the game here and there that you can discover on your own! :-)

C'mon, Syrk ... it's a new era!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Feb 2015 23:54

syrk wrote:
So you have inside information about quests which were not released into public yet.
Thats a strange accusation. And completely taken out of the blue.

The quest has been public all the time, although the orbs have not yet been updated. _Yet_. They will be. And as Keltar said, there has been note at the Bazaar in Sybarus since may 2014 where Lilith mentions changes in certain places in Avenir. If I am a mortal and notice a board post from a wizard I would be curious to check out the new area. And I think that sounds way more logical than some type of inside information or cheating as you seem to assume. For no reason at all. Bah.

Edit: Heh, Gorboth beat me to it while I was formulating my reply.:)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 05 Feb 2015 01:46

Now you are telling me everyone is to be checking domains and cities boards for new quests. Come on.
One some there are still messages like from 15 years ago.

Khyros
Beginner

Post by Khyros » 05 Feb 2015 01:53

From what I am learning, being fairly new here, questing is supposed to be hard. I see nothing wrong with having to check the city boards for stuff. They are there for a reason, so utilizing them is a good thing.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 05 Feb 2015 13:43

What about when you have done all quests and the boards have not been updated for, say, 10 years.
How often are you going to check on them all?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Feb 2015 14:58

Syrk wrote:What about when you have done all quests and the boards have not been updated for, say, 10 years.
How often are you going to check on them all?
Obviously the goal is to have all quests show up in the orbs, but as you are well aware it comes down to us wizards having the time and motivation to fix it too. Also, a wizard with the right access levels needs to fix global things like the orbs which is another thing to consider. And of course hints need to be written. I think it's great when wizards spend time and energy to update old areas, fix problems, and even create new things. So the orbs have not yet been updated, chill, we'll get to that. If some player happened to see a note on a board and complete a few quests before some others, I dont think it's such a big deal. Curiosity was rewarded this time.

And btw, accusing wizards who spend their time and effort creating new content of cheating is probably not a great motivator either. If you dont think quest orbs are updated in a timely manner, why not volunteer to help out? We have a quest revision team, and there are definitely things about the orbs that could be improved more too.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/